x
Almost there! Please complete this form and click the button below to gain instant access.
EliteFitness.com FREE Email Series: How You Can Use Winstrol, Masteron, HGH, and Testosterone for a Perfect, Muscular Physique!
- -
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe.
- -

bodygem

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about bodygem within the Women's Fitness (Female Bodybuilding and Training) category.

Excerpt: There is an health studio in my area offering these BMR measurements ; I was wondering what anyone thought about this ? Has anyone tried it? 35$ to measure, I thought that was pretty cheap........

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

Thread: bodygem

Fancy

bodygem

There is an health studio in my area offering these BMR measurements ; I was wondering what anyone thought about this ?

Has anyone tried it?

35$ to measure, I thought that was pretty cheap........

Fancy

Re: bodygem

Da Pope

I'd me more concerned with getting an accurate body fat reading than Basal Metabolic Rate.

What exactly does the $35 cover?

Fancy

Quote Quote posted by *Bunny*
    I'd me more concerned with getting an accurate body fat reading than Basal Metabolic Rate.

What exactly does the $35 cover?

Why is that?

Just the measurement I think........ they did not really say........

I bought one of those Accumeasure bf calipers; how accurate would you say that would be for me? DOes my BMR not matter?

Da Pope

Quote Quote posted by cindylou
    Why is that?

Just the measurement I think........ they did not really say........

I bought one of those Accumeasure bf calipers; how accurate would you say that would be for me? DOes my BMR not matter?
    IMO not for $35 when you can figure it out within a few hundred calories.

Aren't you trying to lose bodyfat? Why wouldn't you want an accurate way to measure that? esp for $35.

I have the Accumeasure ones too. They are gathering dust. Only because I have access to having my BF measured for free at my gym. Others use it for tracking. I'm sure they can answer. They are better than a scale

Fancy

yeah I see what you are saying....I used to have the Digital Calipers but you had to measure three spots and my readings were so wildly different; i just did not trust it; then I bought the OMRON and that was kinda a joke..... I sold them all on ebay and bought the Accumeasure. It only has one test spot.

I think i can have ti measured for free at my gym; but when I go to the gym they are never there yet. Just the guy working the counter. I really need to do it myself; that way it gets done! LOL.

Okay I wont get that done then!

Da Pope

yeah I see what you are saying....I used to have the Digital Calipers but you had to measure three spots and my readings were so wildly different; i just did not trust it; then I bought the OMRON and that was kinda a joke..... I sold them all on ebay and bought the Accumeasure. It only has one test spot.

I think i can have ti measured for free at my gym; but when I go to the gym they are never there yet. Just the guy working the counter. I really need to do it myself; that way it gets done! LOL.

Okay I wont get that done then!
    Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu that is great! Some gyms charge for a body comp! DO IT DO IT. Like when you get wildly crazy #'s.. it could depend on so many factors.

At my gym the 1st time the girl did it, she said we usually do 3 sites for women & 7 for men .. I said "I'm taking no less than 7, 11 if you can figure it out " lol...

If you want to do it girl, & they offer more than one measurement for tracking purposes then by all means go for it

Nothing better IMo then the mirror, pics, clothes fit, tape measurements and good ole pinch

Fancy

I just might; though I will use Accumeasure to track progress in between. I have not gotten it yet; hopefully I will get it tomorrow.

So you think that the more sites the more accurate the reading? I dunno if that would matter to me as I'm still around 20-23 ish. (again thats a guess ish)I dont need a 7 site yet anyway. LOL.

thx for your help - i'd give karma but its blue for some reason; which makes me think my karma wont matter anyway.....

Da Pope

I just might; though I will use Accumeasure to track progress in between. I have not gotten it yet; hopefully I will get it tomorrow.

So you think that the more sites the more accurate the reading? I dunno if that would matter to me as I'm still around 20-23 ish. (again thats a guess ish)I dont need a 7 site yet anyway. LOL.

thx for your help - i'd give karma but its blue for some reason; which makes me think my karma wont matter anyway.....
    3 was plenty when I started. When I dropped to low teens, for me, I went for more pinches for better accuracy.

As long as you approve the post the K is positive. Little messages are nice

Fancy

You must spread some Karma around before giving it to *Bunny* again.