Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Best advice for losing belly fat?

WishfulThinking

Hi again... thanks to everyone who helped in my introductory thread about my diet and such. My motivation is sticking this time, and I'm pleased with my progress so far. My only real annoyance right now is what has always plagued me for my whole life: the flab on my stomach! If I suck it in it's not so bad, but I wonder what approach is best for flattening it out. For the last three-four years I've worn size 11-13 jeans, if that gives you any indication.

From what I understand, you can do a million sit ups a day, and it's not going to eliminate belly fat. It'll just tone the muscles... under the fat. Would it not make sense for me to eat less saturated fats (and even less carbs that I'm trying to eat right now, since carbs turn into sugar which is stored as fat, right?)?

Every time I lift, regardless of if I'm doing upper or lower body, I do abs. (As in "ab machine." I do 10 reps of 60, 70, and then 80 pounds.) Always. I don't do any additional things like crunches or anything, but every once in a while I do some bicycle crunches or crunches on an exercise ball.

So what's my best solution? Eating, working out abs more, or the perfect combination of both?

Hi again... thanks to everyone who helped in my introductory thread about my diet and such. My motivation is sticking this time, and I'm pleased with my progress so far. My only real annoyance right now is what has always plagued me for my whole life: the flab on my stomach! If I suck it in it's not so bad, but I wonder what approach is best for flattening it out. For the last three-four years I've worn size 11-13 jeans, if that gives you any indication.

From what I understand, you can do a million sit ups a day, and it's not going to eliminate belly fat. It'll just tone the muscles... under the fat. Would it not make sense for me to eat less saturated fats (and even less carbs that I'm trying to eat right now, since carbs turn into sugar which is stored as fat, right?)?

Every time I lift, regardless of if I'm doing upper or lower body, I do abs. (As in "ab machine." I do 10 reps of 60, 70, and then 80 pounds.) Always. I don't do any additional things like crunches or anything, but every once in a while I do some bicycle crunches or crunches on an exercise ball.

So what's my best solution? Eating, working out abs more, or the perfect combination of both?

DIET! that's the only thing will make your abs flat and toned. I'm not sure if I gave you suggestions on nutrition. If I have, then follow it and it will come. Regardless of how many sit ups or crunches you do, without proper nutrition you won't see results. In addition, you don't need to do abs everyday.

I suggest at the most twice per week. Like I said, is not about how creative you can be with new abs exercises, it's about your diet.

We all have a our problem area's that is typically the last place where your fat comes off you just need to stick with it and know that you will see them eventually it is just going to take some time.

I agree with everyone it is all diet. I also lose fat there last.
I have also found that going really low on carbs is counterproductive. I have to eat complex carbs to really lean out.
For women you must eat complex carbs and quality fat. If you do not your body will up its estrogen production and that means it will do everything to hold onto your stomach fat.

I supplement CLA into my diet. But you need to take it for a couple of months before you see any results, and like other said - diet is key to the stomach area.

Yup diet. No such thing as spot reduction. Diet will do more then anything else you can do to reduce body fat. Of course adding in cardio never hurts. Best to do cardio on empty stomach first thing in the morning or almost as good is right after workout.

Diet is key! And cardio to help rev metabolism and burn the fat. Once I get both of these in order, I like to include a fat burner. This past summer I tried the stack by NeedtoBuildMuscle "Alpha Princess" stack. Highly recommend the forged burner. This provided an edge for me.

I found that just by avoiding processed foods helps to get rid of bellyfat for me.....even when I'm not doing much cardio, and just building and eating....i still won't gain any tummy fat if I keep my diet clean.

Top Bottom