Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Boosting Immune System?

c3salonikaangelgr said:
Gcovery aka Glutamine peptides. Omega sells them, so there should be a link somewhere around here. I think in the Amplify02 sticky at the Anabolic board. Fantastic product for the immune system.
Does it have a bitter taste?

"G-covery must be Blended or Dry Skaken with Richly Flavored Items or Protein Powder"

*Bunny* said:

"G-covery must be Blended or Dry Skaken with Richly Flavored Items or Protein Powder"

no.
its just mildly Earthy and is a Potent additive to Shakes.
And who cares its too powerful NOT to use.

OMEGA said:
no.
its just mildly Earthy and is a Potent additive to Shakes.
And who cares its too powerful NOT to use.
I for one am all about the benefits of Glut Peptides ... I also remember alot of people did not like the taste of EnerG, which in case you forgot, I did not mind it all. So, who cares? I for one do.

Thank you for the reply.

*Bunny* said:
EnerG, which in case you forgot, I did not mind it all. So, who cares? I for one do.

Thank you for the reply.

and you do read clearly that is says that it taste mildly earthy on the site and on threads.

you don't mind or you care which one is it?

OMEGA said:
and you do read clearly that is says that it taste mildly earthy on the site and on threads.

you don't mind or you care which one is it?
lol, forgive me for not knowing what mildly earthy tastes like ... my only other comparision would be a previous product of yours that I did enjoy.

I never even heard of the G-covery until I read c3's suggestion.

SO, I suppose my question is, does it taste like the EnerG did? My old tub of that doesn't look so hot, thus being tossed... looking for another replacement

I will give you a freebie, all you have to do is ask:)

It was never a main stream product( and never will be), it has always been a "niche" item yet so very powerful we view it as "taking your medicine" :)

Daisy_Girl said:
Any ideas? I already take a multi-Vit and add'l Vit C.

With my 61 kindergarten students and Baby Daisy in daycare .... I am a walking Petri Dish. HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!

Zinc? How much?
I think MuscleMom mentioned Elderberry Tea? Or something like that?

Thoughts? Ideas? Comments? Bueller? Bueller?
Astragalus membranaceus
Adaptogen
Cardiovascular protective
Liver protective
Boosts the immune system
Increases energy

Cranberry (Vaccinium macrocarpon) is a small berry from a North American shrub that is typically available as a juice.
Antioxidants
Improves symptoms of urinary tract infections
Boosts immune system
Possibly cardioprotective

L-Theanine L-theanine is found naturally in tea.
Induces relaxation
Lowers anxiety
Possibly boosts immune system

Lemon Balm ( Melissa officinalis) is an herb native to the Mediterranean and parts of Europe. Lemon balm extracts have been been demonstrated both anecdotally and through research to be helpful in a variety of conditions.

Promotes relaxation
Promotes sleep
Improves quality of sleep
Relieves symptoms of heartburn
Relieves symptoms of colic-like abdominal pain
Relieves symptoms of hyperthyroidism resulting from Grave’s disease
Possibly improves viral infection
Possibly improves memory in Alzheimer’s disease

Selenium- is an essential trace mineral with antioxidant properties. Since selenium is an anti-oxidant, it may be most effective when combined with other anit-oxidants, such as vitamin E, vitamin C, and beta carotene. When combined with vitamin C, however, selenium absorption is decreased.

Selenium deficiency
Antioxidant
Eye Health
Cancer preventative
Arthritis preventative
Immune system booster

Vitamin E =DL-alpha-tocopherol is a synthetic form of the fat soluble antioxidant, vitamin E. Vitamin E actually represents a class of antioxidants that have a similar structure and activity to d-alpha-tocopherol, the most active member of this class. Good sources of vitamin E compounds include wheat germ, almonds, peanuts, walnuts, corn and soybean oil, green leafy vegetables. Vitamin E’s main function in the body is as an antioxidant, protecting cells from oxidative damage caused by free radicals. Free radicals occur regularly in the body during normal body function and metabolism, and especially during exposure to toxins, such as cigarette smoke. Vitamin E may protect against circulatory disease, skin and joint disorders, damaging LDL cholesterol, boost immune function, improve memory, and may extend lifespan, and combat the deleterious effects of smoking. Vitamin E works in synergy with other antioxidants, having a combined effect when paired with vitamin C and beta carotene, to name a couple. Vitamin E additionally assists in the production of red blood cells, as well as helping to activate selenium, vitamin A and vitamin K.

