Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Best Birthcontrol Pill for NO weight gain

Finding the right pill for your particular body/ system is an arduous task & turns into an endless journey. Everyone's body reacts differently to a specific brand of pill. You can take 20 women, give them the same pill & they will all have varying degrees of positive & negative side effects. I tried quite a few, before finding the right one for me, which is Ortho-tri-cyclen. My system runs better on a higher does of hormones. I have always been that way. I have tried to take pills with lower does of hormones & I end up with many negative side effects. For example, I tried Ortho-tri-cyclen Lo & had shortness of breath, heart palpitations, major cramps & was hot & cold a lot. I then switched to regular Ortho-tri-cyclen, with the heavier dose of hormones & my body felt 100% normal.

I also tried Yasmin in the past & had the same side effects on that pill, as I had on Ortho-tri-cyclen Lo. For those who aren't familiar with both those pills, they both provide the body with a lower dose of hormones. My Gyne realized that I do better on a higher hormone pill, then lower hormone pill. Most people I know are the reverse & do better on a pill with lower hormones. In the end, it is all about trial & error. As for the weight gain, I didn't have any weight gain on any of them. However, I don't gain weight easy, so I am not an accurate example.

From what I have heard, it is not the actual pill that makes you gain weight. Whenever, you introduce hormones into your system, the addition of the hormones &/or the change of hormones in your system will cause hunger & overeating. That causes the weight gain. In addition, many women will start to gain a lot of weight when they get off of the pill. The change in hormones often causes hunger & I have heard, even slightly alters the metabolism. I don't know if that is true, it is just something I've heard. I know that weight gain is common though, when coming off of the pill.

Hello ladies,

My girl wants to get on the pill and we are wondering what is the best one for no weight gain. She has used 2 different types already and both times resulted in her gaining a substantial amount of weight with no diet/exercise change.

She is an athlete and trains/diets hard. She needs to get on the pill but she does not want the water weight/bloat/fat gain of the pill though.

Thanks a lot
Some people just can't take BC pills. I had the same problem, plus I spiralled into a very deep depression. A woman's hormone balance can be a touchy thing.

I had an IUD put in after I had my son. They didn't like to do that to women who've never had kids but maybe they've changed the rules.

Thanks a lot! You guys refreshed my memory. Yaz is what she was using at the lowest dose and she saw instant weight gain with it. I will definitely research the Copper IUD and see if that makes sense for her. Thank you.

Top Bottom