Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Best Birthcontrol Pill for NO weight gain

ConanX

Banned
Hello ladies,

My girl wants to get on the pill and we are wondering what is the best one for no weight gain. She has used 2 different types already and both times resulted in her gaining a substantial amount of weight with no diet/exercise change.

She is an athlete and trains/diets hard. She needs to get on the pill but she does not want the water weight/bloat/fat gain of the pill though.

Thanks a lot

Hello ladies,

My girl wants to get on the pill and we are wondering what is the best one for no weight gain. She has used 2 different types already and both times resulted in her gaining a substantial amount of weight with no diet/exercise change.

She is an athlete and trains/diets hard. She needs to get on the pill but she does not want the water weight/bloat/fat gain of the pill though.

Thanks a lot

She is just going to have to keep trying diffrent pills tell one works for her that is really the only way to find a pill like that. The only BC I have every used with minimal sides is the copper-t iud only issue I ever had with it is cramping when I have my period is more intense.

I would recommend speaking with her doctor about a "low dose estrogen pill" around 20 mcgm. I personally like Yasmin but it is an older brand and a new "Yaz" has taken its place (although I did not like it). Her doctor should be able to advise her. -Side note: Yasmin and Yaz cause Potassium levels to raise so if she has kidney or liver problems this would not be ideal. Again, her doctor can recommend something that will work for her.

Remember that the pill CANNOT cause fat gain. They can make you more hungry resulting in increased calorie consumption but mainly weight gain from the pill is from water only - which can be handled through diet. Either way it can be frustrating!

More importantly she needs to find something that works with her current hormone level and her doctor should be able to assist with that. If not, find a new one.

I'm sure some other ladies will chime in too - from what I have seen in previous posts, many on EF have way more experience than I. I've been on Yasmin for almost 20 years - LOL.

I wish her the best - AND, have her come on in and join us here on EF!

About the only thing I can think of would be the IUD as well. (Not the mirena)

Everything else is fully loaded with synthetic hormones which with then in turn give her all of the sides that she does not want. Not every pill is the same, however it seems to me that she is very sensitive towards them as far as side effects.

I would recommend speaking with her doctor about a "low dose estrogen pill" around 20 mcgm. I personally like Yasmin but it is an older brand and a new "Yaz" has taken its place (although I did not like it). Her doctor should be able to advise her. -Side note: Yasmin and Yaz cause Potassium levels to raise so if she has kidney or liver problems this would not be ideal. Again, her doctor can recommend something that will work for her.

Remember that the pill CANNOT cause fat gain. They can make you more hungry resulting in increased calorie consumption but mainly weight gain from the pill is from water only - which can be handled through diet. Either way it can be frustrating!

More importantly she needs to find something that works with her current hormone level and her doctor should be able to assist with that. If not, find a new one.

I'm sure some other ladies will chime in too - from what I have seen in previous posts, many on EF have way more experience than I. I've been on Yasmin for almost 20 years - LOL.

I wish her the best - AND, have her come on in and join us here on EF!

I did not gain much weight at all from Yaz, it was awesome. Only side that I had was 1 week prior to my sugar pills I turned into an emotional mess an a monster. I also got physically sick during that time frame, every month faithfully.

Other than that the sides were limited.

I did not gain much weight at all from Yaz, it was awesome. Only side that I had was 1 week prior to my sugar pills I turned into an emotional mess an a monster. I also got physically sick during that time frame, every month faithfully.

Other than that the sides were limited.
LOL - that might be my problem. 20 years of it ;-(

I spoke with my doc honestly after I had my baby and he told me that they all can do that - and so I chose to stay off bc. He said his wife did the same thing. I dont suggest this unless you are married tho lol

I didnt have weight gain with yaz, but couldnt LOSE weight either.

went through a few more brands of pills before I finally went with the copper IUD

I went with paragard after another board members urging because I was considering mirena.

honestly, my first period after paragard was an effin river...it was truly shocking.

hopefully the next period isnt as bad, but honestly? if thats tthe only side effect, I'll take it. Also coming off birth control pills seemed wacky for about two weeks.

I didnt have weight gain with yaz, but couldnt LOSE weight either.

went through a few more brands of pills before I finally went with the copper IUD

I went with paragard after another board members urging because I was considering mirena.

honestly, my first period after paragard was an effin river...it was truly shocking.

hopefully the next period isnt as bad, but honestly? if thats tthe only side effect, I'll take it. Also coming off birth control pills seemed wacky for about two weeks.
My periods are like that too but they are not long like 2-3 days.

I have been on Yasmin for two years, no side effects really. Used to have a period for 5 days or so with medium flow, now its more like 3-4 days and pretty much non-existent.
The only weight I gained was in my boobs, no complaints here.
Alesse turned me into a CRAZY woman, don't recommend that one at all.
I am considering the copper T now, don't want the hormones anymore.

Top Bottom