Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

amore's journal using var (just started) - need help prior to figure show

amore

Ladies,

I just started my 2nd ever cycle of var. I used anavar a year ago for only about a week but stopped using it as I figured that I should keep at natural body buidling for longer. I have been lifting weights now for about 2 years regularly. Over the last year I have treated body building religiously, played wiht my diet, bulked up, cut down, bulked up again and now it's time for me to lean out for show.

I will be posting photos soon - updated/current. I am changing my diet right now too. Some of you may remember how I hired a trainer who competed 15x in body building and who gave me a crazy cutting diet, which well I come to find out was a bit too rigorous. I kept getting a cold on it as I was not getting enough nutrition it seemed (50g carbs a day for low carb cycling days, 100g protein, 30g fat and about total 900 cals for those low carb days - which was hard). I lost water weight and dropped about 10 lbs (143 currently in weight) but I have a gut feeling that I need more cals in order to have the strength to train and not to get sick from burnout!!!

I started var on the 31st (Wed) this past week (so I have been on now for only about 3 days). I am taking between 5 mg and 10 mg per day - about 7.5 mg per day avg. The pills are tiny so it's hard to divide them out ... and they are 10 mg each. I take 1/2 in the morning and 1/2 at night time.

This past week I got sick. From Sunday until the mid week my voice was half gone and I had no energy. I trained still a little - as much as I could but well, not as much as I would have liked to. Between a busy work schedule (self employed) and the stresses of life I have a tendency of burning out regularly. Also the energy supps I take - redline and caffeine seem to keep me up too long when I should go to sleep and well I burn out after a few days even more so as I don't feel that I get adequate rest. Last night I slept from midnight to about 1:30 p.m. tonight!!

So here are the questions:

1. What should I dose at? 5 or 10 mg per day? For how long? I was thinking 2 weeks on, 2 off.
2. Please help me fine tune my nutrition, which will be in the next post.
3. Please help me fine tune my workouts (below).

The figure competition is at the end of august.

Stats: 5'7, 143 weight
Calipers: in MMs:
Abdominal: 26
Chest: 16 (think I may have screwed up this measurement)
Thigh: 22
Suprailiac: 6
Midaxillary: 12
Subscapular: 4
Per http://www.linear-software.com/online.html my BF % for all the above measurements is about 19%
Only for: Tricep, suprailiac and thigh: 16%
Waist: inches: 27; hips inches: 39

Diet:

FOODS OF ONLY these combos:

-Meats: Chicken, tilapia or salmon
-Veggies/carbs: Mostly spinach and asparagus
-Fruits/carbs: Mostly just berries, fav being blueberries, some grapes
-Carbs: Sweet potatos, oats, little bit of honey with my salmon (I have this great recipe!) – about a tablespoon max a day on the high carb days only
-Protein supps: Beverly international brand – whey mix – “Ultimate Muscle Protein” also “Muscle Provider” from Bev Int’l.
-Fats: Salad dressing, vinagrette – little of, avocados (tops 50g per day or so), cook using NO oils – only the spray, little bit of feta cheese (maybe tops 20g per day)
-No breads of course/no junk foods

Meals: Balanced w/ Protein, carbs, fats:

Higher carb days (plan):
Days 1-4:
Cals about 1400-1500.
140-160g protein
150-200 max g carbs depending on workout intensity
40-50g fats – good fats

Lower Carb days:
Days 5-7
130g protein
50-100g carbs (more like 50 if can manage it)
About 30g fats
Totals to about 1000-1100 cals.

Supplements:
-Vaso xp – vasodilator
-Redline when I really need it – screws me up if I take it too regularly – as I don’t sleep enough then
-sesapure though I’m not taking it regularly as I should
-t-rex sometimes
-l-glut post/pre workouts
-vitamins and extra b-vitamins
-BCAAs
-EFAs
-sometimes mineral/vitamin supplement “Emergen-C”
-garlic when I feel sick, LOL
-drink loooots of green tea – maybe more than I should… need to up the h20 intake
** I am thinking about cycling off the supplements other than vitamins and var on weekends…. Any ideas? I think it’s not good to take them all the time?

Workouts:
Now I listen to my bod, sometimes I do less cardio or weights – I workout to feel a great pump and some pain the next day – to feel very strong, but if I feel weak I don’t overdo it w/ the workouts (I take it easy or day off):
Approx workouts:
CARDIO daily: I was doing 45 min or so 4-5 days a week of slower cardio where I would still sweat, but will not change this to High intensity shorter session trainings:
-Will do about 20 min, 2x per day of high intensity (5-6 days per wk goal): Fast run on treadmill/jump rope combo – gut wrenching type
WEIGHTS:
Full bod workouts every other day, and some lighter weight workouts and/or ball/abs exercises in between the hard full bod workouts. I think I like the idea of giving adequate rest in between workouts which are intense – that has worked for me in the past.

