Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Cable Low Row - do you use it? Come on in!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daisy_Girl

Plat Hero
Platinum
I really like the Cable Low Row, is one of the few back exercises I LIKE and really feel. (I hate training back and biceps)

But tonight, while I was doing it, I had a couple questions.

1) What attachment do you use? Why?
2) Where do you pull to?

Do you mean the seated cable row? I've used the close grip and the wide grip. I pull to right in front of my boobs (damn things are too big to pull tight up to pecs) on the close grip. Same on the wide grip but further out.

Yah, the seated cable row .....

I pull it to the same place. I wish my gym had the wide grip handles, but they don't. They only have the close ones, and I don't like those as much. I use the straight bar.

I am just curious - trying to get some alternate workout ideas. :)

wellllllll...................

it depends

Short straight bar

Saddle handle

Rope

Wide pulldown bar

Yes, I use this - it's a staple back exercise for me and I find it rather effective. I mostly use the v-grip, but will also use the short straight bar with medium grip to vary the motion once in a while. I lean over, pull it up to a seated position, take a momentary pause and then pull it all the way back just under or at my bust line and squeeze....rinse, lather, repeat.

Miss24k said:
I've used all that S mentionned.
^^ Ditto ...I prefer the bar that looks like the W and I tend to use this to pull 'low' ...below chest and squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze.

I think S had me pulling high to chest/chin area for more rear delts ... kicks my butt. :evil:

*Bunny* said:
^^ Ditto ...I prefer the bar that looks like the W and I tend to use this to pull 'low' ...below chest and squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze.

I think S had me pulling high to chest/chin area for more rear delts ... kicks my butt. :evil:

Yeppers...

GENERAL RULE:

WIDE GRIP = INNER BACK
CLOSER GRIP = OUTER LATS

LOW ANGLE OF PULL = LOWER ON BACK
HIGH ANGLE OF PULL = RHOM/REAR DELTS

Those are GENERAL rules

Miss24k said:
I've used all that S mentionned.
Dito but I still prefer tbar or one arms to all of that. I used to use the wide bar to hit rear delts but I find it way more effective to do it with DB's seated now. I do however like the cable high row with the close grip v-shaped deal it is a good closer to back.

The Shadow said:
Short straight bar
wide pulldown bar

These are the two I use the most .....

I also like using the 2 separate handles together. The handles are the ones that most people use to work one side at a time. I link both in and pull together.

I don't have the W shaped attachment - I forgot about that one, I liked it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom