Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Been gone for a long long time, getting back into it, please help.

Diablo's Xstasy

Hey everyone...
I've been gone from the boards for a while and from training for a while and now I'm finally getting back into it, Thank god. :angel:
Well here's my dilemma, being as my boyfriend is male he's not much help to me in what I should and should not be eating or what training regiment I should have.
I have been on a diet for two months and it hasn't done much for me. I have not been working out though and Im hoping thats the reason otherwise I think I have to change my diet.
Well here we go: I am female, 5'1 and honestly 144lbs, last time I did my bodyfat, months ago, it was about 29% not over 32% I believe. So you know I got the wonderful chunky butt syndrome going on. My goal: I don't care about how much I weigh, but 120lbs would be nice although I do know muscle weighs 7x more then fat. I want to be about 20% or so bodyfat. I just honestly want to look good.
Also, I only have half a thyroid and two parathyroids left, I had a precancerous tumor taken out when I was 9, now I am almost 22. Two weeks ago I went back on my medicine even though the doctor said my levels are fine. The reasoning for taking synthroid even though my levels are supposedly "fine?" Because i have all the symptons of hypothyroidism without the test saying that I do and also, in an attempt to possibly take over some of the functioning from my throid because they did not remove the whole tumor and this may keep it in remission. I'm currently taking 100mcg of Synthroid, which is T4 as you guys should know.
Okay this is really long already so I'll go through my diet and the training regiment Im going to start either today or tomorrow. I got this diet out of prevention magazine. I modified it to meet my needs and expense. It was a part of a collection of diets for people who binge on certain foods- this ones the sweetaholics diet.
To let you know I don't eat protien powder, eggs, or turkey, they all dont sit well in my stomach and makes me literally sick.

Diet:

Meal one 7:30am
8oz Calcium enriched OJ with a scoop of metamucil.
1 Thomas' Cin.Raisen Eng. Muffin
1/4 cup fat free ricotta cheese.

Meal totals(not including Metamucil):
Cal Carb Fat Protien
290 56 1 16

Meal two 10am
1 medium Granny Smith apple
8oz water

Meal Totals(approx):
Cal Carb Fat Protien
80 21 0 0

Meal three 12:30pm
2 Slices Light italian bread
2 tablespoons reduced fat peanut butter
1 tablespoon all natural fruit jam
1 cup cottage cheese
8oz water

Meal Totals:
Cal Carb Fat Protien
490 41 19 46

Meal four 3pm
1 Columbo light yogurt
8oz water

Meal Totals:
Cal Carb Fat Protien
120 21 0 7

Meal five 5:30pm
1 can chunk light tuna
1/2 tblspn light mayo
8oz water

Meal Totals:
Cal Carb Fat Protien
160 0.5 3.5 30

Meal six 8:30pm
4oz Lean Chicken breast
1oz Cheddar Cheese
1 cup brocoli or aspargus or green beans
8oz water
1 scoop metamucil

Meal Totals(not including metamucil):
Cal Carb Fat Protien
278.33 4 11.33 42.33

Approx. Total:
Cal Carb Fat Protien
1418.33 143.5 34.83 141.33

Okay my training will be as follows:

Monday

Abdominal
Hanging leg raises
Crunches
Side Crunches

Shoulders
Shoulder Press Dumb Bell
Front Raises D.B.
Side Raises D.B.
Lateral Raise Cable
Reverse Fly Machine

Cardiovascular
Treadmill 15 min warm up
Orbital/Crosstrainer 45min

Tuesday
Legs
Hamstrings
Squats dumbbell
Leg Press
Lunges
Quadriceps
Seated leg curl
Laying leg curl
Calves
Seated Calf Raise
Seated Calf Push
Hips
Hip Adductors
Hip Abductors
Glutes
Butt Blaster

No Cardio

Wednesday
Rest or Catch up on day missed

Cardiovascular
Treadmill 60min

Thursday

Abdominal
Hanging leg raises
Crunches
Side Crunches

Back
Upper
Pull down to back
Pull down to front
Seated row
Pullovers
Lower
Hyperextensions
Back Extension

Biceps
Preacher Bench
D.B. One arm
Hammer curls

Cardiovascular
Orbital/cross trainer 45minutes
Bike 15 minutes

Friday

Chest
Incline Fly’s
Incline Press
Flat press
Decline press
Flat Fly’s

Triceps
Skull crunches
Dips
Push downs

Cardiovascular

Orbital/cross trainer 30minutes
Bike 30 minutes

Alrighty there you go. Sorry this was so long, I feel bad for making you guys read so much. And if you guys want I'll post a few before pics. And Im sorry if I dont know the correct names of the exercises or machines, but i tried as best as I could. And all the reps would be 15 at 3 sets for each exercise.

Thank you again!;) This really means a lot to me if you took your time to read and comment.

This is just a quick thought--have you asked your Dr. about Cytomel--T3? When you exercise your body needs to convert T4 to T3, but in those of us with impaired thyroid function, it doesn't do this very well. I really didn't have enough energy to really feel good until I had a fit at the Dr.'s and got Cytomel. I'm not a fan of people using it for weight loss, but for those of us with icky thyroids, it's very helpful.

