Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

cellulite

Hi. Here is my issue. I have cellulite pretty bad on my thighs. I have literally tried everything. I have had liposuction and mesotherapy. Then I thought I would do it the right way and hire a trainer and nutritionist. With her help, I competed in my 1st figure comp last year at 12% bf. I looked okay, but still had CELLULITE.

Of course I fell off the wagon after this 1st show and put on some unhealthy weight . Last May I was able to get my dieting habits back under control and started eating healthy again and lifting. I have more muscle this year and am starting to diet down for my next show. But I still have cellulite. Any suggestions? What am I doing wrong? I really thought I was doing everything right. I don't want to go through the pain of dieting down only to not end up with the results I want. Thanks!

Hello & welcome to the Ladies Board :)

First congrats on competiton! Not knowing anything about where you came from or how much training you've done I will say that even though its a great accomplishment to complete a show, in the bigger picture of getting the "perfect body" it often takes more than just one "diet down" - i.e. just because you dieted for 16 weeks or whatever doesn't mean that you are able to bring about all the changes you want in your body - sometimes it takes more than that, even years to produce certain changes that are essentially "training" your body to change its natural tendencies. For ex, I'm 41, I've been training since I was 16, dieting + training since I was 30 and competing since age 35. I've been on stage a couple times at less than 8% bodyfat and I still don't have a rock hard ass and have loose skin.

Here are some past discussions that should give you most of the info anyone here can give you again:

http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/search.php?searchid=1756086

I used to do some modeling when I was in my 20's, and we had a little secret for diminishing the appearance of cellulite before a photo shoot. Take used coffee grounds and mix with olive oil to make a thick paste. Scrub it into your skin with a vegetable brush (don't apply pressure and irritate your skin, just scrub it around enough to boost circulation). Then wrap the area with plastic wrap. I used to actually have an old shower curtain and would wrap myself in it and lie in the tub for an hour or two. Leave it on for at least 45 minutes. The caffeine in the coffee will tighten the skin and diminish the appearance of cellulite, at least temporarily. It isn't a permanent fix, but it helps for photo shoots. Almost every model I knew did it. I think this will help for your shows.

(There are also other herbs/natural ingredients that you can add to the mix, but the caffeine is the best. PM me if you want to make a more luxurious rub/wrap with other ingredients added in)

I hope this helps. ;)

HeatherRae said:
I used to do some modeling when I was in my 20's, and we had a little secret for diminishing the appearance of cellulite before a photo shoot. Take used coffee grounds and mix with olive oil to make a thick paste. Scrub it into your skin with a vegetable brush (don't apply pressure and irritate your skin, just scrub it around enough to boost circulation). Then wrap the area with plastic wrap. I used to actually have an old shower curtain and would wrap myself in it and lie in the tub for an hour or two. Leave it on for at least 45 minutes. The caffeine in the coffee will tighten the skin and diminish the appearance of cellulite, at least temporarily. It isn't a permanent fix, but it helps for photo shoots. Almost every model I knew did it. I think this will help for your shows.

(There are also other herbs/natural ingredients that you can add to the mix, but the caffeine is the best. PM me if you want to make a more luxurious rub/wrap with other ingredients added in)

I hope this helps. ;)

Couple other approaches: the ol' Preparation H thing as well as AF Store Yohimburn ES.

Sassy69 said:
Couple other approaches: the ol' Preparation H thing as well as AF Store Yohimburn ES.
Yeah, my way is just really frugal...lol. Oh yeah, I also have heard that only the Preparation H which is sold in Canada works well for this. Do you use the Prep. H sold in America for this? I never used to use it on my face, like lots of girls that I knew back then because I don't get bags under my eyes (they are deep set).

HeatherRae said:
Yeah, my way is just really frugal...lol. Oh yeah, I also have heard that only the Preparation H which is sold in Canada works well for this. Do you use the Prep. H sold in America for this? I never used to use it on my face, like lots of girls that I knew back then because I don't get bags under my eyes (they are deep set).

Only used it for contest prep, but I also did stuff like mix in powder yohimbine w/ DMSO before Yohimburn was available. I've slept in that rolled up in saran wrap for weeks at a time pre-comp.

Sassy69 said:
Only used it for contest prep, but I also did stuff like mix in powder yohimbine w/ DMSO before Yohimburn was available. I've slept in that rolled up in saran wrap for weeks at a time pre-comp.
Wow...in your opinion is the Yohimburn more effective than the caffeine stuff?

HeatherRae said:
Wow...in your opinion is the Yohimburn more effective than the caffeine stuff?

IMo - most definitely....the yohimbine makes a LOT of difference.

My thoughts:

1 - What muscle building are exercises are you performing for the legs?

2 - What is your overall bf?

You guys rock! Thanks for all the input. I do the following for legs-
4 sets 24 reps (12 out/ 12 back) walking lunges with 20 lb dumbells in each hand
4 sets 10 reps straight leg dead lifts at 60-70 lbs
4 sets 10 reps leg press 90-120 lbs
4 sets 10 reps smith machine squats 90 - 150 lbs
Sometimes I will superset step ups, pulsing lunges, leg extension or ham curls and sometimes I incorporate plymetrics - depends on my mood.

I have not measured my bf since the show (last 11/05) because I was so disgusted with myself. I would guess about 18% right now, though.

Also, I have only really been weight training for a little over two years. But how do those body for life people manage major transformation in 12 weeks and I cannot accomplish it in 2 years?

You guys rock! Thanks for all the input. I do the following for legs-
4 sets 24 reps (12 out/ 12 back) walking lunges with 20 lb dumbells in each hand
4 sets 10 reps straight leg dead lifts at 60-70 lbs
4 sets 10 reps leg press 90-120 lbs
4 sets 10 reps smith machine squats 90 - 150 lbs
Sometimes I will superset step ups, pulsing lunges, leg extension or ham curls and sometimes I incorporate plymetrics - depends on my mood.

I have not measured my bf since the show (last 11/05) because I was so disgusted with myself. I would guess about 18% right now, though.

Also, I have only really been weight training for a little over two years. But how do those body for life people manage major transformation in 12 weeks and I cannot accomplish it in 2 years?

How do they??

Desire and knowledge.

Knowledge is NOT power - APPLIED knowledge is power

I would focus on gaining some Lean mass in the legs.....different exercises - get out of the sets of 10 mentality

Honestly - if you have an average - high amount of estrogen - you can expect to see some dimpling at 18-20% bf.

Celluite is a form of fractured fat cells.....think "honeycomb" and you will get it.....building the muscle "squishes" it flatter - plenty of water keeps it form dimpling as much

Add some YES

Top Bottom