Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

BuffaloGal's Log

buffalogal said:
First test is over: Went out to eat, ordered the healthiest choice on the menu and drank absolutely no alcohol even at the bar. I just cannot figure out why people are so against you when you try to eat healthy!! Anyone ever heard of moral support rather than make you feel like a wierdo?? I have a feeling my going out days are going to become very limited if I keep having to explain my new eating habits to people who don't want to hear it. :evil:

Totals: 1581 cals (42% protein, 29% carbs, 30% fat)
**This is the best I can come up with for eating out.

Good job girl!!

Just remember tho: until you are actually ON a competition diet - you can have 1 glass of wine out........That said if you can keep it to ONE glass..... if you can't then just don't have ANY.....but one glass of wine is actually very healthy for you....

OH and keep an eye out for that Bacardi Island Breeze - it is only 18% alcohol & 48 cals a shot - 1/2 of the usual alcohol. There are alternatives to higher calorie drinks - the thing is limiting how many you drink.

What I wish was more bars/restaurants would carry DIET ginger ale or Diet Sprite/7UP cuz then you could make like you were going to the Ladies & have them make you your "usual" of Diet GA + a small splash of cranberry + a lime wedge --> so it looks like a cocktail but isn't!! That way your friends think you're drinking when you're not......

But I understand how you feel!! It'd be nice if people could be more supportive than they are.... :rolleyes:

Good job girl!!

Just remember tho: until you are actually ON a competition diet - you can have 1 glass of wine out........That said if you can keep it to ONE glass..... if you can't then just don't have ANY.....but one glass of wine is actually very healthy for you....

OH and keep an eye out for that Bacardi Island Breeze - it is only 18% alcohol & 48 cals a shot - 1/2 of the usual alcohol. There are alternatives to higher calorie drinks - the thing is limiting how many you drink.

What I wish was more bars/restaurants would carry DIET ginger ale or Diet Sprite/7UP cuz then you could make like you were going to the Ladies & have them make you your "usual" of Diet GA + a small splash of cranberry + a lime wedge --> so it looks like a cocktail but isn't!! That way your friends think you're drinking when you're not......

But I understand how you feel!! It'd be nice if people could be more supportive than they are....

Thanks for the advice Jen. My problem is that I can't stand wine - never have and probably never will. I always go for the large 22oz beer - and once I have one I'll have another. Best to stay away from it entirely. I hadn't thought of other drinks like the ginger ale. I'll have to try that next time. If not, I'll look for other alternatives as far as the alcohol goes.

I'm finding though that the longer I go, the less I want anything like that. I'm starting now to crave things like raspberries in my oatmeal or grilled turkey burgers rather than my usual pizza and french fries. It's such a complete turn-around for me that I have a hard time explaining it to myself, let alone someone else.

But the ice cream tomorrow for my reward meal is a different story. I can taste it already... :chomp:

8:30 am: 1 Glucorell-R

Meal 1: 8:50 am
1 Multi-vitamin
1 potassium supp
2 T-Rex
Whole wheat english muffin
2 T natty PB
17 oz water

Workout: Bis/Tris

Inc Curl
Hammer Curl
Single-arm Preacher Curl
High Cable Curl
Seated Dips
Pressdowns
Kickbacks

Can't believe how much more muscle I can see, mostly as a result of eating healthy. Unbelievable!

Meal 2
: PWO Protein Shake

Meal 3: 11:30 am

2 oz grilled chix
1 stalk celery
15 raspberries
17 oz water

Added in some raspberries so I wouldn't take my 2nd T-Rex on an empty stomach - finished out the entire pint.
17 oz water

Meal 4: 4:15 pm

Grilled turkey, lettuce on pita with red wine vinagrette
Zone bar (so I wouldn't crap out during the long training session I was giving at work)
17 oz water

Meal 5: 10 pm

apple
2 T natty PB
Protein Drink

Totals: 1565 cals (37% carbs, 34% protein, 29% fat)

buffalogal said:
Thanks for the advice Jen. My problem is that I can't stand wine - never have and probably never will. I always go for the large 22oz beer - and once I have one I'll have another. Best to stay away from it entirely. I hadn't thought of other drinks like the ginger ale. I'll have to try that next time. If not, I'll look for other alternatives as far as the alcohol goes.

I'm finding though that the longer I go, the less I want anything like that. I'm starting now to crave things like raspberries in my oatmeal or grilled turkey burgers rather than my usual pizza and french fries. It's such a complete turn-around for me that I have a hard time explaining it to myself, let alone someone else.

But the ice cream tomorrow for my reward meal is a different story. I can taste it already... :chomp:

Ah!! Thought there was discussion on wine in there......but I hear ya on having a hard time limiting things - I'm like that too. It's just easier for me not to have any - and the longer I go without - the less I crave things also, so it does get easier.

Just watch the non-diet sodas........ :evil:

And :p :p :p :p Ice Cream!!

