Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Any of you ladies used Nova for fat reduction?

H

hewlett

just curious if its bad or too many side effects for ladies over 26 of age

Hi hewlett! I don't believe Nolvadex will reduce fat but it is supposed to help prevent deposit of estrogen-related fat (thigh, butt, hips). I talked to my OB GYN about it last year prior to a competition - he said there is very little research about what it does to premenopausal women. I was on birth control at the time so I wondered what would happen with that interaction - basically the birth control no longer controls birth while taken with Nolva and the nolva will actually make you more fertile -- so be very careful if using it while making whoopie. Definitely use an alternative method of bc (e.g. condoms). My doc said why not just go off the bc? So I did. I didn't really notice any difference though. I knew of one woman who was competing and even the nolva didn't help her deal w/ the estrogen-related fat.

I'm not a doc - just relating the info I found while asking the same question. Its a bitch trying to get that last bit of fat off - but be careful about how hard you try.

I'd be interested to hear more about this too. My doc just told me what he know about it - he had never heard of people using nolva for bodybuilding though. Most of the research available is from post-menopausal women as a breast cancer treatment.

The only experience I'm familiar with concerning Nolva, neither an anabolic nor an androgenic, but rather an anti estrogen, is treament of breast cancer & men at the end of a cycle of strong AS to counter effects of increased estrogens, acting as an estrogen agonist.
It is 'reported' that those who already have a very lean appearance will achieve a visibly muscle hardness w/ N. However, after the discontinuance of Nolvadex, a rebound effect can occur- the suddenly free estrogen receptors are now able to absorb the estrogen in the blood.
sounds kinda risky to me- and since I never got feedback from women on it, never wanted to be the guinea pig on this one.
N & the pill are a no-no.

Nolva

Tried it. My results were unremarkable. I've been told that one must be extremely lean already to see any results. Extremely lean meaning 2 weeks pre contest- bodybuilding! I did have some minor rebound after coming off. A bit of H2O here and there, but nothing a few extra sips per day couldn't handle. It is a waste of money for females IMHO. DNP on the other hand...
WW;)

tamoxifen and fat loss

I have a client that is on 40 mg/d since she had some precancerous lumps removed and has family history. She was OK at 20 mg/d but has GAINED weight (fat) and cannot get rid of it at 40 mg/d. Her doc told her this was typical for higher dose long-term tamoxifen use, fat gain, not loss. Since tamoxifen is both and estrogen agonist and antagonist, perhaps the agonist actions become more pronounced at higher doses.

W6

Top Bottom