Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Anyone who is cutting read........

LOL -- I also hate cardio and tend to only do craploads when I'm approaching contest prep. I generally do 30-45 min until I cant' stand it any more -- probably 4-5 x/week. My goals are a little different these days as well - I'm looking to lose some mass - bodyfat as well as muscle, cals around 17-1800, probably 50:25:25.

superqt4u2nv said:
It is what works for me. I hate cardio with a passion if I thought I could get away with less I would be doing less but to simply maintain I do 30-40 minutes a week 4 times a week. Cutting for me is a whole other animal and I am more "enhanced" than most of the regular posters so lose of muscle is not a concern.

Arent you generating about a DAILY deficit of 1500 or so cals??

I'm cutting and I am striving for about 5 days of 35-45 mins cardio. For me, it's because I'm stuck with thick estrogenic type fat deposits in my lower body and I'm working on body recomposition. I am now eating anywhere between 1300-1550 cals with about a 40/30/30 ratio.

I am doing HITT 3 X a week 20/30 minute warm up jog at 6minute/k, or 10k/hr..same thing really..
Which is a jog...for any runner it would be crawling...LOL..
I do it at the park which has a slight hilly terrain, watch measures ascent 60 m.
So I jog then either do Frog leaps for 50 meters, keeping arms crossed on chest, so I will not get a swing from them.
Recover for 45 secs, and do it again.
For 20/25 minutes if I can still breathe.

Another day is 20 minute jog, and climb stairs
25a6jj7.jpg
which are 6 sets, (if you can see the stairs there are 4 of the around the water) first round is 1 step at a time, second round is 2 steps at a time third round is 3 steps a a time...I can almost faint...then I do jog back 15 minutes, and do 6 rounds 100 mts.(open stride) to cool down and not have any lactic acid build up.

Third day I do HITT I jog the 20 minute warm up, amd do 6 or 7 sprints for 30 secs, and recover 45.

I have done ocasional 5k walk in park, just not in the mood to stay home or had one pm elliptical session that lasted 20 minutes...Those were done more for sanity than cutting.
I did go out for a 7.5 run for me! Jog for BF last week and was having the hardest time with self esteem, and breathing LMAO.
I did golf Friday and had another golf game week before that.

So what do you think?

39.10 years old
I am 5'4 measured last week.
120 lbs.
BF measured with tanita 17%
Wanted to die...
Cals 1300 40/30/30 Most of the time

As you know I do not plan on competing, I compete every day with myself and my mirror.
Vain I know...VERY VAIN!

Last edited:
lololol

I do cardio MAYBE once a week for 45 - 60 minutes. :D Raquetball. I'm a mad, heavy weight lifter, tho. 5 times a week.

Well, I was planning on doing cardio every day but Sunday this week, but since you started this thread, I'm not going to (plus I slept too long to get it in today). :lmao: I'm going to do HIIT twice this week and steady state twice... I want to be able to run 5 miles for no reason other than to be able to say I can do it. That's why I'm doing SS twice. ;) Would that be counterproductive?

IMO, HIIT (if done correctly) is very very different than 30-45 min steady state cardio. I believe Shadow is only talking about excess steady state.

the-short-one said:
lololol

I do cardio MAYBE once a week for 45 - 60 minutes. :D Raquetball. I'm a mad, heavy weight lifter, tho. 5 times a week.
Your job is physical though correct?

HITT is not something I can do on the step mill tried it hurt myself. Step mill is hands down the best thing I have ever done for my legs the progress I am seeing now in my lower body is much faster then last time around.

superqt4u2nv said:
Your job is physical though correct?

HITT is not something I can do on the step mill tried it hurt myself. Step mill is hands down the best thing I have ever done for my legs the progress I am seeing now in my lower body is much faster then last time around.

oi - my job requires lots of physical work. Plus - it's hotter than the hubs of hell here. :D HIIT heat stroke doesn't sound all that appealing.

I make it into the gym (1.5 hour drive each way) once or twice a week. I'll be doing cardio in the nice air conditioning on those days, thankyouverymuch.

Top Bottom