Vitamin E deficiency is rare, occurring most often in individuals suffering from metabolic diseases impairing fat absorption. Vitamin E deficiency can cause neurological damage, increased risk of cardiovascular disease and certain cancers. The most common sign of vitamin E deficiency is hemolytic anemia, which involves premature destruction of red blood cells.

Vitamin E deficiency
Antioxidant
Immune system booster
Cancer preventative
Cardiovascular disease

http://www.customcapsule.com/index.html

I wrote the following on the AAS board like a month ago...probably forgot a few, but like I stated in the thread, I was bored and just wrote it up in like 5 minutes:)
----------------

I'm bored so I thought i'd throw out some stuff that may help during the flu/cold season that we are currently in the middle of. Here is a list of supplements, etc, that I have compiled from over the years from different members and boards.

1.) Get enough Sleep and Rest.
2.) Wash your hands frequently.
3.) Get proper nutrients of food for nourishment and repair.
4.) Get a yearly flu shot.
5.) 1-2 gallons H20 per day.
6.) Go to MD and find out if sickness is Viral or a bacterial infection.

Supplements: (In no particular order)

1.) Black Elderberry (Sambucal)
2.) r-ALA
3.) Olive Leaf Extract
4.) Arabinogalactin (Larch Leaf Ectract)
5.) Astralagus
6.) Beta Glucans
7.) Grapeseed Extract (OPC)
8.) EQuipoise (EPO is best)
9.) Zinc
10.) Vit E and C
11.) Multi-Vitamin
12.) Folic Acid
13.) Glutamine
14.) Whey protein
15.) Green Tea Extract
16.) Airborne

For dosing of most of the herbal extracts, be sure to find a quality company with the highest standardized amount possible. Also, for dosing, most will have directions on the bottle of how to take. There will usually be a low-high range (ex...3-5 caps/pills, 2x/d, etc) of dosing stated on the bottle. For the most part, dosing for PREVENTATIVE measures, you can follow the recommended dosages, and probably at the low end of dosing. For CURATIVE measures, take the high end of dosing, and for some, upping it to 2-3 times that amount, 'may' be beneficial for recovery.

Give it a try and let us know how it worked for you

BMJ

*Bunny* said:

C3 loves the taste of it with ice, skim milk, and two scoops of chocolate whey. He drinks around three of those a day!

Now for my opinion and I'm not gonna lie girl, lol. It does have an earthy taste to it. But if I mix it in strong flavored shakes (wild strawberry, dutch chocolate, insert anything super strong here!) then I can *barely* taste it.

My hubby (C3) ex had leukemia and he was desperate to try anything to save her after the relapse. From experimental drugs at the time like gleevec (when it was in trial stages) to things like Rala. The gleevec made her so sick that she stopped taking it without telling him. She felt she would have rather died than go on living the type of life that drug provided.

A miracle happened, her counts started getting better. My husband didn't know about the gleevec but he was willing to try things to help boost her immune and her chances. So he takes her in to a home gym to do things like deadlifts and squats, gives her Gplenish (which is now Gcovery), rala and makes her eat lots of good food and drink green tea cup after cup.

She goes in for her monthly bone marrow biopsy and one day the counts were just better. Not a little, A LOT. And they kept getting better. They got so much better that they even took her iv tube out of her chest (in case of emergency medical treatment) and started doing the biopsy every three months instead. They were stunned and this is one of the top hospitals for cancer in the US.

Eventually my husband found out about the gleevec and although was very upset at what might have happened, he did understand that choice. Until this day though all three of us will swear up and down it was the workouts along with the Gcovery and rala that saved her. The doctors said without the gleevec she was good as gone. To my knowledge she still takes the peptides till this day.

I know after reading some of your threads with along my hubby that you went through something very similiar. I know you take the rala but I would seriously look into the Gcovery. Even for me, I use it daily and love it. I usually get strep throat at least two to three times each winter, not once this year. My only supplement change is the Gcovery. Now I better go knock on wood, lol! Anyway, I hope this post was of some help to you girl and I just want to say keep doing what you are doing!

Top Bottom