Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

BatZGirl, have questions about BFL....

Courtney

BatZGirl-
Hi, I was wondering if you could answer a couple of questions for me. I am currently doing the Body for Life program. I am a recovering anorexic....I have been hospitalized many times in the past 8 years due to it and the BFL program has helped me immensely. I now realize that I can eat and be strong and fit and healthy. I just have a few questions for you. I know that on the BFL program it says to do cardio three days a week for 20 minutes with the intervals, but I have a hard time just sticking with the three times a week. I feel like I should be doing it more. And it is just an dumb false reality b/c I feel that when I workout, if I don't sweat up a storm then I am not really working. And I the logical side knows that it is not true, but the anorexic side thinks...moremoremore. And then, the diet, I am still having problems losing the bodyfat and getting the gap between my thighs that evey girl craves. I follow the diet, except on cardio days I try to eat less carbs, and I drink the myoplex light shakes or eat the myoplex light bars. I don't know if I should do the regular myoplex shakes or stick to the lite ones. I know that if you don't give your body enough calories, then it goes into "storage of the fat mode" as I like to call it. So, I guess all that I am asking is, could you maybe give me a description of your workout(i.e. what exercises you did for each muscle group, and the cardio) and a diet desrciption(whether or not you did the shakes and what type) I would really appreciate any advice. THANKS SO MUCH!!!!

or anyone else who has done the Body For Kife program.....if you could maybe give me some advice I'd appreciate it very much.

Hi Courtney,

Even though I have been working out for over 6 years I am still a newbie. So I'll try my best! :)

First off congratulations. You beat a really awful disease! Good for you honey!!!!

Okay now down to business. I don't know much about BFL. All I know is that when I decided I wanted to get in shape for real this time I did look into it. Then after reading it I was like, hey this is stuff my husband already does. Then I started to realize that there are many ways to get to where you want to be and the best thing to do is to find what works for you. So if BFL is your bag, then good for you!

So here's my story. I gained 40 pounds in roughly 4-6 years. Don't ask me how, cause I don't know. Well I lost 20 of it by doing weight watchers. After that I didn't like the way my body looked cause it was still really flabby and I lost a lot of my strength. So I kissed WW goodbye, started posting on the board and decided to work out with my husband with the same intensity that he does. I haven't lost much weight since April, but my body fat has gone down 2%. And I have firmed up quite a bit. I am also now doing CKD so hopefully I will lose some more body fat!

on to working out! Basically I just do what my husband does.

Bis/tris

3 excercies, 3 sets for each for both body parts

Chest

4 excercies, 3 sets for each

Back

Shoulders

Legs

Squats, Leg press, leg extensions, 2 hamstring excercises and calves.

I also try and do abs whenever possible. I can't really map out my W/O cause it's constantly evolving. I really don't feel yet that I should have the honor of posting advice for anyone, cause I am not even close to where I want to be, but if this helps, then I would be very happy! Take care!!

Thanks alot for your advice. I have looked into the CKD diet and I just don't know if that's for me. For one thing, I just don't think I could force myself to eat that much fat. It's just a mindset thing b/c I know that it has been working for alot of people. Maybe someday I will get the courage to try it, but who knows. Thanks again.
Advice, anyone else..??..??..??
BUMP

"And then, the diet, I am still having problems losing the bodyfat and getting the gap between my thighs that evey girl craves."

My simplistic advice...you'd be even more courageous if you lost that thought. BIG QUADS ARE COOL!

I had been going to the gym forever doing cardio cardio cardio and more cardio. I did cardio til I couldn't stand and hardly lost any weight.

I switched to BFL and lost 30 fat pounds during C1, and gained 5 pounds of lean tissue. I ate clean, lifted with intensity and did the 20 min HIIT three times a week with 10 min more moderate minutes added onto the end.

Sometimes I did extra on the weekends like hiking or biking, but that was for FUN, nothing major.

Give it a chance the way its set up, it works!
:)

So you recommend just doing the recommeded 20 min. of cardio three times per week? What did your snacks look like on the BFL, did you do the MRP's or did you eat food.
I have noticed that I have toned up quite a bit. I am devloping muscle that I never knew existed, but I haven't dropped any pants sizes. It is so frustrating. I just don't understand how I can be getting more toned and look leaner but not drop any sizes. AAHHH!!!
Thanks.
BUMP

Why are you second-guessing a programme that has clearly worked very successfully for thousands of people? Sure, fine, if you're educated enough about fitness and whatnot to tweak the programme yourself, go ahead - that definitely makes for intelligent progess. Following a laid-out programme to the letter when you know enough to play with it doesn't seem advisable, but if you DON'T know, and are simply tweaking it through a scientifically baseless NEED to assuage feelings of guilt, blah de blah, then take yourself in hand and use your incredible willpower and self-control (yes, I know you have that - this is the anorexia trademark) to NOT go overboard on the cardio, and just do the programme as is, OK?

Another thing - review your objectives and goals. WHY are you doing this programme? To be healthy, strong and happy, with self-confidence oozing out of every well-toned pore? Or as another conrol gimmick to bash yourself over the head with? Come on Courtney, you owe yourself big-time. Stop fucking around and do it right. Too much cardio chews up muscle. You can do more cardio later if you need to. For now it sounds like you're making awesome progress.

OK, you're getting more toned and you look leaner, BUT YOU'RE HASSLING ABOUT NOT DROPPING PANTS SIZES???? 'scuse me, but how many times in your life has someone walked up and asked you what your frigging PANTS SIZE is????? NOBODY except you cares - all anyone ELSE sees, assuming they even care, is that you look TONED and LEAN! EYES, baby, not numbers. Throw away your scale while you're about it (yes, I know you get on it every day, and stress).

Sorry, I know I sound rather harsh, but ask anyone here - I'm really a very nice person - just wanna make sure you understand what you're looking for here, OK? Actually - I don't think many girls on this site crave a gap between their legs. Euuuggghh!! I personally think it looks rather sick, and am enjoying immensely the increasing girth and solidness and pure strength of my thighs :) I LOVE when they rub together, all pumped after a heavy squat session - makes me very horny :) heh heh.

About the BFL MRP's - unless you have a very busy lifestyle and cooking or preparing your own meals for 6 a day is just WAAAYY too hard, forget about them. Use the post w/out one if necessary, but the truth is, on a diet - real food is better. It makes you fuller, and I think has a greater thermogenic effect, as I recall from posts here. Just count how many carbs, etc each shake has, and make equivalent meals with cottage cheese and veggies or whatever comes to hand. (that'll save you a bunch of money too - my god those things are expensive!)

And, PLEASE, don't go cutting the calories and upping the cardio - that will send you back to square one. Anyway, if you're putting on muscle, your body needs more calories.

OK, I think I've preached enough now. Congrats on fighting a nasty disease - I hope you keep at the challenge, and hang out enough here to get to the point of wanting bigger thighs and being able to tweak your programme yourself, OK? Good luck :)

Top Bottom