Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

burnout

cindylou said:
did you eventually resolve your problem? (I'm assuming you did lol) Thru alternative treatment?
I know the just tired... it's sounding more like you ran outta gas with the training... kinda blah, bored etc (unless by chance GG is right and you got a bun in the oven) ...

I REALLY enjoy an alternative choice to medical issues when it can be handled that way. I haven't 'seen the light' with the Acupuncture :) like some people rave about, but deep tissue massages are one of my favorite things to do.

Maybe treat yourself to a spa day or massage and just spoil yourself if you can in some way.

I agree with trying to liven up the training somehow or make it fun again, just something to get you moving, sometimes it just takes time or an event or one day you want to train again.

But, if things just aren't right (and i KNOW what you mean by that, my 3 docs couldn't find anything wrong with me) I went the chiro who specializes in the holistic good stuff and he does these little tests to asses potential issues. Try to imagine laying on your back & raising your right arm up, like a lever... he would apply gentle pressure to certain points/meridians on your body, i.e. the liver & kidney are usually the points that are blocked with me, then take your arm and (gently) try to push it down while activating the point with one hand, and trying to push down the level with his other hand, while you try to resist him pushing it down. Just wanted to explain b/c it's not anything painful or creepy, well unless you are in pain of course.

Not sure if you have access to someone that specializes in a holistic and natural approach to health care but I enjoy it.

:)

interesting....

and no, I dont believe I'm pregnant. I wish! LOL. J/K kinda...lol

maybe a detox is in order, and that deep tissue sounds great, that holistic treatment that you were talking about - (i think thats what you were talking about) that sounds like that would naturally feel great, pressing on certain pressure points I have spots that hurt to the touch right now, that sounds sooooo good!!!

Well, thanks for the tips/advice.

If anyone else has any tips on ways to beat burnout I'd love to hear them. I think I'm going to take a week off, and maybe take Bunny's advice and get a massage or something, but then I'm back at it, mabe just a less of a routine than before, and slowly ease my way back. maybe less cardio, who knows. Right now I'm only at 2 days a week. I'm not sure whats less that that, but none. LOL. I"m really bad right now.

I just want to add - it's kinda related - adrenals/thyroid issues.

We've become afraid of salt - OMG I will bloat!!! - no salt, low sodium.

You need salt/iodine - so unless you're trying to deplete your body of water for a short period of time - sea salt with iodine is not your enemy.

Cindylou......make sure your not pregnant if you are not sure....That was all I wanted to do was sleep and couldn't figure out why until I missed my period......so check

velvett said:
I just want to add - it's kinda related - adrenals/thyroid issues.

We've become afraid of salt - OMG I will bloat!!! - no salt, low sodium.

You need salt/iodine - so unless you're trying to deplete your body of water for a short period of time - sea salt with iodine is not your enemy.

low salt cant cause a slow thyroid?

Gymgurl said:
Cindylou......make sure your not pregnant if you are not sure....That was all I wanted to do was sleep and couldn't figure out why until I missed my period......so check

kay I will!!! WOW would that be cool. I probably wont be so lucky as to get pregnant by accident though.

cindylou said:
low salt cant cause a slow thyroid?

iodine effects thyroid function the uptake of iodine is different between hyperthyroid (too much) and hypothyroid
(too little)

cindylou said:
kay I will!!! WOW would that be cool. I probably wont be so lucky as to get pregnant by accident though.

My last one was a total accident...the others were planned :qt:

Top Bottom