Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Anyone have Obese/Overweight parents or grandparents?

Velvett,

Check out my sig!!!

Body,

Thanks for your support. I will get their eventually, even though I feel like I've been saying that forever. My family really doesn't know any better. Perfect example...My mom was redoing her kitchen. For over a month she had no stove and no oven. She did have a working barbecue in the yard. Do you know what my family ate for a whole month straight? Fast food!!!!!! I offered my house. They have a key and we are hardly ever home. It has a brand new kitchen. Then I asked my mom if she was nuts. I said, "you have a grill, right outside. Surely you can do something with it?" Well she didn't take my advice and they still ate fast food. So that's how they are. My dad, thankfully is not over weight at all. My mom on the other hand would rather complain about it then do something about it. I love my dad very much, but sometimes he's so clueless. When I graduated high school, he told me to take some civil service exams because they couldn't afford college. Well you should have seen his eyes when I invited him to my college graduation. I will prove him wrong......one day.

flexygrl said:
Velvett,

Check out my sig!!!

Body,

Thanks for your support. I will get their eventually, even though I feel like I've been saying that forever. My family really doesn't know any better. Perfect example...My mom was redoing her kitchen. For over a month she had no stove and no oven. She did have a working barbecue in the yard. Do you know what my family ate for a whole month straight? Fast food!!!!!! I offered my house. They have a key and we are hardly ever home. It has a brand new kitchen. Then I asked my mom if she was nuts. I said, "you have a grill, right outside. Surely you can do something with it?" Well she didn't take my advice and they still ate fast food. So that's how they are. My dad, thankfully is not over weight at all. My mom on the other hand would rather complain about it then do something about it. I love my dad very much, but sometimes he's so clueless. When I graduated high school, he told me to take some civil service exams because they couldn't afford college. Well you should have seen his eyes when I invited him to my college graduation. I will prove him wrong......one day.

Thats the spirit.

flexygrl said:
Velvett,

Check out my sig!!!

[SNIP]...

I will prove him wrong......one day.

You're so sweet.
:kiss:

Thanks.

And, yes you will.
You will show everyone how strong you really are - even you.

BodyByFinaplix said:
BTW, those who say that one should accept the fact that some of these women can't attain a certain body type should be put in the same category. I was told when I expressed an interest in bodybuilding, by several trainers as well as hardcore people at the gym that I would not be able to attain that look due to my endomorph genetics. 6 months later I did my first show at 4% bodyfat with a 28' waist and veins running through my abes. Flexy tell them to go fuck themselves too (as you can see this is my favorite express to tell people who tell me I can't do something). And make it a goal to prove them wrong and make them eat their words, when you look how you want to look.
So have they all eaten their words yet? Don't you just love to prove people wrong?

As for the neg. family members, the better you all look the worse they look.

spatts said:
For the record, I don't discuss this stuff with family much anymore, because they don't have anything positive to say. That's what my Elite family if for.

...and my "friends" have been reduced in numbers by about 75%.

You find out who's who when you challenge people to unconditional support.
Absolutely. If I had to count on my off-line friends for support, I would have quit and just turned fat or skinny fat with the rest of them.

Elite has been a godsend.

wend said:
"Chocolate cake is what makes you fat." ROFLMAO!

Yeah, that was a good quote. Hey its my carb up day (just started dieting) and I'm eating chocolate brownies right now... at least it isn't that fattening choclate cakes stuff she was talking about....

Seriously though, a cheat day once a week will not kill you, and certainly doesn't seem to inhibit fat lose.

Top Bottom