Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Chondromalacia of Patella

LOL Arioch - well, they are pretty much the same as they were but I won't be starting the more agressive joints supps until next week as there were a few delays. You were right about carbs, though. As long as I keep the carbs adequate the knees are okay, lower the carbs and they hurt. I tend to sit cross legged (indian style) a lot when I work and am having to retrain myself on that as I think that is a big contributing factor. As for training they seem to handle low weight/higher reps fairly well, it is when I pack the weight onto any exercise that I have problems. I will post an update again in a couple of weeks.

Here is a short update -
I took my first 50mg of deca a week ago, it is too early to see a significant difference but I have noticed that in the last day or so my knees are no longer sore after cardio (flat walking on a treadmill). I don't seem to be retaining water yet but my throat is a bit sore so I think there may be some voice changes coming. Ox gave me facial hair but nothing like what has happened in the last week, I am getting a good bit on my adams apple, chin, upper lip and seem to be growing side burns - I'll shave it for another week and then go in for some lasering or I could always keep it and join the circus as the bearded lady.

When can I attempt some more agressive leg work? Maybe after another week or is that too soon?

p.s. - I am ravenously hungry - could put away 3500 cals a day no problem if I let myself. Is this common with deca?

Shoulda started with 25 mg.

You can gradually try to add weight. Too much too soon = big problems. Concentrate on healing.

And yes, an increase in appetite is relatively common. Eat more carbs and protein.

Drink a lot of water. Your body needs the fluid to repair the connective tissue as well as the sugars and proteo-aminoglycans.

Knee

before you panic, let me tell you a story about my husband...he tore his patella tendon completely loose!! it rolled up into his groin area along with his quad!!! His doc told him heavy squats are definetly out of the question, He wouldnt train for a year, and that would be any training at all..he didnt accept this diagnosis!! he went to another doc, he started rehab on his knee, and my hubby started training on his own about 4 months later, it has now been a year and 4 months, hes training heavy, squatting, etc..no problems, his knee is better and stronger! if he would have listened to the first doc, he would have now just been rehabing! The point is, find a doc that understands that people have desires and dreams, dont listen to that doc! obviously hes not pro sports! he thinks people should just train for health and fun...we as competitors are different! we have heart and desire..dont ever, never give up, as the hubby says, DIE HARD! He says he wont quite until they put him in a pine box! he has torn quads, pecs, biceps, and a numerous of other things, and he is still competing!

Ironmaiden, I see from your profile that you are a PL'er. I would like to humbly invite you to post over there. We are a pretty agreeable bunch.

I have that soft carrilage prob in my knees (from cheerleading) according to my doctor - for a while i let it bother and me and my knees got worse, when instead i forgot about it and started doing leg extensions - it built up the strength of my knees and I'm doing great :) Give it a whirl - Up the leg extensions and do it one leg at a time and then together for several sets :)

Arioch

I do read the PLing board every chance that I get..... I just don't post alot.... Thank you for the invite and I will try to post more offen!! :D :angel:

BTW....... I'm sorry that I didn't see your post.... I don't have a clue how I missed it...... :confused:

Last edited:
Top Bottom