Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Androgel questions for women. Anyone?

We :heart: Tatyana...

Ladies, want knowledge on fitness and how to look and feel your best regardless of age/life circumstances/goals? Elitefitness women's forums are the place to come! :)

Tatyana said:
Found a bit of reading for you, especially check out page two on this thread about how weight training can help women avoid the 'middle-aged spread'.

I also want to address your point about walking. In all honesty, except for the fact that I am getting ready for a comp, I would do minimal to no cardio, except for the walking I have to do to get around.

I haven't been doing all that much cardio either for the last 6 months either.

You don't really HAVE to when you get this nice ratio of fat to muscle, SO easy to maintain just with weight training.

Cardio is great for cardio vascular health and for burning fat, but it is not going to give women the shape they want in their legs, butts, arms.

http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/w...tone-but-i-don-t-want-get-too-big-583600.html

I wish more people *got* this.

So I thought your post was worthy of repeating!

Tatyana, Good stuff, my wife is a little girl very thin built and I had the hardest time getting to to realize Cardio wont change body comp. Good luck Ladies

Thirteen years ago, around the time Judith Reichman, M.D. wrote her book "I'm Not In The Mood," I went to my GYN, book in hand, and asked if I could get a prescription for the compounded testosterone Judith wrote about. My GYN knew nothing about it, but she had faith in Judith and gave me the script. It's 1.5% Testosterone Propionate in PLO gel. I've been using it ever since, a little dab, on inside of labia, at bedtime.

Okay, here are the positive results I've found:

No mood swings
No periods of depression
Steady and good libido (means I never say "I have a headache, Dear" to my man)
Clitoris enlarged, but being postmenopausal and things shrinking, that's a good thing
Don't have vaginal atrophy or dryness
Have a lot of energy and strength (at my age, that's saying an awful lot)
No joint pains
Bone Density Tests always good

Negative results:

None that I can find

My GYN is happy with my health, how I feel and what I can do. Some other doctors freak and tell me testo has bad side effects. Only side effect they can come up with is I have the same risk of heart attack as men do. Big deal -- most women have the same risk factor because they are working outside the home, competing and just as stressed as men.

One thing that really gets me angry in forums is men saying they wouldn't have sex with a woman who has a clit that looks like a penis. Well, there's no reason for a woman to have one that big. If she does, she's definitely overdosing on her testo. I have always been very careful about the amount used and mine is a normal good size. I don't have acne. I don't have male pattern baldness -- in fact my hair is quite thick. I don't have excess hair in places I don't want any.

I would like to try Androgel, but feel I don't want to mess with success. I'd have to learn all over again as to how much my body needs to remain where it's at now. Of course, it would be nice not to have to depend on compounding, but I've used the same pharmacy all these years and I get partial reimbursement from insurance company.

I am curious about where women who use Androgel apply it. I was given strict instructions not to apply testo to breasts and I understand Androgel is applied to upper body. Anyone???

To sum it up, I feel pretty good about myself... :verygood:

My wife just started using a cream from Andromeds... I think it's the only testosterone cream specifically for women (don't quote me on that though)

it's only been a few days so nothing to report now, but i'll update with anything interesting

HI - I am post-menopausal and I have been taking 5mg testerone using Androgel 1% 2.5mg gel packets for a year now. It is very helpful and I have had no adverse side effects. I think 5mg is a good dose if you are post-menopausal (I also use a .05 (.625 mg) Vivelle dot estrogen patch, and NO progesterone).

To get 5mg testerone gel from the 2.5 mg packet of 1% AndroGel, I place a small pinhole in the packet and squeeze out a small ball, of about a fifth of the packet. The package size is changing (Dec 2013) to a 1.62% strength of AndroGel, so I will use 1/8th of a packet instead of 1/5th. But the dosage of 5mg per day is the same.

Good luck!

HI - I am post-menopausal and I have been taking 5mg testerone using Androgel 1% 2.5mg gel packets for a year now. It is very helpful and I have had no adverse side effects. I think 5mg is a good dose if you are post-menopausal (I also use a .05 (.625 mg) Vivelle dot estrogen patch, and NO progesterone).

To get 5mg testerone gel from the 2.5 mg packet of 1% AndroGel, I place a small pinhole in the packet and squeeze out a small ball, of about a fifth of the packet. The package size is changing (Dec 2013) to a 1.62% strength of AndroGel, so I will use 1/8th of a packet instead of 1/5th. But the dosage of 5mg per day is the same.

Good luck!
Why are you taking estrogen and not progesterone? Unopposed estrogen is where the cancer concerns really crop up and I'm surprised a doctor who would prescribe estrogen wouldn't be concerned about this. Natural bioidentical progesterone cream is easily available online or in most health food stores.

You might want to research the term "unopposed estrogen" or "estrogen without progesterone" or perhaps consider reading some of the books by Dr. John Lee. Test + estrogen (even the mildest version of estrogen, estradiol, that Vivelle contains), without progesterone is not a good idea.

Good luck!

So happy you are using T-Gel with good results! I've been using AndroGel and love it. I can't find a doc who has a clue, so thanks for sharing your conservative dosage. I'm post menapause, too. I have been taking one pump the day before sex and one pump 5 hours prior to sex. I only have sex about twice a month, so that's 4 pumps per month. I want to dose myself the same as you.

One 1.25 g. pump of 1.62% AndroGel produces 20.25 mg. of Testosterone.

20.25 mg. of Testosterone in one pump..... divided by four equals 5mg. Testosterone.

I need to find a way to measure 5 mg, and I wonder if I can keep the leftover gel in an airtight container.

I initially took T-gel to improve sex, and I'm having the best sex of my life. I'm devoted to the gym and lifting weights 2 hours every day. I think my body had been craving T. My energy and feeling of well being is fantastic after taking T, and then falls off after a day, so it will be nice being on a steady low dose. I still may apply before sex, since it's only twice a month. May I ask where you apply the gel? I put on my shoulder and upper arm.

Thanks so much for sharing ....

Top Bottom