Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Anita Ramsey Daily Training Journal

Anita Ramsey Daily Training Journal - 7 wks out = 6/5/09

Friday June 5, 2009 - 7 weeks out till the NPC Masters Nationals

My training today was pretty good considering I spent 8 hours in a vehicle yesterday. I am currently in Phoenix, AZ till this coming Sunday so am training at a different location. Yesterday, once I got into Phoenix I went over to a really great gym - which I will tell you more about in just a bit - & did my 1 hour of cardio, then went back to my hotel room and crashed. Friday I did my first session of cardio right away, then had a meeting after. Once I was done with the meeting I went to Die Hard Gym, which is in Peoria, AZ - North West side of Phoenix. This gym is great - hard core, with lots of powerlifters, bodybuilders & figure competitors. If you are ever in the area you should definately check it out. I found out about this gym this past Feburary when I refed an APF meet there.

Anyway, like I said it is a great gym. I only had one issue while I was there on Friday, which I would like to address for everyone out there - PLEASE DO NOT BE LIKE THIS - IT MAKES YOU LOOK LIKE A FOOL (which is the nicest way I can word this). Ok, to the point... There was another female bodybuilder (who competes on the NPC National Level) there. I had spoke with and interviewed her while I was there in Feb. Well, when I came in on Friday she was there behind the counter. I waved to her & was going to go up and say hello, however, she would not even make any effort to acknowledge me, turned her back to me & said absolutely nothing to me & to top it off walked by me quite a few times still never saying anything. In my opinion this is incredibly rude & makes you out to be a real ....... When a fellow competitor comes into your gym, don't be rude and ignore them, regardless of what your issues may be. Remember, you never know who you may be blowing off - things can & do come back to bite you when you are not cool to people...

On a positive note: the owner was very cool to me. He has a posing room in the back, so I asked if I could use it. He was gracious enough to let me. However, I am not sure that he really knew my background as when I was getting ready to go back he asked me if I knew how to do my manditory poses & he would help if I needed it. Though that was very thoughtfull, if I do not know how to hit my manditorys by now I am in big trouble....

Ok, lets get to work...

Weight Training

BACK & REAR DELTS DAY & CALVS

BACK:

DB Rows:
  • Warmup: 1 set of 60 for 10 reps, 1 set of 85 for 10 reps, 1 set of 100 for 6 reps
  • Work weight: 5 set of 120 for 6 reps - easy weight for me - was not really pushing it that hard...
Pulldowns (wide grip): (superset pulldowns with seated rows)
    • Work weight: 4 sets of 140 for 8 reps
Seated Rows (wide grip): (superset pulldowns with seated rows)
    • Work weight: 4 sets of 100 for 12 reps
REAR DELTS:
Seated pec dec machine:
  • Work weight: 5 sets of 35, 40, 45, 50, 55 for 12 reps

CALVS: (superset)
  • Seated Raises:
    • 5 sets of 135 for 10 reps
  • Standing Raises:
    • 5 sets of 150 for 15 reps
Posing
  • hold each mandatory pose 20 seconds (including "relaxed" poses) for 2 rounds
  • will start choreographing my routine soon. I am using some unique music - it looks like it will be a combo of three different songs - all heavy metal (kinda). I will let you know who once it is complete.
Cardio
  • 2.05 hrs - split into two sessions - 1 session first thing in the am before food 1hr 5min. 2nd session in the evening on empty stomach 1hr. I keep my intensity very low as I have absolutely 0 carbs & sugar in my diet.
Nutrition

5 meals per day. All protein, 1 salad which is only lettuce with vinegar, 1c green vege, 0 carbs, 0 sugar, 0 fats. Then there are the days that I get some fat with my protein which includes, peanut butter & nuts.

My diet does not change from day to day - it is the same thing everyday, with the exception of the use of fats. Some days I get fats & other I do not. That is the only change. My caloric intake is pretty low.