Friday, Oct 7th

5:50 am: 1 Glucorell-R

Meal 1: 6:15 am

1 Multi-vitamin
1 potassium supp
2 T-Rex
1/4 c oatmeal with raspberries and 1/4 scoop protein
3 scrambled egg whites
17 oz water

9:30 am: 17 oz water

Meal 2: noon

2 T-Rex
4 oz grilled chix with garlic/herb seasoning
1 stalk celery
2 T natty PB
17 oz water

Meal 3: 2:45 pm

1 oz almonds
17 oz water

Meal 4: 6 pm

13 shrimp
shrimp cocktail sauce
17 oz water

Totals (before cheat meal of ice cream): 914 cals (34% protein, 26% carbs, 40% fat :worried: )

No workout today-puppy is sick. :( Will hit the gym tomorrow.

Saturday, Oct 8

Meal 1: 5:45 am

1 Multi-vitamin
1 potassium supp
2 T-Rex
1/4 c oatmeal w/ 1/4 scoop protein, 20 raspberries
3 scrambled egg whites
17 oz water

3 c coffee w/ 3 T non-fat creamer

Meal 2: 9 am

8 prunes

11:50 am: 1 Glucorell-R

Meal 3: 12:05 pm

2 T-Rex
3.5 oz grilled chix
1/2 c mashed sweet potatoe
17 oz water

Meal 4: 2:30 pm (was starving)

apple
2 T natty PB
17 oz water

Workout: Abs, Shoulders
Hip raises (3x15)
V-ups (3x15)
Ball crunch w/ 10lb plate (3x15)
Oblique crunch on bench (2x10 w/ 30lb DB, 1x10 w/ 35 DB)
Hypers (2x10)
Overhead DB Press (2x10@15lbs - warmup, 1x10@20lbs, 2x10@25lbs)
Single arm lat raise (3x10@10lbs)
Front Raise (1x10@10lbs, 2x10@12lbs)
Bent-over lat raise (1x10@8lbs, 2x10@10lbs)
17 oz water

PWO Protein Drink w/ strawberries, mangoes, pineapple

No cardio - wiped out from work :worried:

Meal 5: 7:15 pm

6 oz lean grilled steak
1/2 c green beans
17 oz water

**Noticed for the first time today that my jeans are starting to fall off. Bummer since these are my favorites, but yea for seeing results!! :)

buffalogal said:
Saturday, Oct 8

**Noticed for the first time today that my jeans are starting to fall off. Bummer since these are my favorites, but yea for seeing results!! :)

Pants dance!!

:elephant: :elephant:

Looks like things are going very well for you congrats! Just remember people will try and stand in they way of your goals. Walk all over them. You are #1 remember that. People will say things that are negative because they are really ashamed of themselves. If you want it bad enough you will definately achieve all your goals! Keep up the good work! And to all the haters tell them they can "KISS YOUR ASS".

Thanks Jen and Bowtech!

:bigkiss:

You're right - people do stand in your way but all I have to do is compare their lifestyle to mine and I know I'm doing the right thing and what's best for me. I just keep reminding myself to look at the person who's actually making the negative comments, then take it for what it's worth! Especially, as they stuff their face with that next candy bar or piece of pizza.

Oh, and Jen - I'd do the pants dance but I don't think they'd stay on... ;)

Saturday, Oct 8

Meal 1: 5:45 am

1 Multi-vitamin
1 potassium supp
2 T-Rex
1/4 c oatmeal w/ 1/4 scoop protein, 20 raspberries
3 scrambled egg whites
17 oz water

3 c coffee w/ 3 T non-fat creamer

Meal 2: 9 am

8 prunes

11:50 am: 1 Glucorell-R

Meal 3: 12:05 pm

2 T-Rex
3.5 oz grilled chix
1/2 c mashed sweet potatoe
17 oz water

Meal 4: 2:30 pm (was starving)

apple
2 T natty PB
17 oz water

Workout: Abs, Shoulders
Hip raises (3x15)
V-ups (3x15)
Ball crunch w/ 10lb plate (3x15)
Oblique crunch on bench (2x10 w/ 30lb DB, 1x10 w/ 35 DB)
Hypers (2x10)
Overhead DB Press (2x10@15lbs - warmup, 1x10@20lbs, 2x10@25lbs)
Single arm lat raise (3x10@10lbs)
Front Raise (1x10@10lbs, 2x10@12lbs)
Bent-over lat raise (1x10@8lbs, 2x10@10lbs)
17 oz water

PWO Protein Drink w/ strawberries, mangoes, pineapple

No cardio - wiped out from work

Meal 5: 7:15 pm

6 oz lean grilled steak
1/2 c green beans
17 oz water

**Noticed for the first time today that my jeans are starting to fall off. Bummer since these are my favorites, but yea for seeing results!!

Will be drinking Protein drink before bed to up the protein intake a tad.

Totals: 1639 cals (39% protein, 39% carbs, 22% fat)

Reminder to self to place order at AF Store ASAP!

Top Bottom