x
Almost there! Please complete this form and click the button below to gain instant access.
EliteFitness.com FREE Email Series: How You Can Use Winstrol, Masteron, HGH, and Testosterone for a Perfect, Muscular Physique!
- -
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe.
- -

Anyone who is cutting read........

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about Anyone who is cutting read........ within the Women's Fitness (Female Bodybuilding and Training) category.

Excerpt: A general comment on all the blogging going on. I see a LOT of cardio being done(LOL - waiting for sassy). ...while I realize that some cardio might be a "must" for some individuals, I see a lot of overkill, at least imo. SO my question is this:

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Mad Scientist

Re: Anyone who is cutting read........

Quote Quote posted by The Shadow
    Ok next question:

For those using fitday and logging cals.....are you losing what you should be??

Ex - QT should be dropping 3 pounds per week.

Now - knowing that to lose weight:

Cals taken in < Cals burned.
    ^^^That is a fact, regardless of fat burners, gear etc.

Assuming(Im just picking a number here) 2000 cals per day is what one needs to keep the status quo.

Person weighs 200 pounds
    Cals consumed = 2000
    Lets assume that 40 minutes of cardio will burn 15 cals per minute(easy to do)...thats 600 cals per session....this is done 5x per week

Adding in a weights session will burn 200-300 AT MOST.

Lets total things up.......2000 cals - cardio = 1400 cals.

At this rate - the person "should" be dropping a touch over one pound per week.

Now.....I'm betting that you guys hitting the cardio 5x per week or more are NOT hitting the goal...and if you are, get a BF test done to check for LBM loss.

My suggestion.....take the 2000 cals(example) and shave off 600 cals per day......eat 1400-1500 per day and DROP THE CARDIO.

REMEMBER:
    CALS IN < CALS BURNED.

It doesnt matter(for most) if you eat less and do zero cardio.

Total cals are the same.

Excess cardio RAMPS CORTISOL, the most catabolic hormone in the body, and you WILL lose lbm.

SO....for those interested, Think outside the box and give this a try
    Just reposting this (but edited out all the spaces Shadow loves to put in posts! lol) in case anyone missed it.

The Shadow

Quote Quote posted by Gymgurl
    Funny thing is that I have dropped some weight for the first time in 2 years...go figure

Darlin' weight doesnt necessarily mean BF.

Daisy -

...and I thought I was a cardio slacker. lololol Good to know I'm not a total couch potato.

My cals are roughly 1500 - 1700 a day. I lift heavy with very little rest 5 days a week (one body part a day). My job is very physical as well, so I use more cals than most every day. I'm sticking to the 40/30/30 with a higher carb day on Sundays when I know I'm doing some cardio - makes for a good cheat meal day.

I've been slowly but steadily dropping body fat for the past few months without cardio, but have been taking GH every day for 4 months.

The Shadow

Okay but what about those of us who do do that and don't lose

those who do what exactly??

she said "do do".

lololol

The Shadow

[email protected]

I Know I need to eat more vs the amout of exercise I do....but I think it is BS somedays the starvation mode thing....I should be losing something if my cals are low and my workouts are high DAMN IT

...and thus my point about this entire thread.

Excess cardio will KILL FAT LOSS

The Shadow

you need to underatnd that you ARE Running a lot due to training right now.

So - for you - the short-term is to become good at 5ks...not anything else.

Fat loss etc is secondary.

Plug daily activity into FITDAY to see how many cals you are burning...smf lets set the diet AROUND the activity - which is not something I usually do - but this is a different situation

The Shadow

get the activity level for the cals burned and log it in the new thread

Ilk

Quote Quote posted by The Shadow
    You really need a better diet if 12 hours of activity per week isnt getting it done.

what is your scale weight and calorie intake??

Scale weight now is just over 9 stone.. Calorie intake various from 1300 to 1400 some days when I travelling around it can be as less as 1100 or lower

I do try to hit 1300.. I can't leave my house until my 4.30am Cardio is done.. That I'm really strict with but consuming cals is hard with my job.. So I premake all my protein shakes I can have 2/3 a day.. 4/5 chicken breasts etc.. Not much carbs though.. Oat yogurt for example.. That's about it really!

Quote Quote posted by florencia
    I am doing HITT 3 X a week 20/30 minute warm up jog at 6minute/k, or 10k/hr..same thing really..
    Which is a jog...for any runner it would be crawling...LOL..
    I do it at the park which has a slight hilly terrain, watch measures ascent 60 m.
    So I jog then either do Frog leaps for 50 meters, keeping arms crossed on chest, so I will not get a swing from them.
    Recover for 45 secs, and do it again.
    For 20/25 minutes if I can still breathe.

Another day is 20 minute jog, and climb stairs which are 6 sets, (if you can see the stairs there are 4 of the around the water) first round is 1 step at a time, second round is 2 steps at a time third round is 3 steps a a time...I can almost faint...then I do jog back 15 minutes, and do 6 rounds 100 mts.(open stride) to cool down and not have any lactic acid build up.

Third day I do HITT I jog the 20 minute warm up, amd do 6 or 7 sprints for 30 secs, and recover 45.

I have done ocasional 5k walk in park, just not in the mood to stay home or had one pm elliptical session that lasted 20 minutes...Those were done more for sanity than cutting.
    I did go out for a 7.5 run for me! Jog for BF last week and was having the hardest time with self esteem, and breathing LMAO.
    I did golf Friday and had another golf game week before that.

So what do you think?

39.10 years old
    I am 5'4 measured last week.
    120 lbs.
    BF measured with tanita 17%
    Wanted to die...
    Cals 1300 40/30/30 Most of the time

As you know I do not plan on competing, I compete every day with myself and my mirror.
    Vain I know...VERY VAIN!

So...Shadow Am I doing it right?