Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Anyone tried Pilates before?

Mariahhh55

[FONT=&quot]Hi guys.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I'm new to all of this so please bear with me if this is a silly answer. I want to lose weight and get strong so for the past month I've been eating mainly paleo and I've started doing free weights at home. Mainly deadlifts, barbell squats, barbell rows and overhead press. I'm keeping the reps low and trying for as much weight as I can - even though it's not much at this stage. I was given a 20 class pass to my local pilates and yoga studio. I've always been keen on the idea of pilates but have never done it before. Will the pilates compliment my weight training or will one counteract the other?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Pilates seems to be high reps of bodyweight poses and exercises so that's where I get confused. Any help would be great. Thanks[/FONT]

I don't think it would be detrimental to add it at all, as long as you are still getting enough rest and recovery.

you should be doing yoga atleast once or twice a week and i recommend hot bikram style yoga which is most effective. very important for body maintenance, flexiblity and mobility

when you weight train you cause a lot of compression, and destroy your mobility. this WILL lead to injuries.

Top Bottom