Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Amore's Log

WORKOUT:

squats 10x95
leg extensions 10x100
leg curls 10x85
dumbbell pullovers 10x20 lb dumbbell
lateral raises 15x10 lb dumbbells
upright row 10x22.5 lb dumbbells
seated row 10x85
bench press 12x20 lb dumbells
curls 9x20 lb dumbells
tricep extensions 10x27.5 lb dumbell
weighted pullups 12x115 lb offset
weighted dips 9x100 lb offset
calf raises 30x75 (need to raise the weight last time)
abs crunches 25x using weird ab machine w/ 5 lb weight

Did you just do one set of all this stuff?

scorpiogirl said:
Did you just do one set of all this stuff?

YEP... ;-)) I feel it today though. Did all of them almost to failure w/ weight that was heavy for me. Good bad???

Good bad???

Well, if it works for you.......

If you see results from it - go for it. If you don't.....change it up. You MUST go to failure with this though. Do you have the mental ability to do that at this point since you've just started? I'm not saying that to make you feel bad....but most people, when they just start up for the first time...or again...need to really get into it mentally before something like this. JMO

As I said before....if it works for you.......

scorpiogirl said:
Well, if it works for you.......

If you see results from it - go for it. If you don't.....change it up. You MUST go to failure with this though. Do you have the mental ability to do that at this point since you've just started? I'm not saying that to make you feel bad....but most people, when they just start up for the first time...or again...need to really get into it mentally before something like this. JMO

As I said before....if it works for you.......

Girl, I've got the focus!! Big time! Def going to failure!! Might pick up some gym guy or girl to help me though (partner for training) as it's a bit difficult by myself sometimes (hate dropping weights). Failure for def!! Will let everyone know of the progress ;-)) My biceps feel great today, tris too! And back feels good!! Legs will need toucher effort tomorrow as I don't feel them that much. ;-)))) I LOVE FITNESS!! :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

amore said:
Hi iceprincess,

I take creatine in a pill form as I hate the taste of it by itself in just water. I'm very picky about tastes... It's from NOW Sports (bought at local vitamin store). 750 mg, 120 caps. 6 capsules=4.5g creatine monohydrate and 10 cals. I take the creatine in the mornings usually w/ some l-glut and then prior and post workout. I split up the doses to get about 6 caps a day. A difference? i think that I feel more of a pump when I'm on creatine. Almost as if my muscles tightened more when I work out. I've heard from a few very good looking people that creatine is just about the only supplement that REALLY works as a lot of supplements are overrated and just don't work. I think I might need a bit of a highter dose though - i think i should have loaded it as per the bottle instructions 1st. I don't get bloating with this one it seems or stomach problem. When I used a powder form creatine about a year ago I would get stomach problems instantly as in diarrea bad! Hated the stuff so that's why I think I developed a negative neuroassociation w/ the taste. It's difficult to measure results this time around though as I've really just started and was taking the stuff all along. See how it works for you - if you like it, keep taking it ;-) Oh one more thing.. in evaluating a certain supplement, you have to look at so many factors. How do you know if your gains are directly associated with that supplement intake for instance? It could be just diet or workout that you used that's giving your the results. May not be the supplement that makes the result. So you would have to make a scientific study to keep diet, etc. all the same to test if it's really the supplement doing the work. My training and diet has ranged some so I'm not a good test subject. But that's why the studies on creatine exist... And why they say that creatine helps convert ADP back to ATP providing greater amounts of ATP for energy, hence increasing short term endurance and strength. ;-)

Thank you so much for the information amore!! I have been taking the powder form (monohydrate) for about 3 days now and haven't seen any negative responses YET. I go lift tomorrow so I am hoping to have a better gage as to the effectiveness of it and then be able to decide if I need to increase my dosage or not...Again thanks!! :heart: :qt:

I went and checked out the workout that you are currently doing and wow, that has to be tough, going to failure without a workout partner or someone to encourage and push ya. You seem very motivated and determined so best of luck to you - you can do IT!!! I will be curious to find out your results and your thoughts about the program!! ;)

iceprincess said:
Thank you so much for the information amore!! I have been taking the powder form (monohydrate) for about 3 days now and haven't seen any negative responses YET. I go lift tomorrow so I am hoping to have a better gage as to the effectiveness of it and then be able to decide if I need to increase my dosage or not...Again thanks!! :heart: :qt:

