Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Any questions/comments on the Shadow Plan.....

florencia said:
Why does it matter for competitors? So I will know... :qt:

I competitor needs EVERY possible edge for fat loss - that means doing cario when it is most optimal

Jacqueline747 said:
If you do cardio Immediately before bed Should you still consume a protein shake with carbs instead of protein and fat meal before bed?
How effective is this diet if you choose to use fruit for most of your carb choices?
AND... why the one body part per day training? I tried this plan and didn't feel like I was getting a very good work out.. especially my arms. When I do an upper body/lower body split through the week I really feel it. Maybe b/c while I do chest I am working my tris as well and back also works the bi's then I do seperate tri and bi exercise.. so I am probably just working them more.
Thanks Shadow!!

If you are JUST doing cardio before bed - you have a couple of choices:

1 - Nothing at all - optimal for fat loss given the time frame for the cardio
2 - A protein fat source, this keeps glycogen stores low but allows for a slower release on protein/fat for later in the night

Carbs are carbs - fruits are simple sugars, all complex carbs get broken down in into simple sugars at some point. I think simple carbs SHOULD be used immediately PWO and first meal of the day.

If you train every bodypart each week - you still get the same overlap as on a multi-bodypart split. ie - tris still gwt worked on chest/delt day. The KEY to making it work is intensity.

I havent seen anyone who can muster the same intensity on a second bodypart as they did for the first one in the workout.

the other secret is to avoid redundant exercises.....

ex:

Flat bench
Flat dumbells

Barbell rows
Seated Rows

...while the IS a slight difference - those exercises work the same plane of the target muscle groups.

Each muslce group has its own ROM(range of motion) and POF(points of flexion) Midrange, stretch and contracted, and should hit at least two of those each workout.

My entire training philosophy is that more isnt better 0 better is better...keep it short, simple, intesnse - get in and get out.

Same with a diet - keep it tight and avoid hours of cardio.

Thats sucks - why do it when there *could* be a better way?

The Shadow said:
I competitor needs EVERY possible edge for fat loss - that means doing cario when it is most optimal
LOL...
I thought we were both talking about the tortillas, and competitors.
I know I am not even near the desired muscle state a fitness competitor should be.
However I would like a constant state of leaness...
Just getting to 15% BF and maintaining it almost year round, would be my "ALADDIN'S LAMP WISH" no world peace or anything of the sort... LMAO...
That is why I asked about the tortillas.
Befor I met you I was bad in my macros...I was 61p/21C/18F...with a 1200 cal intake as average...
I was paranoid about carbs because everytime I had more carbs ( i.e. rice, potato, or bread) I would bloat.
So then life bagan, I met you, I am happier with my body and a bit more lean...
Yet still afraid of some carbs...tortillas is one of them...
Now getting back to acheiving the 15% BF and maintaining???
How doable is it?

And Shadow...I think YOU ARE GREAT... :qt:
Is that Smile I see?

florencia said:
LOL...
I thought we were both talking about the tortillas, and competitors.
I know I am not even near the desired muscle state a fitness competitor should be.
However I would like a constant state of leaness...
Just getting to 15% BF and maintaining it almost year round, would be my "ALADDIN'S LAMP WISH" no world peace or anything of the sort... LMAO...
That is why I asked about the tortillas.
Befor I met you I was bad in my macros...I was 61p/21C/18F...with a 1200 cal intake as average...
I was paranoid about carbs because everytime I had more carbs ( i.e. rice, potato, or bread) I would bloat.
So then life bagan, I met you, I am happier with my body and a bit more lean...
Yet still afraid of some carbs...tortillas is one of them...
Now getting back to acheiving the 15% BF and maintaining???
How doable is it?

And Shadow...I think YOU ARE GREAT... :qt:
Is that Smile I see?

Well..Hello the Shadow.... :qt: I hope you are doing good...
I am almost where I want to be in BF and LBM, just by body perception...
Is the only way to go to be cut, the way you do it for competition? Or is there another way to do it? Like you on your avi, look cut yet not dehydrated etc...

florencia said:
Well..Hello the Shadow.... :qt: I hope you are doing good...
I am almost where I want to be in BF and LBM, just by body perception...
Is the only way to go to be cut, the way you do it for competition? Or is there another way to do it? Like you on your avi, look cut yet not dehydrated etc...

Cut is where lean mass and low body fat coincide.

I was arounf 7-8% in my avi and did NO cardio to acheive that look - NONE.

Just a tight diet and extremely intense workouts.

Competition dieting is the same concept - just more intense and a bit more structured....its about taking it to the next level.

The Shadow said:
Cut is where lean mass and low body fat coincide.

I was arounf 7-8% in my avi and did NO cardio to acheive that look - NONE.

Just a tight diet and extremely intense workouts.

Competition dieting is the same concept - just more intense and a bit more structured....its about taking it to the next level.

Ok then it is tighter diet and will try to add a little more lbs. weight training this week.
Should I cut out the oatmeal ,and change morning carbs to mushrooms and other veggies? Spinach?
Try to make this body a fool?
Thanks!!!

florencia said:
Ok then it is tighter diet and will try to add a little more lbs. weight training this week.
Should I cut out the oatmeal ,and change morning carbs to mushrooms and other veggies? Spinach?
Try to make this body a fool?
Thanks!!!

If you are making progress, leave things as they are.

I am not a fan of switching things up while prgress is still being made.

the swwitch in diet for contests, depending on conditioning, should start 8-12 weeks out

Top Bottom