Keep an eye on this thread as I will be updating this journal daily. What you are going to see for the next 7 weeks is how my training will progress up to my show. If any of you have any questions do not hesitate to ask as I will be more than happy to answer.

Also, be sure to check out www.needtobuildmuscle.com I am one of their sponsored atheletes & they have some incredible products you should not miss out on... Thank you needtobuildmuscle.com for your support!

www.anitaramsey.com: Personal site, online training, articles,...
[URL="http://www.needtobuildmuscle.com"]www.needto[/URL]buildmuscle.com: Supplements, articles,...
www.highpeaksbarbellclub.com: High altitude sport training facility, bodybuilding, figure, powerlifting, articles,...
www.christinemarshdesigns.com: Best posing suits out there...

Anita Ramsey Daily Training Journal - 7 wks out = 6/6/09

Saturday June 6, 2009 - 7 weeks out till the NPC Masters Nationals

My training today was good. Did not make it to Die Hard gym today. Instead went to a friend of mines place and trained in their garage. These guys are powerlifters & very cool. It was their squat day and Curtis who came out with me - well it was his bench day. He need to do his training with other powerlifters for spots and what not so that is why we went there & besides - they are a fun group of guys & gals... The gym is nothing special. It has a competition bench, lots of weight plates, a monolift, glute/ham, powerrack and a few db's. All I needed to do was some arm and delt training, so I really needed nothing special for my training.

I met these guys while I was refing at the APF meet this past Feb. The name of their powerlifting team is RIP and they are quite intense. I must say I am very intese when I am powerlifting, but they are really into slapping each other on the face - not gonna fly with me... You can slap me on the back, but the face is not going to help me with my bench at all...

Gotta say I do love bodybuilding, but really miss my powerlifting buddies & powerlifting training & most of all - all the food I get to eat when getting ready for meets. 7 weeks and counting down....

Ok, lets get to work...

Weight Training

LATERAL DELTS, BIS & TRIS DAY

LATERAL DELTS:

Standing lateral raises:
  • Warmup: 1 set of 25 for 10 reps, 1 set of 35 for 6 reps
  • Work weight: 6 set of 40 for 6 reps
BICEPS: (superset with triceps)

Concentration Curls:
  • Warmup: 1 set of 20 for 12 reps
  • Work weight: 6 sets of 30 for 10 reps
TRICEPS: (superset with biceps)

Lying straight bar extensions:
  • Warmup: 1 set of 45 for 15 reps, 1 set of 55 for 10 reps
  • Work weight: 6 sets of 85 for 12-15 reps (I go light with this right now, because I am still recovering from some very severe tendonitis that I acquired from getting ready for my last bench meet).
Posing
  • hold each mandatory pose 20 seconds (including "relaxed" poses) for 2 rounds
  • will start choreographing my routine soon. I am using some unique music - it looks like it will be a combo of three different songs - all heavy metal (kinda). I will let you know who once it is complete.
Cardio
  • 2.05 hrs - split into two sessions - 1 session first thing in the am before food 1hr 5min. 2nd session in the evening on empty stomach 1hr. I keep my intensity very low as I have absolutely 0 carbs & sugar in my diet.
Nutrition

5 meals per day. All protein, 1 salad which is only lettuce with vinegar, 1c green vege, 0 carbs, 0 sugar, 0 fats. Then there are the days that I get some fat with my protein which includes, peanut butter & nuts.

My diet does not change from day to day - it is the same thing everyday, with the exception of the use of fats. Some days I get fats & other I do not. That is the only change. My caloric intake is pretty low.

Keep an eye on this thread as I will be updating this journal daily. What you are going to see for the next 7 weeks is how my training will progress up to my show. If any of you have any questions do not hesitate to ask as I will be more than happy to answer.

Also, be sure to check out www.needtobuildmuscle.com I am one of their sponsored atheletes & they have some incredible products you should not miss out on... Thank you needtobuildmuscle.com for your support!

