Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome

Night Fly

I have this in my left wrist and I dont' know what to do. It decides to act up whenever it pleases. I had to go do my push press workout today and it was killing me. Felt like someone sticking a knife in my left forearm and them just digging the knife in real deep. OUCH!!!!!

Every time I cleaned the bar I felt that sensation. I wrapped my left wrist as tight as I could with the wrap I had, but it didn't help much. I was only able to go up to 115...it really held me back.

B fold suggested taking Aleve before my workouts, but does anyone else have any more suggestions? I have not been to a doc, but had the ER doc check it out and he is for sure that I have it cause I have all the symptoms. Should I go to the doctor and have him prescribe something? I don't know what to do cause the pain is unbearable sometimes.

NightFly, I treat patients for this everyday. First thing you can do is splint your wrist at night while you sleep. You can get a wrist splint at your local pharmacy. Second, try to get on a good anti inflammatory. I would suggest 25mg of Vioxx per day, but that would warrent a trip to your local orthopaedic Dr. Try about 800mg of ibuprofin a day for a week or two and see if that doesnt help. Otherwise you need to see your friendly neighborhood orthopod for more options. Generally a shot of depo medrol can clear it up but I would try to avoid that. Let me know if I can help anymore. LAT:)

100mg of b6
100mg of b1

2 times a day

My symptoms reduced a LOT...and i have it in both hands..confirmed by a nerve test..not a hunch.

Latamier said:
NightFly, I treat patients for this everyday. First thing you can do is splint your wrist at night while you sleep. You can get a wrist splint at your local pharmacy. Second, try to get on a good anti inflammatory. I would suggest 25mg of Vioxx per day, but that would warrent a trip to your local orthopaedic Dr. Try about 800mg of ibuprofin a day for a week or two and see if that doesnt help. Otherwise you need to see your friendly neighborhood orthopod for more options. Generally a shot of depo medrol can clear it up but I would try to avoid that. Let me know if I can help anymore. LAT:)

Latamier....thank you very much. I am going to try the ibuprofen...I think that will work wonders. The only thing is...I have a problem taking medicine like that just because. I know it might help the flare ups, but I don't want it to tear up the lining in my stomach in the process. I know that you would have to take more ibuprofen than that for that to happen, but still...I'm paranoid about those type of things.

NYmuscle...I said that a doctor looked at it. Just because I didn't have a nerve test does not mean that he was wrong! Thanks for the info, though. :p

spatterson said:
You can buy vioxx from just about any online pharmacy without a scrip and at about 1/2 the price. :)

Vioxx is EXCELLENT stuff, but be careful it can and will make you hold water..so dont get discouraged. I think it raised blood pressure or some shit.

ps thanks for the karma night fly i loved your comment lol

pps.. if you know of anyone who does ART (Active Release Technique) or Rolfing, try it...it helped me a LOT...but it is BEYOND PAINFUL...its like the worst pain I ever felt.

I had it in both wrists and had to have the release surgery done.
If you can go see an ortopedic doc and have him check it out. I tried the splint on my wrist at night and it didn't help. The vioxx did not do that much either.

If they recomend the nerve test, there is really nothing to it. They will rate your symptons after the test on a scale of 1 to 10. My doctor recomended the surgery for anyone with results over 5. I had a 7 in one wrist and a 6 in the other.

BTW. My doc. also told me that if you have it in one wrist then you probably have it in both.:(

I do have the same thing on my left hand. Can't even touch my lil finger with my tumb and keep my other fingers straight.
Watch the way you are sleeping... Since I realised that I was sleeping on my hand (in a very weird position) and that I wrapped it before bedtime (not tight, but enough to make me remember that I should not sleep like that!) it's better...

LG

Thanks for the replies everyone!

NYMuscle...holding water from something like Vioxx...well, I really don't know if I want to risk that. I am already holding water from BC pills....lol...if I start taking Vioxx then I will be holding water like a dam.

Big4 life...both wrists? That's not a good feeling at all. I might have to do something, soon, though...because each time it flares up, the pain is worse and worse. It hurts really bad today, but probably because I irritated the crap out of it in the gym yesterday.

Little girl...I don't think I sleep in any wierd positions, but I will have to check that out anyway! Thanks for the info!

The surgery helps a lot. The numbness and pain is gone. The only problem I have is my grip is weaker than before. But I can live with that as opposed to the constant pain.

The recovery time is about 4 to 8 weeks depending on the person. I had one wrist done, then 4 weeks later the other.

Good luck.:angel:

Top Bottom