Alos, you know there's a big stink with the FDA and the makers of Synthroid. It's been proven to not be stable, so one batch is good and another is lousy. If you're fine on it, well and good, but I did better when I switched to Levoxyl. Here's a link to a very good thryoid site:

http://thyroid.about.com/health/thyroid/

Otherwise, I think your exercise schedule looks good. With food, the conventional wisdom on the board is to make suer you eat enough, but I think thyroid sufferers lose better with a fairly restricted caloric intake. I go between 1500 to 1800 cals a day (but I'm quite a bit older than you, too.) I also upped my cardio and that made the fat come off.

You can definitely get back to where you were or even better.It's hard at first, and as you build muscle, you'll seem bigger, but then the fat loss will kick in. Hang in there!

Thanks

Thanks for the information... I'll have to look into Cytomel and get an appointment with my doctor to take me off of synthroid... Im definately going to be researching this today...

Do you know any good sites off of the top of your head to inform me about the t3 and t4 difference?

If not dont worry Im a gopher I can find just about anything on the net.

Thanks again

In your diet I would cut out the english muffin, cheese, italian bread and jam..try natural peanutbutter instead of regular. You need to eat more protein...more meat, like chicken, tuna, turkey breasts, fish and lean meat. Eat oatmeal, yams, rice, potatoes and tons of veggies for your carb sources. You want to keep your saturated fats low and your essential fats higher, like flax oil, olive oil, natural peanutbutter etc. Drink tons of water and try cardio in the AM on an empty stomach. Diet is key to losing bodyfat:)

MEALS 1: Isn't too bad, I don't know the nutritional value for Ricotta cheese though. This should be the second largest carb meal on workout days, and the biggest on non-weight training days.

MEAL #2: An apple is not a complete meal. Either add some protein and moderate fat, or just get rid of this meal. You may benefit from eating only 5 meals instead of 6, then you could add the apple to your last meal for the benefits of the slow digesting fructose within the apple. It will help keep protein transportation up while asleep at night.

Meal #3: Move this meal to #2. I don't know the nutitional content of the "italian bread" but it may not be the best choice. The peanut butter shoul;d be the "all-natural" kind of peanut butter because it is not as hydrogenated (bad). The jam and cottage cheese are fine.

MEAL #3: Actually you may be able to get away with this meal as your #2 meal. You may want to add a little more protein to it, or maybe a tablespoon or 2 of natural peanut butter.

MEAL #4: Add some kind of fibrous vegetable to your tuna and mayo. Any kind will do.

MEAL #5: Looks great!!! Add the apple like I mentioned earlier.

At 29% bodyfat, you will have to lose around ~18 pounds of fat to reach 20%. You should have no problems doing this as long as your not eating over your maintenance calories (burning off more than you are consuming).

At 20% fat you should weigh somewhere around 126 pounds. At 10 X's this weight, this would be 1260 calories for the day. At 12 times this weight it would be 1512 calories for the day. At 14 times this weight, this would be 1764 calories for the day. Personally, I might go more for the 12 X your bodyweight and add or subtract calories from there as you monitor your progress. Your 1418 looks pretty good, just add or subtract calories from that.
YOU DID A GREAT JOB AT GIVING US INFO!!! Wish everyone gave a quarter of the amount of info you did. Are you the one that was having boyfriend problems when you used to be on here? I remember your handle name.
Drink at least 85 ounces of water! (~10.5 cups).
I would like to hear more opinions from everyone on the T3 suggestion. This is the area that usually needs to be supplemented when it comes to inefficient thyroid output. My first assumption here is that your doctor is a jackass!!! Especially if T4 did not show any low levels. You need to have him check your T3 levels. His judgement could be totally wrong. It could just be your diet and lack of exercise as of late. If your were eating more than your body could burn off, then Thyroid would have little impact on fat loss. If your diet is in line and T4 is alright still, then my guess is that it is your T3 levels that are screwed up and not T4. HAVE HIM CHECK YOUR CONVERSION OF T4 TO T3!!! The T4 use may make things worse if he is only going on a judgement call and not test results. IGNORANT!!! Tell him that your test levels are low (I know you are a female) and have him give you some testosterone and send it to me......hehehehe. Maybe he'll assume this too. I would like to here more on this from MS and others.
MR. BMJ

lol Thanks for the help

lol boyfriend problems... Doesn't every woman have some type of man problems :D But yeah that was probably me... Still with him too 3 1/2 years now.

Im calling my doctor tomorrow especially after doing a lot of reading and research today, but i probably can't go for a blood test for two or three weeks becuase i only started back up on my synthroid a week ago. I don't know how long it takes to get out of your system, but I know if i go for a test now my levels won't reflect what they really are. Does anyone know how long it takes I havent seen anything in my research except that it takes two to three weeks to become effective.

About adding the apple at night... Should i eat carbs before bedtime?? i thought you weren't supposed to have carbs after 5pm to help loose excess weight.

And all natural peanut butter is just a wee bit too expensive for me, just got laid off from my job and I have to conserve what i can especially when i splurged today and joined the gym. I figured i can forgo a few things for that.

Fat free ricotta cheese has in 1/4 cup:
60 cal 0 fat 5 carbs 10 protien

Light italian Bread 2 slices:
80 Cal 19 carbs 1 fat 4 protien

I'll be making the changes to my diet tomorrow and have 5 meals instead of 6, maybe I'll be less hungry then.

I think thats about it...
Thanks for the help and replys

Top Bottom