Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Body Fat Testing

SuperBug

I'm hoping that you all have some good suggestions...

I called around to the 3 health clubs in my area and asked about having my body fat tested. Two told me they would not do it for a non-member, one told me they would only do it after I took the tour of the gym (and got the sales pitch), which I'm not interested in doing, especially if I want to monitor my progess monthly.

One of the places recommended calling Jenny Craig because he thought they did it, but all they have is the bodyfat scale that you stand on...additionally, she started ginving me the Jenny Craig pitch while we were on the phone....sheesh...

do any of you guys have thoughts on where I could find someone consistent, reliable, and inexpensive (up to $10 each time would be fine)??

invest in a tantia scale (under 100 dollars i think).... its not the most accurate measurement, but it'll definately work to track changes... (it uses the bioelectrical impedence standards to calculate bf)... (it's basically the same thing that Jenny craig has....)

other ideas are to ask universities in the area... They often have the bod pod or underwater weighing, but i'm not sure what they go for on average per weighing, maybe more than $10...

basically if you are using it to track progress then any method (even calipers if you learn to use them properly) should be good... if you want a dead, bang on number each time... go with the bod pod/underwater weighing...

scale

I just ordered a fat/mass scale too. I can't think of the brand name off the top of my head, but I'll let you know when it shows up. I figure that even if it isn't too accurate, at least I can track the trends. Mine cost about 70 bucks. Anyone have any experience with these things?

Wyst

I looked at the Tanita scales and read the reviews...the ones that seem best are the ones they call their "top of the line"....of those, the most affordable is $159.99...

I found a store in my area that has it, so I can look at it in person and not have to pay shipping if I decide to buy it....

do any of you have experiences with one of these scales, regarding accuracy, reliability, etc?

Top Bottom