x
Almost there! Please complete this form and click the button below to gain instant access.
EliteFitness.com FREE Email Series: How You Can Use Winstrol, Masteron, HGH, and Testosterone for a Perfect, Muscular Physique!
- -
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe.
- -

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about Carpal Tunnel Syndrome within the Women's Fitness (Female Bodybuilding and Training) category.

Excerpt: I have this in my left wrist and I dont' know what to do. It decides to act up whenever it pleases. I had to go do my push press workout today and it was killing me. Felt like someone sticking a knife in my left forearm and them just digging the knife in real deep. OUCH!!!!! Every time I cleaned the bar I felt that sensation. I wrapped my left wrist as tight as I could with the wrap I had, but it didn't help much. I was only able to go up to 115...it really held me back. B fold

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome

I have this in my left wrist and I dont' know what to do. It decides to act up whenever it pleases. I had to go do my push press workout today and it was killing me. Felt like someone sticking a knife in my left forearm and them just digging the knife in real deep. OUCH!!!!!

Every time I cleaned the bar I felt that sensation. I wrapped my left wrist as tight as I could with the wrap I had, but it didn't help much. I was only able to go up to 115...it really held me back.

B fold suggested taking Aleve before my workouts, but does anyone else have any more suggestions? I have not been to a doc, but had the ER doc check it out and he is for sure that I have it cause I have all the symptoms. Should I go to the doctor and have him prescribe something? I don't know what to do cause the pain is unbearable sometimes.

NightFly, I treat patients for this everyday. First thing you can do is splint your wrist at night while you sleep. You can get a wrist splint at your local pharmacy. Second, try to get on a good anti inflammatory. I would suggest 25mg of Vioxx per day, but that would warrent a trip to your local orthopaedic Dr. Try about 800mg of ibuprofin a day for a week or two and see if that doesnt help. Otherwise you need to see your friendly neighborhood orthopod for more options. Generally a shot of depo medrol can clear it up but I would try to avoid that. Let me know if I can help anymore. LAT

100mg of b6
    100mg of b1

2 times a day

My symptoms reduced a LOT...and i have it in both hands..confirmed by a nerve test..not a hunch.

Originally posted by Latamier
    NightFly, I treat patients for this everyday. First thing you can do is splint your wrist at night while you sleep. You can get a wrist splint at your local pharmacy. Second, try to get on a good anti inflammatory. I would suggest 25mg of Vioxx per day, but that would warrent a trip to your local orthopaedic Dr. Try about 800mg of ibuprofin a day for a week or two and see if that doesnt help. Otherwise you need to see your friendly neighborhood orthopod for more options. Generally a shot of depo medrol can clear it up but I would try to avoid that. Let me know if I can help anymore. LAT
    Latamier....thank you very much. I am going to try the ibuprofen...I think that will work wonders. The only thing is...I have a problem taking medicine like that just because. I know it might help the flare ups, but I don't want it to tear up the lining in my stomach in the process. I know that you would have to take more ibuprofen than that for that to happen, but still...I'm paranoid about those type of things.

NYmuscle...I said that a doctor looked at it. Just because I didn't have a nerve test does not mean that he was wrong! Thanks for the info, though.

Originally posted by spatterson
    You can buy vioxx from just about any online pharmacy without a scrip and at about 1/2 the price.
    Thanks Spatts. I will have to look into that.

Originally posted by spatterson
    You can buy vioxx from just about any online pharmacy without a scrip and at about 1/2 the price.
    Vioxx is EXCELLENT stuff, but be careful it can and will make you hold water..so dont get discouraged. I think it raised blood pressure or some shit.

ps thanks for the karma night fly i loved your comment lol

pps.. if you know of anyone who does ART (Active Release Technique) or Rolfing, try it...it helped me a LOT...but it is BEYOND PAINFUL...its like the worst pain I ever felt.

Little Girl
    I do have the same thing on my left hand. Can't even touch my lil finger with my tumb and keep my other fingers straight.
    Watch the way you are sleeping... Since I realised that I was sleeping on my hand (in a very weird position) and that I wrapped it before bedtime (not tight, but enough to make me remember that I should not sleep like that!) it's better...

LG

Thanks for the replies everyone!

NYMuscle...holding water from something like Vioxx...well, I really don't know if I want to risk that. I am already holding water from BC pills....lol...if I start taking Vioxx then I will be holding water like a dam.

Big4 life...both wrists? That's not a good feeling at all. I might have to do something, soon, though...because each time it flares up, the pain is worse and worse. It hurts really bad today, but probably because I irritated the crap out of it in the gym yesterday.

Little girl...I don't think I sleep in any wierd positions, but I will have to check that out anyway! Thanks for the info!

Elite Strongman b fold the truth's Avatar
    You just have to do it girl. I talk with friends all the time that say "my knees hurt and I can't get them to stop." I ask..."did you ice them before and after training, stretch lightly, wrap them if needed, and take anti inflammatories before and after..?". "Nope." they reply

Surely you can beat this kiddo...just start with the ice, ibuprofen, proper warm up, and stretching. You might ask Hannibal about these problems...a lot of them are caused by your grip on the squat bar believe it or not.

B True

''Teach my children to love! They'll learn to hate on their own.''
    ''One thing is certian,You can't shake hands with a fist''
    ''It is not the beauty of a building you should look at; its the construction of the foundation that will stand the test of time.''

"ABSOLUTELY!!! I wouldn't take 4 days off of work to go support the men if I wasn't getting paid!"
    .....Jill Mills...World's Strongest Woman

Elite Strongman b fold the truth's Avatar
    You also need to go over to www.monstermuscle.com and get you a good pair of Inzer wrist wraps. I love mine. I wear them on my pressing and squatting movements when my wrists hurt.

And get you another keg. Palms facing will be much better of a pressing movement then with a bar...for your purposes and for your wrists. Only a few weeks left to train!!!

B True

''Teach my children to love! They'll learn to hate on their own.''
    ''One thing is certian,You can't shake hands with a fist''
    ''It is not the beauty of a building you should look at; its the construction of the foundation that will stand the test of time.''

"ABSOLUTELY!!! I wouldn't take 4 days off of work to go support the men if I wasn't getting paid!"
    .....Jill Mills...World's Strongest Woman