Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

can obese women still weight train?

biggirlhelp47

I am getting self consious at the gym around other fit people and worry that people are watching me when I try and weight train because I am not sure if it will do me any good or if i should do something else. I am 210 pounds at 5'4", not sure about my body fat but I am a large woman from what I've been told, looking to lose like 50 pounds, how do i weight train?

that is an issue for sure and you don't have to be fat to be self consious. a lot of chicks don't like lifting at the gym from all the stalkers and gawkers. some however love having guys check them out. just depends

my view is simple. if you aren't comfortable then don't go. losing fat starts in the kitchen, not a gym, and you don't need a gym to get in exercise

You can definitely still weight train, and it can be very beneficial in helping to raise your overall metabolic rate. As far as being self-conscious, I am sure no one will give it a second thought. Almost everyone there is also trying to get or stay healthy as well. As mentioned though, adjusting your diet is also essential in making progress.

If people are judging that says a lot about them and not you. Throw a hoodie and headphones on. Tune out the noise and just focus on self-improvement.

of course. nothing wrong with someone bettering themselves

Of course, it might even help you in the long run in ways other than losing weight. I don't know about other people, but I keep my business at the gym. It's admirable that you're also working on yourself.

Top Bottom