Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Any women bench press their bodyweight?

150shot

My partner can do hers like 2-3 times. SHe is 5'6'' and about 147. I always tell her this is so good for a woman, but she sometimes thinks its mediocre...but I rarely see any women even benching 135.

not yet.....the operative word is "yet"

Up to 100 lbs free weight -- for 3 sets of 6-8. Haven't tried for 1 rep max....

go jenz!!! yes you can....if you are doing that? 100# @ (3) sets of 6-8.....you bet..

150- thats very good for her....not many women can do that...the average male cannot do his body weight....

150shot said:
My partner can do hers like 2-3 times. SHe is 5'6'' and about 147. I always tell her this is so good for a woman, but she sometimes thinks its mediocre...but I rarely see any women even benching 135.

I had to read this twice...that is awesome...Especially if she is able to pump out 3...does she go all the way down? I'm not doubting her strength, but I even see guys not dropping the weight to their chest and saying they can bench blah blah blah for reps. If she is, that is great.

boscoe...there is a difference between a " Chest Press" and a "Bench Press"...true BB (competitors) will use a CP alot in their routines... a CP will stop the weight at 1/2 or 3/4 range....Real BP (bar to chest) is used for strength conditioning (power-lifters) as well as putting on mass...the CP prevents injuries as the range of motion does not allow the delts to over-stress and keeps the weight on the pectorals at all times...when the CP is performed, the weight is truely controlled the entire time, thus stopping the weight in mid-range and returning it to the start postition...this takes a tremendous amount of effort and will easily exhaust the muscle very quickly....

I see...I wasn't aware of that. I didn't start this exercise until a few months ago, but the only reason I started was to gain mass...as you stated though, I had shoulder trouble and had to switch to a dumbell flat. I don't really think a 1/2 or 3/4 press should be what you state your bench weight at though...do you?

boscoe as far as comp goes, no...you must touch your chest, the REF will say "bench or press" once he has determined the weight is under control and stopped...then you must get a "lock-out" to get a good lift....CP is designed more for BB, and IMO much more suitable for development of the chest muscles....I have far less injuries with this lift...when you start getting heavy and doing reps with it- your ideal for injury to the shoulders as time goes on...you can ask any of the guys and they will most likely tell you they have had substantial injuries from regular bench press in their time under the iron...power-lifters dont do the quanity that BBs do...they lift heavy and few reps-long rest periods- few sets...neurological response training is a big part of what they do....

Top Bottom