Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Calorie count

I love your stuff Steve, and I’ve got massive respect for you but for weight loss tracking calories is a must. Calories in and calories out. It’s that simple.

Now when you start to talk body composition then it’s a different story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In the short run it works. In the long run it does not work and is counter productive. I would suggest anyone who thinks I am wrong and calories dictate weight gain or loss read some nutrition books and look at valid human studies which were NOT sponsored by food companies. I can suggest some reading of dr Jason fung books which will completely change ur mind in this topic

Tracking macros and calories is weight watchers and even they admit it does not work. In fact they have a 95% failure rate

The food companies love that though. It keeps people thinking they can eat their junk as long as it fits their macros

The problem with only counting calories is u ignore things like hormones, insulin, glucagon, genetics, memory, homeostasis, I can keep going which all factor into weight gain or loss. So no, calories in and out is not the end all. It is one of 20 factors.

And the kicker is if you eat the same calories daily you are actually fucking a lot of shit up including metabolism. The way it should be done? You should always cycle ur foods and calories. The ONLY animals on earth that eat the same amount of food daily are those in captivity. And those animals also display depression and other diseases like diabetes, cancer and obesity. How ironic that since people have pushed calorie counting all those issues have skyrocketed. Bottom line is it is completely wrong

In the short run it works. In the long run it does not work and is counter productive. I would suggest anyone who thinks I am wrong and calories dictate weight gain or loss read some nutrition books and look at valid human studies which were NOT sponsored by food companies. I can suggest some reading of dr Jason fung books which will completely change ur mind in this topic

Tracking macros and calories is weight watchers and even they admit it does not work. In fact they have a 95% failure rate

The food companies love that though. It keeps people thinking they can eat their junk as long as it fits their macros

The problem with only counting calories is u ignore things like hormones, insulin, glucagon, genetics, memory, homeostasis, I can keep going which all factor into weight gain or loss. So no, calories in and out is not the end all. It is one of 20 factors.

And the kicker is if you eat the same calories daily you are actually fucking a lot of shit up including metabolism. The way it should be done? You should always cycle ur foods and calories. The ONLY animals on earth that eat the same amount of food daily are those in captivity. And those animals also display depression and other diseases like diabetes, cancer and obesity. How ironic that since people have pushed calorie counting all those issues have skyrocketed. Bottom line is it is completely wrong

I totally agree with 99% of what you’re saying. And for life longevity you are completely correct. However, if you want to lose weight you have to be in a calorie deficit. That fact is not negotiable. Tracking your calories to make sure you’re in that deficit makes things ALOT easier. From there you have to make a lifestyle change to maintain a healthy weight. Which would include adopting some of the elements you have mentioned.

I totally agree with 99% of what you’re saying. And for life longevity you are completely correct. However, if you want to lose weight you have to be in a calorie deficit. That fact is not negotiable. Tracking your calories to make sure you’re in that deficit makes things ALOT easier. From there you have to make a lifestyle change to maintain a healthy weight. Which would include adopting some of the elements you have mentioned.

In the short run probably. In the long run no. Again you aren’t factoring in other things. 3000 calories of cake and pizza does not have the same effects as 3000 calories of healthy foods. Example ur insulin levels are dependent on what u eat and how often.

The reason macros are pushed so much in fitness is because coaches want to sell copy paste programs which tell you how much calories to eat and how many macros. Again those strategies fail miserably simply because a calorie isn’t a calorie. 500 calories of ice cream is not the same effect on the body as an avocado !! This is common sense yet the food companies want us to believe logic is wrong

Think about it another way. If u could just eat in a deficit everyday and lose weight forever wouldn’t someone weigh 0 eventually? Of course not. The flip side is if u are in a surplus daily you would balloon to 1000 pounds? Of course not. You have to factor in homeostasis, metabolism, and hormones.

In both examples a person will initially have success then hit a wall hard and then revert to their prior weight. Remember the hcg diet? It was eating 500 calories a day. Well every single person who did it is fatter today. Why? Cause long term it won’t work!! They actually do harm cause they screw up their metabolism and hormones too

Top Bottom