Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Any women bench press their bodyweight?

lola, actually narrow = more deltoid...the ROM is increased...wider is easier on the delts-your grip description is very narrow indeed...you may feel it on the lateral head, but should be safer...thats another reason Power Lifters go wide...Raina-whats nifty???

Since we've mentioned plers and bench - I've read that you are supposed to "tuck" your elbows, or keep them "down" and "in" rather than "out". I know this is a dumb question, but what does this mean?

nichole no, not so to speak...the ROM is decreased, thus less distance to push massive amounts of weight-speed is also increased as distance is reduced.

lola- so as not to bench press at a strict 90 degree angle...if you were to take a line from one hand to the other-while on a bench press-your arms and elbows would be perfectly parallel...this will cause alot of stress on the deltoids...by keeping elbows in a more natural state, ie; closer to the body, it is easier on the shoulder region and does not place it in a position for injury..from here the lats will be the drivers off the bottom...however, you dont want to exaggerate this either, by super-imposing arms rubbing on the sides of the body while performing bench press...just take a natural position-experiment with different grip widths and arm placement...one of the biggest mistakes I see in bench press, is the "stance"...lower body should be rock-solid while performing this lift, legs hips,(butt) should be firmly placed on the bench to provide a solid platform...move feet back a little as to tighten up the quads and be centered and balanced before proceeding...you will be amazed at how much weight can be driven up with proper form...sorry for being long winded...

yes.. I can bench my weight (actually more). personally, I think the key was having a spotter- kept my confidence up, never got stuck under a bar again :)

benching is as much mental as physical for women...we dont have the testosterone "kill the f--king weight" attitude like men do...you can tell-- 90% of the women at my gym NEVER bench press & at least 50% squat.

Im very surprised by this thread.

my girlfriend has only been training two years and does 155x2 she weighs 125lbs.

no drugs.. lean as hell.

I figured it was good... but I didnt realize that a bodyweight bench was considered that great.

I guess she just has good genetics..... hmm

I'd be thrilled to be able to do it...though it's going to be challenging, with my stats. Higher weight, and with my long arms, I've got further to carry the weight, too.

I'm still going to do it, but it's going to take me a long time to work up to it.

bench press your bodyweight?

Yes - for most women bench pressing your own bodyweight and more is quite an accomplishment. It was always a goal of mine too and i only achieved this - on the INCLINE bench, after training heavy for 5 years. My problem for many years was one, technique and two, never eating enough/good nutrition to build any muscle. I always try to train mostly incline bench because these are the visible muscles for a woman. Flat bench hurts my shoulders, but i do flat dumbell presses. I just thought chest was more difficult to develop for women - who knows maybe its just mental.

Weights:

Inline Bench 135 x 8-10
Flat Dumbells 60 x 10
Squat 285 x 8-10 (hit 315 x 2...once..LOL)
Deadlift (no partials) 225 x 8-10

Top Bottom