Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Another man hanging out wit da Women.

Rockaho

I posted this on the diet board but notice that you gals seem to have more answers. I'm currently on a Keto diet and want to start doing some cardio (which I have not been doing). Being in Ketosis should I do a full hour of cardio or will I burn to much muscle. Also, what should my target heart rate be. I'm 30yr. old and weigh 185 lbs. At the end of January I weighed 212 lbs. I don't know what my %bf is but I can still pinch about an inch of fat on my gut. I am thinking that these next 10 lbs. will fall off even quicker with the addition of exercise. I think I've read too much on the subject and got myself confused. Someone please help.

So does that mean that your not gonna help? All I'm asking for is what should my heart rate be and for how long while doing cardio on a low/no carb diet <10 gr./day.

220-your age=max heart rate

max heart rate x whatever % intensity you wish to work at (usually somewhere between 65%to85%) = target heart rate

I'm curious if you do any other exercise like weight training or are you dieting only?

I have been only doing crunches and other ab work. The company I work for has just worked out a deal with a local health club and I'll be able to get a family membership for $120/6mo. So I will be joining and begining my workout hopefully by Monday. At my job I do a lot of walking/stair climbing, also I work in the yard quite a bit, Its a big yard you'd be supprised how much work there is there.

As far as my intensity % that is what I need to know. I hear that doing to much or to intense cardio while on a keto diet will cause a rapid loss of muscle.

Rockaho - you need to think about creating a whole fitness lifestyle for yourself. Doing only dieting isn't going to cut it, neither is just cardio. If you aren't doing any resistance training you are going to lose muscle when you do only cardio/dieting...period. It doesn't matter what intensity you set your cardio at. If you aren't working to build/maintain your muscles you are going to loose it. Talk to one of the trainers at this health club about weight training and cardio and eating right. Research different threads, look into some good strength training books too.

Congrats on your progress so far...now its time to educate yourself more so you can maintain your progress - and create a healthier body!

------------------
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Thats a big 10-4 skydancer. I do plan to mix weight training in with the cardio. Untill I get rid of my gut I will concentrate more on cardio. When I reach my desired waste size I will switch directions and try to bulk and do enough cardio to stay below 10%bf I hope. At least this is my thinking. I have been in Ketosis for 4 weeks now and I'm going to a high protien moderate carb and low fat (except for EFAs') diet for a week or so then back to the keto. Once I get where I'm going I plan to start an Isocaloric diet.

Is this a good to fair plan? or do I need to do something else? :confused:

Top Bottom