Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Avoiding sweets

cinnamon6

[FONT=&quot]Looking for some ideas and methods when the people around me (at home) aren't on the same page. Sweets seem to be the only snacks at the house. Which brings me to part 2. I keep planning and organizing early morning workouts so my day is off to a good start, but again the household seems to be against me. Well in this case the neighborhood, not the nicest place yet I need to go running as a part of my fitness plan (the legs are not to be skipped.) Any tips or ideas? This is my plateau.[/FONT]

this is a great question and let me answer it simply.

this is why i argue with flexible dieters all the time. when you have a cheat meal you will never stop the cravings for foods, but if you avoid them entirely you will stop craving them.

example: in my college days I would eat a big mac from mcdonalds almost daily.. in my mid 20's i quit junk food entirely and now if i even drive by mcdonalds i want to barf. just like a drug addict or alcoholic you have to simply STOP EATING IT entirely. you cannot have a cheat meal once a week and then expect to not crave it again. fast food companies know this, that is why they are so successful, it is like crack

Unfortunately, you will just have to have strong willpower. This lifestyle isn't easy for anyone really, but you have to rise to the challenge if you want to reap the rewards.

Nobody in my house eats like me and this has been the case since my wife and I have been married (15 years next week). We have a system that works. I have my prepped meals I eat certain days of the week for dinner while the wife and kids eat their meals that doesnt fit my goals. On weekends dinners Friday and Saturday night it's like a refeed. I dont call them cheat meals because it's not cheating. It's a piece of my puzzle that's necessary to meet my goals. We eat together a meal of whatever we want both nights then it's back to business Sunday. Of course if I had 20 or 30 lbs of fat to lose I wouldnt have those meals but I more or less look to maintain and stay single digits year round and this works well for me. You just have to find a system that works that both fits your goals and allows you to live your life without being a slave. It's called balance

Top Bottom