So far:
I feel strong. I think it’s the var kicking in, but I’m not sure? I’ve felt incredibly strong and pumped up. I feel hungry! I have been at about 1500 cals for the last 3 days prior to that I ate lower carbs of 1000 cals per day or so for a few days and was fine. But now, I am suddenly hungry on the 1500 cals! Today I already ate abtou 1500 cals and I have a few meals more that I should have eated (felt sick at night, throat hurt so I drank a lot of milk w/ honey and a bit of butter- mom’s recipe from when I was a little girl – always worked annnnd I ate a ton of garlic – feel much better today!!).

Photos coming soon ;-)

Honestly, I stopped reading your post when i saw you were thinking of dosing Var at 2 weeks on / 2 weeks off. You DO NOT dose Var that way. You need to keep consistent blood levels to reduce chance of sides, AND var starts really working after about 2 weeks - why would you stop then?

Where in the world did you get the idea of cycle Var 2w on / 2w off? Whoever told you that, you need to go kick them in the balls.

Var should be dosed at 5-10mg ED for about 10-12 weeks. Time off shuld equal time on, to give your body a break.

Are you dosing VAR or CLEN? CLEN is two on/two off. Not VAR! As Daisy said, you MUST keep levels constant. Run it at 5mg ed for first week, no sides seen increase to 10mg for 10-12 wks. You do not have to taper off nor run anything after. One of the many advantages of not having balls. I would take some Tylers or milk thistle. Var is not known to be toxic to liver in small doses but why take the chances. Can't hurt you any by taking it. AF store is a sponsor of this board and they sell both.

ladies - thank u SOOO much! my ex told me that - to cycle and i trust him - well no longer!!!! i love this board!!! thank u thank u! i will keep it at 5 mg per day for now and then up it to 10... and stay on as you suggested. Any other comments would be super!!

i have some very big cravings now... !!! help! i just want to eat eat eat and eat more carbs!

I have a couple comments....

First congrats on going after a comp!

Var - I'm sure your dosing instructions were confused w/ clen so sounds like you have that under control. I will suggest that you add acidophilus to your supps list just in case - AAS tends to mess up the balance of good & bad bacteria "down there" and can sometimes cause a yeast infection, and well ... yuk. You might also include Evening Primrose - just sort of helps w/ the overall menstrual thing which I expect will be interrupted around July but the symptoms still occur.

Your lower carb days -- I'm not a real big fan of cutting your calories so low -- I don't know if you have experience w/ that but I was interested as to why your fats are higher on the higher carb days and lower on the lower carb days. I've had the best luck in my carb cycles by keeping my total cals about the same but replacing the cals lost on the lower carb days w/ the same number of cals in fats. If you've spent time putting together this diet and there's a reason for it, I don't want to mess w/ it, but I also don't want to see you get sluggish at 8+ weeks out due to low cals.

Just a personal experience - for appetite suppression VPX Dietex (hoodia-based) worked great for me....

Redline whacks me out too -- I might suggest just Cardio Breeze if you are experiencing anything like toasted adrenals.

I might suggest including more anti-ox type stuff -- I regularly use grapeseed extract & Tyler's Liver Detox as well.

Thank you for all the replies ;-)

What about if I add Clen? Can you ladies tell me when that would be proper? I am hoping to get my little hands on some very soon (as in within a few weeks hopefully).. ;-)

I am changing the diet to having more fat on my low carb days - as in to keep the cals the same approx as on the high carb days...

So about 1500 cals on high carb days 1400 on low carb days .. so far so good!

amore said:
Thank you for all the replies ;-)

What about if I add Clen? Can you ladies tell me when that would be proper? I am hoping to get my little hands on some very soon (as in within a few weeks hopefully).. ;-)

I am changing the diet to having more fat on my low carb days - as in to keep the cals the same approx as on the high carb days...

So about 1500 cals on high carb days 1400 on low carb days .. so far so good!
I no nothing about the AAS dosing but the right ladies sure gave you what appears to be the correct adivce :)

The diet did scare me, more specifically the cals on low carb days ...

^^ sounds MUCH better .. please keep us posted, and best of luck to you :rose:

Top Bottom