Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

chilean sea bass

Aloha76

is this a good fish to eat while dieting? I am so tired of chicken right now. I love salmon, but also just tried chilean sea bass and absolutely LOVE it...I know it's a super oily fish, but is it ok to eat a few tims a week?

I am totally addicted to Chilean Sea Bass and eat it very frequently. At least a few times a week. It has good oil (omega 3) as well as Salmon, but I prefer Chilean..

Now, if you can tell me the macros (protein/fat nutrition)in Chilean Sea Bass would be very helpful to me. All the nutrition information I found so far, are all different.

We NEED fat in our diets. Fat is NOT the enemy. We need all three macronutrients (protein, fat and carbohydrates) in order to properly feed our bodies.

All seafood is good for you. Heck, I can't think of any meat that will negatively impact your diet as long as everything is consumed in proper proportion. I do realize that when one is dieting for competition one has to be VERY in tune with the exact breakdown of macros. But for the rest of us it really isn't that complicated. It is really THIS simple for *the rest of us*: A piece of meat on your plate that is about the size of your hand will most likely be more than adequate protein/fat for one sitting. Put a bit of complex carb and a generous helping of fibrous carb (preferably leafy greens, but put all kinda yummy variety of veggies). Don't smother any part of the meal with too much extra heavy fat laden creams and sauces (once in a while is OK but less is more with these types of condiments and food preparation options) and you will be just fine.

Really, for *the rest of us* is really is THAT simple.

As a BTW - I had several conversations with female pro body builders and many of them told me that right up until competition they would consume red meat and WHOLE EGGS so somehow I have have a hard time believing that FISH (fish oil is very good for you in the way of Omega fatty acids. Not THE BEST source of this type of essential fatty acid, but still GOOD) will be BAD. :)

Top Bottom