Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Can’t do a push up :(

susangayle

[FONT=&quot]I can't do a proper pushup to save my life, and I'm not even sure what a proper pushup really looks like. Talking to different people, there seems to be a lot of disagreement on what the arms should be doing - should they be right alongside your chest, or should they be out perpendicular, or somewhere in between? Where do the hands go, right underneath your shoulders or way far out? How far down do you go?

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]No matter what position I try, I can't do a pushup unless my knees are down on the ground. It would be neat to be able to do real, proper pushups by the end of the next 6-week challenge (aren't they one of the best body-weight exercises you can do for your upper body?), but I don't know what would be a reasonable expectation, and I don't know how to.[/FONT]

There are many ways to place your hands, and where you do is going to depend upon your personal body mechanics. Even if you can't do one now, practice getting into the up position. Make sure to lock the muscles in your legs and core so you are as stiff as a board. Try holding that until you feel comfortable in that position. Once you are comfortable start slowly lowering yourself to the down position. Even if you can't get back up just yet, slowly lowering with build strength too. Keep practicing and trying until you can do one. If you keep at it you will get it, and in no time you will be doing several

Push-ups are one of the biggest determiners of your upper body strength. They are intense, they make your arms shake, and there are 50 reasons why you can’t do them. Well, you can’t do them just yet, but soon you will. Read 50 reasons why you can’t do push-ups, and master the dreaded push-up in no time!

Top Bottom