Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

bodygem

cindylou

Fancy
EF VIP
There is an health studio in my area offering these BMR measurements ; I was wondering what anyone thought about this ?

Has anyone tried it?

35$ to measure, I thought that was pretty cheap........

I'd me more concerned with getting an accurate body fat reading than Basal Metabolic Rate.

What exactly does the $35 cover?

*Bunny* said:
I'd me more concerned with getting an accurate body fat reading than Basal Metabolic Rate.

What exactly does the $35 cover?

Why is that?

Just the measurement I think........ they did not really say........

I bought one of those Accumeasure bf calipers; how accurate would you say that would be for me? DOes my BMR not matter?

cindylou said:
Why is that?

Just the measurement I think........ they did not really say........

I bought one of those Accumeasure bf calipers; how accurate would you say that would be for me? DOes my BMR not matter?
IMO not for $35 when you can figure it out within a few hundred calories.

Aren't you trying to lose bodyfat? Why wouldn't you want an accurate way to measure that? esp for $35.

I have the Accumeasure ones too. They are gathering dust. Only because I have access to having my BF measured for free at my gym. Others use it for tracking. I'm sure they can answer. They are better than a scale :)

yeah I see what you are saying....I used to have the Digital Calipers but you had to measure three spots and my readings were so wildly different; i just did not trust it; then I bought the OMRON and that was kinda a joke..... I sold them all on ebay and bought the Accumeasure. It only has one test spot.

I think i can have ti measured for free at my gym; but when I go to the gym they are never there yet. Just the guy working the counter. I really need to do it myself; that way it gets done! LOL.

Okay I wont get that done then!

cindylou said:
yeah I see what you are saying....I used to have the Digital Calipers but you had to measure three spots and my readings were so wildly different; i just did not trust it; then I bought the OMRON and that was kinda a joke..... I sold them all on ebay and bought the Accumeasure. It only has one test spot.

I think i can have ti measured for free at my gym; but when I go to the gym they are never there yet. Just the guy working the counter. I really need to do it myself; that way it gets done! LOL.

Okay I wont get that done then!
Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu that is great! Some gyms charge for a body comp! DO IT DO IT. Like when you get wildly crazy #'s.. it could depend on so many factors.

At my gym the 1st time the girl did it, she said we usually do 3 sites for women & 7 for men .. I said "I'm taking no less than 7, 11 if you can figure it out :)" lol...

If you want to do it girl, & they offer more than one measurement for tracking purposes then by all means go for it :)

Nothing better IMo then the mirror, pics, clothes fit, tape measurements and good ole pinch :) :D

I just might; though I will use Accumeasure to track progress in between. I have not gotten it yet; hopefully I will get it tomorrow.

So you think that the more sites the more accurate the reading? I dunno if that would matter to me as I'm still around 20-23 ish. (again thats a guess ish)I dont need a 7 site yet anyway. LOL.

thx for your help - i'd give karma but its blue for some reason; which makes me think my karma wont matter anyway.....

cindylou said:
I just might; though I will use Accumeasure to track progress in between. I have not gotten it yet; hopefully I will get it tomorrow.

So you think that the more sites the more accurate the reading? I dunno if that would matter to me as I'm still around 20-23 ish. (again thats a guess ish)I dont need a 7 site yet anyway. LOL.

thx for your help - i'd give karma but its blue for some reason; which makes me think my karma wont matter anyway.....
3 was plenty when I started. When I dropped to low teens, for me, I went for more pinches for better accuracy. :)

As long as you approve the post the K is positive. :) Little messages are nice :D

Top Bottom