Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Chromium Picolinate?

abxavier

Does anyone know about this stuff and if it is beneficial in a balanced diet? Along with taking an ECA stack?

This was recommended by a pro-figure. She says its helped her a lot. Does anyone have experience with this stuff?

"Research shows that chromium is an essential part of our diet. Chromium picolinate can have many beneficial results when supplemented. It enhances insulin's effect in the body, improving the uptake of glucose, thereby causing better blood circulation and maintenance of blood sugar level. Gaining energy, burning fat, and building muscle with greater ease are attributed to chromium, to name a few. It assists the body in losing weight by helping it to build muscle to replace fat. Lowering body fat and increasing lean body mass are just a few of the positive properties that chromium picolinate exhibits on the body. Whoa, that is powerful!"

I took this stuff back in the 90's. You really don't hear many athletes talking about it much anymore. It's nothing phenomenal. I wouldn't waste your money.

It's not that expensive.... can buy some at Walmart for $5, last you a few months. Doesn't hurt to take it.... meant to help the body process carbs and fats which is beneficial for weight loss.

in trials its only been shown top help those with insulin resistence....
for me it makes a pretty big difference but for all I know its placebo effect...
its fallen out of favor for GTF which is a good deal more expensive due to some reports of dna mutation
for what its worth I was diagnosed with cancer last yr but was not told to stop taking it, it wasnt considered a factor, though maybe it was ya know? But then again the variety of cancer I was diagnosed with is about the only one that doesn't have a coorelation with tobacco use either

the american diabetes association used to have info on chromium picolinate...not sure if they still do

So you think its not worth the money, tami? How did it effect you?

lol - It didn't!

I really think focusing on the diet can help you more. It's one of those things that was all the rage at one time (kinda' like Vanadyl Sulfate) and now, after all the research trials, they are just kind of "ok".

It's definitely not going to give visible results, a slight change in diet will do the same... so I definitely back up the placebo effect.

WOW! The information make me understand. You helped me so much. I'm confused about it for a long time. Thanks for sharing this.

Top Bottom