Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

building confidence back up

SisterTales

I love weight lifting, but I'm at a point where I've regained all the weight I've lost and I haven't lifted since August '18. After going through a bit of a rough spot in life, I'm getting things back together, including my confidence. I'm nervous to join a new gym and I don't feel my time at my last gym was super-awesome.

If you were in my shoes, with confidence a little low and at a place where you've pressed restart on life, would you use the next challenge to

- do a bodyweight workout at home and get back into the schedule and gain strength to go to the gym
- just go to the gym

I've had patches like that as well, and for me I chose going to the gym since I'm more likely to be disciplined about it. That said, yes it can feel a bit uncomfortable if you are worried about what other people are thinking about you, but I just try to roll with an "I don't give a f@$%" attitude and worry about taking care of me. Easier said than done I know, but it's worth a try.

I love weight lifting, but I'm at a point where I've regained all the weight I've lost and I haven't lifted since August '18. After going through a bit of a rough spot in life, I'm getting things back together, including my confidence. I'm nervous to join a new gym and I don't feel my time at my last gym was super-awesome.

If you were in my shoes, with confidence a little low and at a place where you've pressed restart on life, would you use the next challenge to

- do a bodyweight workout at home and get back into the schedule and gain strength to go to the gym
- just go to the gym

It doesn't need to be

women especially are always intimidated going to the gym and i don't blame them. men stare and stalk women in there all the time it is so damn pathetic. everytime i bring a girl with me she complains that guys are staring at here and all that.

i would recommend finding a gym that doesn't have douchebags. a good gym environment is important

women especially are always intimidated going to the gym and i don't blame them. men stare and stalk women in there all the time it is so damn pathetic. everytime i bring a girl with me she complains that guys are staring at here and all that.

i would recommend finding a gym that doesn't have douchebags. a good gym environment is important
Ha I know what you mean. A lot of the gym bros show up to take selfies and check out ladies working out. My girlfriend and I always go together and she is very into powerlifting, so it is fun to watch the gym bros looks of shame when they watch the little 5 foot tall woman start repping sell more than they max on lifts

In my health journey, I’ve hit a similar low. Being a mom it was never the right time and honestly i put it off. Until recently I didn’t do shit about it.

It is uncomfortable going to the gym at first but I think the idea of getting yourself out and there is huge! But I also love the idea of home workouts! Those are super convenient and wonderful for starting back up.

I knew I had to join a gym because if I stuck with the home workouts I would not do them. And so far it’s worked!

You’ve got this :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom