Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Can you lose weight with carb only diet?

ClownFlash

Since I have started training hard, I started tocontrol my diet very much. Just wanted to share an interestingobservation I have made about my body. When my diet is mostlyprotein, I start to gain fat, and when I eat mostly carbs (naturalones), I lose weight. Interesting for me, because I thought that itshould be on the contrary.

protein sources we usually eat are red meat and chicken, which both are very high in calories and if you eat them at a restaurant or fast food joint, high in added oils and condiments

turkey and fish are less calories but are rarely eaten. plus i wouldn't eat fish from anywhere unless i know where it came from with all the food born illnesses.

anyway my point is if you eat a steak you are getting in 1000 calories, add in the mash potatoes, steak sauce you are closer to 1500 calories.. that is why you gain weight eating your protein sources IMO

so simply switch to more turkey and fish and cut down your red meat and chicken intake. fried chicken, 4oz you are looking at near 500 calories!

those KFC buckets you can imagine how many calories are in that shit, now you know why everyone who goes there has a gut.. those places are clever, if you look up the calorie content of their foods they list them in grams and not ounces. so it doesn't look as bad but in reality if you have lets say 3 chicken breasts (not hard to eat in 1 setting) you are easily going to be over 1200 calories. so no wonder you are gaining weight

Most probably the reason to your situation is the one described in so much detail by @stevesmi - while meats and chicken can be rather clean sources of protein, they are also loaded with calories. Hence the easiness of gaining weight with them if due attention is not paid.

You can use fish and seafood as your sources of protein, and you will notice how you will gain less weight with them. If you will eat them with a reduced amount of carbs, the weight loss should be even more prominent.

Also, our bodies don't like to consume the same stuff all the time, so it is a good idea to bring some variety from time to time.

This is a perfect example of why it's important to count your calories and not just macronutrients.

You can gain or loose weight on any food. What matters the most is your calorie intake.

It basically works like this -
body weight = calories in - calories consumed

To loose body weight, you need to consume less calories then you burn.

The problem with some protein foods like steak, whole eggs etc. is that they are very high in fat which makes them very calorie dense. When cutting, you want to stick to lean protein sources like skinless chicken breast, egg whites, lean red eat, wild caught fish etc.

Ultimately it comes down to your total calories in vs total calories out. You could easily be eating more with high protein than with carbs. Either way you want to have a good amount of protein to preserve muscle.

Top Bottom