Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Body Fat, Belly Fat

wannaBsexy

Hello! Don't know if anyone remembers me, but I posted here some over the months, and lurk a lot. Anyway, I am still full speed ahead with my fitness journey. I don't get to they gym nearly as much as I'd like to. Usually about 3 days that goes like two days on, two days off, one day on (I go when my ex has my daughter). So anyway, I've lost 40 lbs so far, and am getting more trim, but my belly fat is so damn stubborn. How do I get rid of that crap? I do sit ups and ab excersise with weights everytime I'm in the gym. Usually 3sets of 10/12. I read somewhere that you have to get your body fat % down before your stomach will flatten, is that true? If so, how do you lower your body fat...what is a good diet for that? I don't even know my body fat, but I think it's probably close to 30 or something? I'm 5'5" 132lbs.

wannaBsexy said:
Hello! Don't know if anyone remembers me, but I posted here some over the months, and lurk a lot. Anyway, I am still full speed ahead with my fitness journey. I don't get to they gym nearly as much as I'd like to. Usually about 3 days that goes like two days on, two days off, one day on (I go when my ex has my daughter). So anyway, I've lost 40 lbs so far, and am getting more trim, but my belly fat is so damn stubborn. How do I get rid of that crap? I do sit ups and ab excersise with weights everytime I'm in the gym. Usually 3sets of 10/12. I read somewhere that you have to get your body fat % down before your stomach will flatten, is that true? If so, how do you lower your body fat...what is a good diet for that? I don't even know my body fat, but I think it's probably close to 30 or something? I'm 5'5" 132lbs.

Varies from body to body - some hold in their bellies others butt/thigh area till the end.

You should go get your body fat tested - you really need to make sure you're not becoming a smaller version of your former self. You want to lose fat and gain muscle so you really need to track your body fat to see if you're going in the right direction.

Don't be afraid - what goes up can come down and look how well you're doing.

Post up what you have been eating and when - it is important - I'm sorry you'll have a lot people chimming in once you do.

Most women tend to hold more bodyfat in the midsection area - estrogen driven - in addition to whatever happens to be the tendency of your body. So when you are dropping bodyfat you lose it proportionally across your body - you may see that your upper body is getting cut "faster" than mid section or lower body- because you have smaller concentration of fat cells in your upper body - therefore if you lose 5% bodyfat it will be more apparent where there are fewer cells.

Couple basic things - you can't "spot reduce" - i.e all the ab work in the world will not "cut you up" - it has more to do w/ your diet and getting rid of the bodyfat that is covering the muscles. So just keep doing what you are doing.

Like vel said - get your bodyfat measured so you can have it quantified and know specifically what you are dealing w/. Also remember that its not all about "dropping fat" - bodyfat ratio is the ratio of body fat to lean muscle mass -that means when you increase your lean muscle mass you can make the ratio drop. They both go iinto what makes you "how you look ".

Also if you've lost 40 lb your skin may need a little more time to tighten up as well - it all takes time and your body can only go at the rate it can go.

I'm having that same problem to Sass and Vel and my diet is pretty strict.

Fruit (varies from morning to morning) all organic: Banana, green apples, cherries, watermelon or kiwi. usually 3 of these and 2 scrambled eggs.

mid morn snack: 4 or 5 teaspoon scoop of a vanilla granola almond and organic coconut mix.

workout during my lunch: I have a gatorade

after workout I'll drink a musclemilk protein shake or I'll drink one by worldwide pure protein.

lunch: mostly some sort of salad with lots of different green leafy veggies.

Mid afternoon snack: sometimes the granola mixture or a lara or go lean bar.

Dinner: another salad.

before usually nothing because my salad has me so full. Plus I drink a lot of water.

Bodynowtight said:
I'm having that same problem to Sass and Vel and my diet is pretty strict.

Fruit (varies from morning to morning) all organic: Banana, green apples, cherries, watermelon or kiwi. usually 3 of these and 2 scrambled eggs.

mid morn snack: 4 or 5 teaspoon scoop of a vanilla granola almond and organic coconut mix.

workout during my lunch: I have a gatorade

after workout I'll drink a musclemilk protein shake or I'll drink one by worldwide pure protein.

lunch: mostly some sort of salad with lots of different green leafy veggies.

Mid afternoon snack: sometimes the granola mixture or a lara or go lean bar.

Dinner: another salad.

before usually nothing because my salad has me so full. Plus I drink a lot of water.

At quick glance I'd say your sugar is too high (GI/GL), I'd bag the granola and the lean bar (keep for emergency food) and you need more protein.

Breakfast - lower the fruit quanity you could do 1/2 - 1 green apple (eat the other half with 6 almonds as a snack), if you are stalling bad lose the banana or at most 1 small or half a medium large one, 4-5 strawberries.

For lunch you could have a very large salad with chicken, turkey, beans, hard boilded egg, through some fun stuff in there cucumber, radishes, mushrooms if you like them, green beans, spinach and romaine lettuce - eat half, wait 2-3 hours and eat the other half.

I'm not sure you need the gatorade and the PWO shake.

These are just some basic comments - no one can really give you advice without knowing more about you, your food intake, training and stats.

:)

Vel - Let me see if I can help out a little more.

I workout 3x per week full body workout with a trainer. I do cardio 3x a weeks HIIT for 20 min.

My meal portions are small because I am on Byetta, which is an injection for diabetic that helps with weightloss. Byetta reduces my appetite considerably to the point where if I eat over a small portion I feel like I have to throw up.

The protein shakes are to supplement my protein intake because I need more protein and I don't get a lot because there are a lot of foods with protein that I just don't like to eat. I only eat meat with salads and most of the time that's chicken or ham or seafood shrimp, salmon or crab. Don't like beans, turkey, ground beef or most fish. I know strange, but I am a real picky eater.

Bodynowtight said:
Vel - Let me see if I can help out a little more.

I workout 3x per week full body workout with a trainer. I do cardio 3x a weeks HIIT for 20 min.

My meal portions are small because I am on Byetta, which is an injection for diabetic that helps with weightloss. Byetta reduces my appetite considerably to the point where if I eat over a small portion I feel like I have to throw up.

The protein shakes are to supplement my protein intake because I need more protein and I don't get a lot because there are a lot of foods with protein that I just don't like to eat. I only eat meat with salads and most of the time that's chicken or ham or seafood shrimp, salmon or crab. Don't like beans, turkey, ground beef or most fish. I know strange, but I am a real picky eater.

GOT IT!

:)

I'm actually familiar with Byetta.

Sorry, I didn't realize you ate a protein with your salads - that's awesome.

I'll PM you.

Top Bottom