Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Aug 19th-NPC comp....pics included

Oh dang, i'm soooo fired. Ok, seriously...no really this time....pics are being taken tonight. Honestly, I don't know how people do it! There's not enough time in the day to get done everything that needs be.

So, here's my hugeMONGO problemo right now-o......just....JUST got music TODAY......which means I have exactly...*counting filanges*......3....THREE days to get a routine together and I don't have a CLUE what I need to do during this said "routine" for FAME. I read the links but I didn't see the crayons and construction paper version. :(

Miss 24k....am I walking from certain points on the stage? Do I need to figure out real fast how to do a one handed pushup with my leg in the air while smiling and bobbing my head? Um, if so, i quit. :worried:

I didn't see anywhere where's the "required" poses for the routine. Did I miss that?

You guys are all sooo freakin' awesome. I'm on day 8 of no carbs and been running taraxatone through the bod for past 7 days.....down to 87oz of water today. *DRY GULP*

I've got veins popping out in places I didn't know I HAD veins. What up with that?

habitualhealth said:
WAHH??

You better stop stealing pics to post in your avi. *tisk tisk*

bitch please....

LOL

you know I looked this way last year

Girl ... you have 3 days to prep for what girls do in 8-12 weeks?? (re: routines) WOW ... We've come to ... You either do it or you don't ... You either work it or your don't ... You've come this far ... be sure to have fun :) Well wishes & positive vibes your way ... :rose:

I honestly do not know how you are going to put together a routine in 3 days, I've said more than once that Figure with FAME is not like NPC the routine round is a cross between Fitness and bodybuilding, so no you don't have to do any tumbling, but it has to be creative and upbeat, it's not just walking and posing at certain spots on the stage, you must use the whole stage. I wish you the best of luck.

Here is what it says on the website.

FIGURE ROUTINES (1/3 of score)
Each competitor must prepare a 90 second routine (set to music of their choice) designed to display their physique, physical conditioning, personality, posing & creativity.

There are no mandatory components or moves that must included in your routine. The whole idea is to display your physique in the best light to the judges. If you choose to incorporate poses, remember to avoid clenched fists, and only select your best ones. Routines should be creative and entertaining so as to maintain the attention of the judges & the audience.

The routine round is worth a lot of your score (1/3). For this reason it is VERY important that you spend time preparing your routine. Then PRACTICE & PERFECT it! If you need help, please contact us for suggestions of choreographers.

Props/Themes/Costumes:
Props may be used but are not required. Please ensure that if you choose to use props that you are using them effectively as part of your routine. You are not given a higher score if you have a prop, but having a prop could add to the overall entertainment value of your routine if incorporated well. Prop set up & tear down must not take longer than 20 seconds, as this just delays the show for everyone. If you have any large or unusual props such as dry ice, smoke or pyrotechnics, please contact us. Thanks!

Any talent you may have can be incorporated into a figure routine, such as all types of Dance, Martial Arts, Aerobics, Robotics, Yoga, Mime, Jump Rope, Baton...

What the Judges are Judging :
Display of Musculature
The goal here is to show your physique looking its best. To do so you can incorporate some or all of the mandatory poses, &/or you can be creative with how you choose to display the best attributes of your physique.

Creativity/Personality / Entertainment
Are you enjoying performing? Remember to smile and use facial expressions. Keep your routine fun and entertaining. Try to incorporate elements, themes, or music that will make you stand out from others. The judges are still evaluating you on how you handle any fumbles or errors. Oftentimes, if an athlete misses a component the judges won't notice, unless you make it obvious - so if that happens, just keep going and keep smiling!

Confidence & Projection
Try to connect with both the audience and judges - remember you are performing for them! You should also appear to know your routine well, moves should flow flawlessly into the next.

Overall Choreography
Your whole routine should flow smoothly. You should also try to use a large portion of the stage, rather than staying in 1 area only. Make sure to select your music wisely and use your music well. If you used props, were they used effectively? Was your routine enjoyable to watch? Did your routine stand out from the others? Was it well rehearsed?

Demerits:
You can lose points from every judge on the panel (which can greatly impact your score) if you pose using clenched fists (rather than open hands), use music that has profanity, choose outfits that are too revealing, show poor sportsmanship, use flips in your routines, or if you're too striated.

Music
Music selection and recording can make or break your routine. Please make sure to have your music professionally recorded. Do not hand us your only copy of your routine music. Always keep a backup or the original at home. Based on this rule, we will assume all music can be discarded after the event. If you would like it back, it is your responsibility to pick it up after the event right from the DJ.

Important:
If you are competing in more than 1 category, you must bring more than 1 recording - even if your music is the same.. This is very important for the event administrators.

Recordings

Best to burn your routine music to a CD. It sounds much better than a tape recording and it is much easier to navigate. Try to keep quality of the music high as it needs to be played very loud. Ensure there is no background static. Use radio edits (not internet downloads) to ensure the highest quality music. All music should be in audio format, not data format (eg MP3). Test out your music on a regular CD player (NOT a DVD player). If you are burning your cd from your computer, please ensure that it's nothing less than 192 KBPS // 44 KHZ. If using a tape, please make sure to record your music at high quality. Your music should be recorded at the beginning of both sides of the tape. Be sure to start your music immediately after the white strip stops and the black strip appears. This will allow our music operators to just press play and your music will start.

Go Professional:
It's a great asset to use a proper DJ to record your music for so many reasons such as: smoother transitions between songs; no clicks & pops; no silence when joining together different audio parts; volume is kept consistent & accurate; giving you the option to add special effects, accents, climax building; allows you to sync your poses to music; perfect fade ins and fade outs; older music can be remastered to be louder and better enhanced with deeper bass and better detailed highs. If this interests you, please Contact us for suggestions!

Back Up

Bring a back-up copy of your music in case there’s a problem with the original. You should keep the backup with you backstage in case it's required.

Selection
Do not select music that has profanity as this could cause you to lose marks. Do select music that has a fun beat or rhythm that you can work with &/or get a DJ to make rhythm changes. Select music that will help to display your personality & creativity To end your routine, it's best to cut the music off or fade it out. This beats walking off stage while it is still playing, as it leaves the audience feeling your routine was unfinished (unless there's a point to it).

Music Problems
If your routine music skips, starts late, sounds bad, or there is a technical difficulty, please remember that although it is not fun you are still being watched by the judges. Your reaction and how you handle the situation will be noted. Please also note, that any time there is a technical issue, you will be permitted to start your routine over.

Stage Size:

Generally events have a stage no smaller than 24” by 30” wide. Sometimes they are a lot larger. If an event has a smaller stage, it will be specified under that event.

Please note:
Generally all athletes will be able to perform their routine during both the judging and evening shows. However, depending on the total number of athletes, the routine round may be eliminated from the preliminaries &/or limited to only the top 5 in each division (based on the symmetry & posing rounds) for the Finals. Although WNSO would much rather prefer all athletes to be able to perform their routines, sometimes this is not possible due to time restrictions. Thanks for your understanding.

Top Bottom