[URL="http://www.needtobuildmuscle.com/"]www.needto[/URL]buildmuscle.com: Supplements, articles,...
www.highpeaksbarbellclub.com: High altitude sport training facility, bodybuilding, figure, powerlifting, articles,...

Anita Ramsey Daily Training Journal - 6 wks out = 6/9/09

Tuesday June 9, 2009 - 6 weeks out till the NPC Masters Nationals

I took Sunday & Monday off from weight training, but not from cardio or posing. I am now back home training in my own facility again. Phoenix was great. It was warm and relaxing - just what I needed. I typically try to take off for a few days anywhere from 7 weeks to 4 weeks out from a show just to focus and relax. Back to the grind....

Yes, I trained delts & arms on Saturday and again today, but had to coordinate my training with some of my other team members. So, I am training them again today.

On another note: I am down 2 lbs from last week. Am much harder than the pic I posted for last week as well - so, with that said - all is going very well - just gotta keep the same amount of changes I had this past week for the next 6 weeks & should be set... I will post another pic for you guys to see soon.

Ok, lets get to work...

Weight Training

LATERAL DELTS, BICEPS, TRICEPS & CALVS

DELTS:

Single DB press (db is angled from behind delt & pressed overhead - if done correctly will isolate the lateral head of the delt):
  • Warmup: 1 set of 25 for 12 reps, 1 set of 35 for 8 reps
  • Work weight: 5 set of 45 for 10 reps
Upright DB Row: (superset with Single DB press)
    • Warmup: 1 set of 15 for 15, 1 set of 25 for 10
    • Work weight: 5 sets of 35 for 8 reps
BICEPS:
Standing DB Curls:
  • Warmup: 1 set of 30 for 10 reps
  • Work weight: 6 sets of 40 for 12 reps
TRICEPS:
V Bar Pushdowns:
  • Warmup: 1 set of 30 for 15 reps
  • Work weight: 6 sets of 50 for 10 reps

CALVS: (superset)
  • Raises on Leg Press:
    • 6 sets of 350 for 12 reps
  • Seated Raises:
    • 6 sets of 150 for 8 reps
Posing
  • hold each mandatory pose 30 seconds (including "relaxed" poses) for 2 rounds
  • will start choreographing my routine soon. I am using some unique music - it looks like it will be a combo of three different songs - all heavy metal (kinda). I will let you know who once it is complete. Should have music put together by the end of this week.
Cardio
  • 2.10 hrs - split into two sessions - 1 session first thing in the am before food 1hr 10min. 2nd session in the evening on empty stomach 1.05 hrs. I keep my intensity very low as I have absolutely 0 carbs & sugar in my diet.
Nutrition

[URL="http://www.needtobuildmuscle.com/"]www.needto[/URL]buildmuscle.com: Supplements, articles,...

Great job training when you were out of town I know how hard that is when your out of your confort zone your passion for the sport really shows.

This log is a great resource. Your self control is inspiring!

Thank you. If there are any questions you may have by all means feel free to ask. Also, thanks regarding the self control - trust me in 5 more weeks I do not have any intentions on having self control regarding food for a few weeks:chomp:!!!! Unless, I have to appear somewhere or do something where I still need to be in top shape - which will probable happen & then I only get to turn loose for a day.

Anita

Great job training when you were out of town I know how hard that is when your out of your confort zone your passion for the sport really shows.

Thanks. Actually, I am on the road allot and enjoy training at different places - it is fun to meet & talk with new and different people. The only time I find it difficult is when I am training for a bench meet as that is when I need my team for spots & lift offs & such...

Anita,

I absolutely agree. She is amazing, and a great inspiration to many others.

This log is fantastic, I look forward to reading more.

Keep up the good work!

Thanks to both you & RADAR! If there is other info you want regarding my training journal please do let me know I will be happy to add what I can.

Anita

Top Bottom