I went and checked out the workout that you are currently doing and wow, that has to be tough, going to failure without a workout partner or someone to encourage and push ya. You seem very motivated and determined so best of luck to you - you can do IT!!! I will be curious to find out your results and your thoughts about the program!! ;)

Absolutely iceprincess, I will be sure to report back my progress. And there will be progress I assure you. See, I think that's in all in the mind. If you believe you'll have the results, you'll have them. If you talk yourself into believing that A=>B, your mind after a while will stop questioning/debating you and it will give you B. It won't know anything else. Perhaps your mind will play some tricks like not responding as much to stress and hence helping you to have higher growth hormone levels or helping you w/ cortisol levels so that you can put on muscle better. Subconsiously you'll get the result you want. Just a theory... ;-)) :heart:

I've been watching Million $ Baby and saw how the main character goes running on the beach every day at sunrise. That's what I am going to do from now on. It's 3 am and I am not going to bed until 6 pm today (technically today, LOL). Skipping a night of sleep and reconditioning my body to be up at 6 am instead of 12 noon like I get up now. Being up in the mornings will have business benefits too- need to be up earlier-->more business to do when the rest of the country is doing business (like when the bankers do biz... bankers which i take loans for to get real estate).

So here's the plan:
6 am MEAL 1
6:30 am leave to go to the beach for run
6:30-7:30 running on the beach
7:30-8:30 am Rest/food
8 am MEAL 2
8:30-9:30 cook for the day
9:45 am MEAL 3 prior to workout
10-11 GYM training to failure - my 1 set routine
11-12 noon meet with a banker and get 1 million $
12 noon MEAL 4
12-1 watch TV - bunch of movies I rented
1-2 pm accounting/financials like make payments on bills due
2 pm MEAL 5
2-4 pm clean the house/organize
4 pm MEAL 6
4-6 TV-watch more movies or in the event I get sick of movies, learn Sarbanes-Oxley (accounting compliance laws)
5:30 pm MEAL 7
6 pm-6 am sleep
6 am-8:30 am get up and train again 12/22/05

;-))

12/20 TUE

meal 1
grapes 78g
peanut butter 2 teaspoons
glucorell 1x
sesapure 1x
creatine 4x
l-glut 2x
EFA 3x
glucosamine 2x
green tea extract 3x
ON whey 1.5 scoops
Meal totals: 348 cals, 11g fat, 21g carbs, 40g protein

meal 2
brazil nuts 16g
Isopure protein 5 oz
Meal totals: 145 cals, 11g fat, 2g carbs, 12g protein

meal 3
brazil nuts 16g
isopure protein 10 oz
Meal totals: 185 cals 11g fat, 2g cabrs, 22g protein

meal 4
glucorell 1x
sardines 50g
bread (flax/sunflower) 42g - large slice
hommus 1.25 oz
sesapure 1x
creatine 3x
l-glut 1x
On whey 1 scoop
Meal totals: 419 cals, 13g fat, 35g carbs, 43g protein

meal 5
advant edge protein, cafe caramel
Meal totals: 110 cals, 3g fat, 3g carbs, 15g protein

meal 6
glucorell R 1x
isopure protein 10 oz
cottage cheese w/ pineapple and cinnamon 130g
Meal totals: 208 cals, 2g fat, 16g carbs, 33g protein

12/20 TOTALS:
1,415 cals, 50g fat, 79g carbs, 165g protein
31% fat, 20% carbs, 46% protein
1,322 mg sodium

Wow I'm tired. It's 10:45.Trained cardio 45 min this morning. Going to sleep for a while. Met a cool trainer (seemingly) at the gym and some of my form is off so I might hire him. Trying to change my sleeping habits radically may not have been the best idea per the trainer and per what I'm feeling right now (was wired at 6:30 am, but now, well that's another story). Got some training done w/ weights in the gym... Well nap time 4 me ;-))

Top Bottom