Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Badgergrl's Journal

:wavey: I have a question. What do you guys think about my last meal. I never know if I should include carbs here or not. Since I train late at night, I only have one meal before going to bed. I know that most people say have carbs after a workout, but should I do this even before bed?
Also...how many carbs does it take to replace your glycogen storages anyway?

badgergrl said:
:wavey: I have a question. What do you guys think about my last meal. I never know if I should include carbs here or not. Since I train late at night, I only have one meal before going to bed. I know that most people say have carbs after a workout, but should I do this even before bed?
Also...how many carbs does it take to replace your glycogen storages anyway?

I would put in a good fat source there. Like all natural peanut butter or almonds or something like that.

3/21/06

Allrighty! Got to sleep in today.(spring break)...ahhhhhhh
I'm starting regular AM cardio today. So, off I go on an empty stomach to the treadmill.......
11AM: 30 min on incline, slow jog...250 cals burned

12:30: protein shake w/ 2 scoops whey and 1/4 cup of oats
2:30: 1 cup broccoli, lemon pepper tuna pack
5:30: chicken breast, sweet potatoe
8:30PM: 2 orange roughy filets, 1/2 cup brown rice

Back workout 10PM
T bar rows w/ab support...4 sets
seated cable rows..wide grip...3 sets
10 pullups with spot..3 sets
close grip pull-downs...3 sets
low back...3 sets

11PM: protein shake 2 scoops whey in water
12:30AM: 2 tbsp Nat PB

Totals for today:
Cals: 1583
Protein:201
Carbs:120
Fat:30

%p/c/f: 54/28/18

Last edited:
badgergrl said:
Thanks moms! You think it would be good to just throw a tbsp of ANPB in my post workout shake?
I'm not so sure it's a good idea to add Fat to a post workout shake ...

*Bunny* said:
I'm not so sure it's a good idea to add Fat to a post workout shake ...

Really? I make sure I have a fat source with my m5 which is my pwo meal. I was under the assumption I should. Am I totally off base here???? :worried:

momsgettinfit said:
Really? I make sure I have a fat source with my m5 which is my pwo meal. I was under the assumption I should. Am I totally off base here???? :worried:
B/C I cannot specifically think of the correct terms ... here is an explanation I had saved ... everyone has his/her own opinion about PWO CARBS, but keep this in mind ... PWO Protein is a must & fat PWO should be avoided ...

"While your post-workout feeding should be rich protein and carbohydrate, this meal should be fat free. The consumption of essential fats is one of the most overlooked areas of daily nutritional intake but during the post workout period, eating fat can actually decrease the effectiveness of your post-workout beverage. Since fat slows down transit through the stomach, eating fat during the post workout period may slow the digestion and absorption of carbohydrates and proteins.

As your post workout feeding should be designed to promote the most rapid delivery of carbohydrates and protein to your depleted muscles, fats should be avoided during this time. "

Came from this link for references.

I THINK the time frame PWO is when your body is most anabolic and not as resistant to insulin ... so during this time there is potential FOR optimal nutrient uptake in your muscles ... so why bombard it with fat? I need someone to clarify here ...

*Bunny* said:
B/C I cannot specifically think of the correct terms ... here is an explanation I had saved ... everyon ehas her own opinion about PWO CARBS, but keep this in mind ... PWO Protein is a must ...

"While your post-workout feeding should be rich protein and carbohydrate, this meal should be fat free. The consumption of essential fats is one of the most overlooked areas of daily nutritional intake but during the post workout period, eating fat can actually decrease the effectiveness of your post-workout beverage. Since fat slows down transit through the stomach, eating fat during the post workout period may slow the digestion and absorption of carbohydrates and proteins.

As your post workout feeding should be designed to promote the most rapid delivery of carbohydrates and protein to your depleted muscles, fats should be avoided during this time. "

Came from this link for references.

I understand that buttt what about when it's your last meal before bed as well????? Same concept goes or not?

momsgettinfit said:
I understand that buttt what about when it's your last meal before bed as well????? Same concept goes or not?
I added some more detail to the prior post.

If I was in that situation, I would have the shake immediately PWO, wait at least an hour then have some fat before bed.

Simply put ... I would tweak my diet so it was in accordance with my goals ...

Top Bottom