Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Boosting Immune System?

Daisy_Girl

Plat Hero
Platinum
Any ideas? I already take a multi-Vit and add'l Vit C.

With my 61 kindergarten students and Baby Daisy in daycare .... I am a walking Petri Dish. HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!

Zinc? How much?
I think MuscleMom mentioned Elderberry Tea? Or something like that?

Thoughts? Ideas? Comments? Bueller? Bueller?

Did you ever try that Airborne?? It was developed by a teacher.....

Ok I'm WITH you Daisy Girl! I'm feeling something coming on myself and all the kids/staff at school are getting sick. I don't want to be sick for the Arnold!

* I take 1 zinc tablet a day with my vitamins at lunchtime. It's not friendly on an empty stomach, and whatever you do, don't take more than one a day. I was sick last year once and took two a day and overdosed on it and I was sickkkkkkkk. :sick:

* Airborne is great but it's more prevention than anything else. You're supposed to take it when you feel something coming on or you are entering a high risk place like an airplane or our CLASSROOMS during cold/flu season. I have a sore throat and woozy head today... so I just dropped a tablet of that. It's an effervescent tablet and I just drink it with 4 oz of water; no biggie. They make it generic brand too, by the way.

* Last -- ZICAM. Oh man, I love Zicam. It's great for when you feel the onset of a cold and it's supposed to "shorten your cold" which I always thought was total bull, but it's great. A little pricier than the Airborne, but I use both. I don't take chances around these snot rags all day long! Zicam is a nasal spray/gel; drop in each side of the nose and hold 30 seconds at least. Real easy, nothing crazy. About $8. The name-brand Airborne is about $6 and the generic was $3 or $4.

Hope that helps. You are now armed -- and I always find that cardio and showers help me to sweat/breathe it out faster. :whatever:

I hate being sick. :worried:

Vitamin A & Zinc
Vitamin D
Vitamin C with bioflavenoids
Garlic supplements (sorry, guess that one won't work - unless you can get odorless)
Wash your hands like crazy (but you already knew that . . :heart: )

Good luck!

Airbourne WORKS!!

Zinc - 20 mg per dose...3-4 doses per day

Vit C - 500 mg 3x

I've taken Airborne when I feel a cold coming on - and it never stops it from coming. :( I really am a walking Petri Dish. If you guys only saw how much snot/coughing/sneezing I deal with on a daily basis - with 61 5 year olds running around. It is FOUL.

But maybe if I take Airborne PREVENTIVELY it will help. Take 1-2 tablets a day as a preventative measure? Maybe 1 AM and 1 PM?

I will also pick up some Zinc this weekend. I know I need to add that in with my Multi-Vit/Vit C routine.

Gcovery aka Glutamine peptides. Omega sells them, so there should be a link somewhere around here. I think in the Amplify02 sticky at the Anabolic board. Fantastic product for the immune system.

Instead of taking Vit C, take Ester-C instead. Vit C is man made vit c, Ester c is the natural form. Works for me!
CoQ10 also boosts the immune system as does L-Glutamine

Last edited:
Top Bottom