Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Anyone know how to get OUT of a gym membership??

MandieG

and NOT have to pay the rest of the year??

I'm so p!ssed right now it isn't even funny.....

I booked an appointment with a personal trainer to help me get over this hump...well today he was a NO SHOW.....HE BOOKED my appointment, I PAID for it!!!! UGGGG>.....Then yesturday at the babysitting, the girl there let Aleksander go around in a poopy diaper even though I had wipes and a diaper in the bag!! I'm paying $70 a month for my membership and babysitting plus $60.00 for a personal trainer per session......yesturday's session was suppose to be an hour it was 40 minutes........

So how can I cancel my membership without having to pay for the rest of my year....they don't want my money so I'll find a gym that does!!!!

OUCH! Sounds like you're in a bad situation... I can't really say how to cancel yours...but I will tell you how I canceled mine a couple years back. My friends & I joined Bally's on a "group deal" - I was the primary person on the membership. But what I did, was when I signed on, I gave them a fake SS#, b/c I was afraid I'd end up getting stuck w/ the bill. Later on, I moved out & the roomies weren't going to the gym. I was at a different gym so I had to do something. I told them not to go & they assured me that they weren't! It showed up on my credit report later... I had to put in a few disputes & it was deleted from my report.

The trainer just called me to apologize for forgetting about me....said "It's not in his nature"etc..........Then he said "he doesn't book new clients 2 days in a row, I should have just gone to do my cardio" UGGG.....I'm so pissed right now it isn't even funny....

I lift everyday.......I wanted help on form etc......that's all I wanted......he says because I'm "overweight" I shouldn't be lifting and lifting won't help me with my goals!! WTF!!!!!!! Doesn't lifting get your body into fat burning mode????? HELLO????

I don't know what to do.......I'm working to pay my membership basically.....they don't seem to understand that I goto the gym around my work schedule and my children......It's like I can go there at the flip of a hat, and am a millionaire so I can pay them whatever they want a month!! UGGG....money grabbing SOB's......

OMG! I can't believe he said that... yes you're right... lifting helps to burn fat...wait 'til Daisy hears this one! I say get rid of them & then do your thing, when you reach your goal, go there & say REMEMBER ME?! Then school him on how ya did it!

Now i have to research gyms in my city again....the whole reason I went there was because my husbands work gets a discount....and they have babysitting most of the day.....UGG........convience is not always the best thing I guess.....

Sorry I'm still shaking from being so mad.........I don't think I've ever been this mad before.....

Damn girl, that's a terrible gym. I wanted out of my gym membership once also, and this is how I got out of it. I was taking a business law class, and before I did anything I consulted my teacher, he told me that in Canada they can't lock you into a gym membership, if you want out of it you can cancel it. So I wrote them a letter telling them why I wanted to cancel. Then I called my bank and put a stop payment on the cheques. And that was the end of that, it never showed up on my credit report.

I just cancelled my gym membership & they let me out of it.....no cancel fee or anything.....told them I could no longer afford it cuz I was unemployed (which I am)

Since the trainer didn't show for the session they should refund you your money. Did you pay by check? Can you stop payment on it? Can you complain to who runs the daycare about the neglect? Can you threaten to report them?

How is your membership paid for? Mine was EFT out of my bank account & my bank said I could go in & they would cancel the EFT on their end.....

Good luck..... the trainer sounds like BS to me..... don't lift cuz your "overweight"

Technically I'm overweight but a size 8....duhhhh...it's called "muscles"

I'm definatly going to get my money back for the missed session....I will get a lawyer if I have to, I know only $60.00 but it's the principle that matters...

Going to call the manager tomorrow to see what I can do about the babysitting...there are 2 really good girls there.......this one I just don't trust her now...I have trust issues with my children can you tell??

I dont sign up for any membership deals.I know they are very difficult to get out of.I go to a local independent gym and buy a monthly ticket in cash.this means I dont get stung if I am injured/ill or move away/go on holiday.

MandieG said:
The trainer just called me to apologize for forgetting about me....said "It's not in his nature"etc..........Then he said "he doesn't book new clients 2 days in a row, I should have just gone to do my cardio" UGGG.....I'm so pissed right now it isn't even funny....

I lift everyday.......I wanted help on form etc......that's all I wanted......he says because I'm "overweight" I shouldn't be lifting and lifting won't help me with my goals!! WTF!!!!!!! Doesn't lifting get your body into fat burning mode????? HELLO????

I don't know what to do.......I'm working to pay my membership basically.....they don't seem to understand that I goto the gym around my work schedule and my children......It's like I can go there at the flip of a hat, and am a millionaire so I can pay them whatever they want a month!! UGGG....money grabbing SOB's......

Oh hell no...this bastard does not know what the hell he is talking about...i would definately raise hell...talk to the manager...his manager...and his manager...and if you can't get it resolved and their are other locations that you can go to...I would definately talk to someone at another gym...sometimes that helps...Don't take NO for an answer!!

Top Bottom