Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Anyone who is cutting read........

I do 90 min AM cardio 5/6 times a week.. 30/40min isn't enough for me to burn enough BF, doing 90min really is more effective for me... Cardio is my ultimate to lower BF.. 4times a week PM I do weights too.. 45/60min

I guess I'll answer too...

I do 65 min (including the 5 min cool down) 6 days a week. I love my cardio, I love to sweat (and boy do I, I look like a wet dog at the end). I also do alot of strength training.. I am doing so much because I really need it right now. It's also a big mental hurdle and accomplishing this for the first time in my life without procrastinating is empowering. Now maybe I should do things differenly but it's honesly working for me immensely. I feel that if I skipped cardio or alternated on my weights days, then I'd "mentally" feel like I'm stepping backwards in my progress. I dunno, I'm just doing what's working for me now. If I reach a plateau then I'll consult the forum for more ideas. But seeing that 800 calories burned after my hour is a feeling I can't describe.

According to Fitday Im averaging 1200-1400 calories per day. I've yet to get my BF checked cus the trainers are like vultchers (sp?) at my gym and Im scared to show any interest or ask a question without them thinking I need their services.. But I have lost 15 pounds in 10 weeks and average 1-2 pounds weekly, Im loving that, and my measurements are steadily dropping yay! I must be doing something right for now. And I'm not just doing cardio with the mindset thinking thats the only way to lose fat, I am seriously doing weights too and my body is seriously getting hard.. I'm lovin it..

I'm scared of the replys though, cus I keep reading about not doing so much cardio, but I don't want to stop and if it's working for the time being, why stop? ok flame me now haha..

Oh I have to add that I'm doing the cardio first thing when I wake up before my first meal. When I have had to go after I've eaten or later in the day, I do my weight training first then cardio.. but since I got my Yohimburn, I'm making sure I do the cardio first.

Another thing I notcied as I had been doing HITT's in the past with steady state my trips to the chiro are fare less frequent infact I haven't seen him in over 2 months. I don't know if HITT's were the cause of my ham issues but I know they never helped it.

Ok next question:

For those using fitday and logging cals.....are you losing what you should be??

Ex - QT should be dropping 3 pounds per week.

Now - knowing that to lose weight:

Cals taken in < Cals burned.

^^^That is a fact, regardless of fat burners, gear etc.

Assuming(Im just picking a number here) 2000 cals per day is what one needs to keep the status quo.

Person weighs 200 pounds
Cals consumed = 2000
Lets assume that 40 minutes of cardio will burn 15 cals per minute(easy to do)...thats 600 cals per session....this is done 5x per week

Adding in a weights session will burn 200-300 AT MOST.

Lets total things up.......2000 cals - cardio = 1400 cals.

At this rate - the person "should" be dropping a touch over one pound per week.

Now.....I'm betting that you guys hitting the cardio 5x per week or more are NOT hitting the goal...and if you are, get a BF test done to check for LBM loss.

My suggestion.....take the 2000 cals(example) and shave off 600 cals per day......eat 1400-1500 per day and DROP THE CARDIO.

REMEMBER:

CALS IN < CALS BURNED.

It doesnt matter(for most) if you eat less and do zero cardio.

Total cals are the same.

Excess cardio RAMPS CORTISOL, the most catabolic hormone in the body, and you WILL lose lbm.

SO....for those interested, Think outside the box and give this a try

I have lost 10 lbs and bf has dropped 5% in 5 weeks. Started at 174 22% last test was 17% 164 5'6.

Daisy_Girl said:
IMO, HIIT (if done correctly) is very very different than 30-45 min steady state cardio. I believe Shadow is only talking about excess steady state.

Exactly.......

I was looking back through the original Shadow plan.

Do you guys realize how mch progress was done with:

day 1 - 12 minutes HIIT
day 2 - 30-40 steady state
day 3 - 12 minutes HITT

...each week, 1.5 minutes HIIT was added.

Less than 1.5 hours PER WEEK and fat was flying faster than the Sumo World Championships

superqt4u2nv said:
I have lost 10 lbs and bf has dropped 5% in 5 weeks. Started at 174 22% last test was 17% 164 5'6.

Great job.

You did make a comment about being well supplemented(as stated in your log)....and as you stated, you wouldnt be the norm.

Great job though - looks like that might be ZERO lost muscle...so you lost pretty much what you were "supposed" to by the numbers...

superqt4u2nv said:
Another thing I notcied as I had been doing HITT's in the past with steady state my trips to the chiro are fare less frequent infact I haven't seen him in over 2 months. I don't know if HITT's were the cause of my ham issues but I know they never helped it.

What exercise were you doing??

Also - the stair stepper......take pics of the quads.......excess stepper will overtrain the Medialis(tear drop) and it can(and usually does) lose size

I do cardio prob 5 times a week (usually is two or three spin classes and then two days on the step mill one of them doing steady state and one doing drop sets) I believe that I could prob cut out a day or two easy though. But as it stands now, the scale hasn't budged in months but I am down too pant sizes, and had BF done in April at 19% and its now at 15.36%

Top Bottom