Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Any women bench press their bodyweight?

My training partner weighs about 118 and she uses 35 pound bells for 10 reps or so.

I have seen her hit 135 for 4 as well

BrickGirl said:
I got 185# monday for 1 rep, pause at the bottom, slightly touching the chest. :)

Damn......I am still amazed by those abs.

A woman benching her bodyweight is awesome... shows her hard work.

I don't bench press much (if at all), bothers my shoulder, but I can do 45 db's for ~3x8. Not quite my BW, but getting stronger. :)

PBR said:
150- thats very good for her....not many women can do that...the average male cannot do his body weight....

Thanks PBR- I've told her the same. She constantly turns heads in the gym, but doesnt even notice it....her form good, controlled on the way down, slight touch at the chest then straight up.

She just got 135 on the inclines too last Mon....that was pretty good too. She's a lurker here so I had to post that :D

Brickgirl- 185 thats great!!! thats our next goal.

Damn you girls are strong!!!! Brick- never seen that from any woman....wow.....dasiy- thats a very formidable lift, really...Fit- if you cant its strictly a neuro thing, not muscle strength...

From my experience, a number of women with a solid training background (at least 1 - 2 years) and good genetics should be able to get 135 for 2 - 5 clean reps (full ROM to the chest, no bounce) on a bench press. Most certainly 100 x 6 - 8 or something is wrong with your training, and at least 45 - 50 lb DBs for 8 in flat presses, upper arm to at least neutral.

I train a female with a long history of a hereditary degenerative neuromuscular condition that can handle 35 lb DBs for 8 - 10 flat presses. It can be done.

W6

Top Bottom