Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Badgergrl's Journal

badgergrl said:
Ramble on girlfriend! :)
I don't really understand why people carb cycle with a gradual slope (ie: high, mod, low, no) Instead of more of a spike slope (ie: high, no). It seems to me that the abrupt switch would be more effective. I dunno. :whatever:
Anybody understand that aspect of it?
During comp prep, I did 3 mod days, 2 no days. I think I did OK with that, but I was only taking one class over the summer. I don't think my head could handle that with a full course load right now. I don't worry so much about physical energy, but gettin' all mushy in the head bothers me.
I carb cycled like that for 8 weeks, and I think that's what really brought me results.
Re:bold.. same page with that!

I def think it's dependant on the person cycling the carbs. I like the mod days b/c the following days w/o SHOULD be HARD so my body welcomes the carbs., Im not doing it to ramp down of sorts, I prefer a shock factor unless my body says "Hey stop that! Feed me!" So I listen.

I am in that stage where I feel I am benefitting from the high carb or even high cal days prior to a workout. My reasoning behind this, and keep in mind this is completely individual and VERY generic info I took from mayo clinic, digestion of food can take up to "24 and 72 hours in healthy individuals. After you eat, it takes about six to eight hours for food to pass through your stomach and small intestine. Food then enters your large intestine (colon) for further digestion and absorption of water. Elimination of undigested food residue through the large intestine usually begins after 24 hours. Complete elimination from the body may take several days."

Without getting study specific & all scientific, I am hoping the energy (which comes from broken down/digested food) will be abundant from the previous days intake, and if not, simple sugars can hype me up, and pwo high GI carbs MAY help spike insulin (usually with Protein) if THAT'S what Im going for. Other times I just eat a REAL FOOD PWO b/c I am starving.:)

We'll see how it works. I do not like limiting my carbs so should be tough.

Yup. I agree that it takes awhile to feel the effects. During my last carb rotation I felt the worst on my first carb up day, after two days of no carbs. It wasn't actually the day of no carbs that I felt bad.
We'll see how it goes...things may need to be modified. For now, I'm doing 5 days no carb. I know I'm nuts. I really feel like I'm holding a ton of water, so I thought it would help with that. Saturday is a carb up. Then, I'll start with the high, low, low rotation. No no carb days this time around.

*Bunny* said:
Re:bold.. same page with that!

I def think it's dependant on the person cycling the carbs. I like the mod days b/c the following days w/o SHOULD be HARD so my body welcomes the carbs., Im not doing it to ramp down of sorts, I prefer a shock factor unless my body says "Hey stop that! Feed me!" So I listen.

I am in that stage where I feel I am benefitting from the high carb or even high cal days prior to a workout. My reasoning behind this...

I am with you here. But - with the choice to carb deplete for five days in a row - or cycling in general - It does take time for me to adjust to this way of eating... It will vary from person to person, 2 weeks or so for me. I will drop water weight, but also less energy than before, esp. if I am coming off anything with refined flour and/or sugar. But after that transition period, your reasoning makes sense to me, too... I like the high carb day on Sunday and then the crazy leg workout on Monday morning. So - feeling the worst on the first carb up day makes sense to me.

Ok, sorry if I jacked here. This is so interesting to me though :)

Last edited:
11/7/06

10:00: 1.5 scoops protein, 1 tbsp anpb
1:30: 3 slices turkey
4:00: veggies, chicken breast, 1 oz nuts
8:00: 5 whites, 2 yolks, 1 oz nuts

9:00 Gym: Back and posterior delts

(didn't record weights)

10 min. warmup on treadmill

3 sets widegrip pulldowns
3 sets cable seated rows
3 sets upright rows
3 sets reverse pecdeck

15min. pwo cardio

10:30: 2 scoops whey
12:00 2 tbsp anpb

Total: 1832
Fat: 84 755 41%
Sat: 16 145 8%
Poly: 16 144 8%
Mono: 40 362 20%
Carbs: 69 230 13%
Fiber: 11 0 0%
Protein: 210 840 46%
Alcohol: 0 0 0%

Last edited:
11/8/06

10AM: 1.5 scoops whey, 1 tbsp anpb
12PM: 1 0z nuts
1:30: veggies, chicken breast
3:30: 1 oz nuts
6:00:4 whites, 1 whole egg
8:30: 3 slices turkey

9:30: Gym: Legs & Abs

10 min. warmup on treadmill

squats: 95x14, 115x12, 95x12
straight-leg dead-lifts:95x12, 115x10, 95x10
lying ham curls: 70x14, 80x12, 60x15

superset...side bends w/db + reverse crunches (3 sets of 20 reps)

10:30: 2 scoops whey
12:00: 2 tbsp anpb

Total: 1628
Fat: 66 591 37%
Sat: 12 108 7%
Poly: 13 119 7%
Mono: 30 274 17%
Carbs: 61 205 13%
Fiber: 10 0 0%
Protein: 205 820 51%
Alcohol: 0 0 0%

Last edited: