Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Am I missing anything?

R

RachelEFC

Okay ladies, I am a newbie here, though not a newbie to the fitness world. I wanted to post my daily/weekly workouts/diet and see if you have any additional suggestions for me.

Basic info: I'm 25, 5'3", and 125lbs. I have been a runner on and off for the past 9 years, and have been lifting quite religiously for about two years. I was forced to take off several months time training legs due to a fracture in the neck of my femur, due to overtraining (some combo of weights, cardio, actual cause TBD). My legs have been back in action since about July.

I generally train one body part per day or split train, so doing each muscle group about every 4th or 5th day. Depending on the muscle group, I do about 4 different exercises, 4-5 sets of somewhere between 10 and 15 reps.
My chest workout consists of variations of Flat bench dumbbell press (12 reps of 35lbs), incline press (70lbs)... some version of flys, etc. Legs include squats (sets working up to 150lbs), leg press (up to 360), extensions, curls... I also teach 2 bodypump/powerflex classes weekly

I was doing about 20-30 minutes of cardio 3-4 days a week, but am trying to lose a little weight so am now at 45mins-hour 5-6 days a week.

I haven't been very consistent with any sort of diet, and have always had an affinity for beer and wine... This is now my new area of focus. I cut out the drinking, (except for a couple on my cheat night, Saturday). I have also been prepacking my meals for the day and have been eating every few hours.
4am: oatmeal, hardboiled egg
meal 2: protein shake/apple
meal 3: chicken/rice or on a sandwich with wheat bread
meal 4: protein shake, sometimes a banana
meal 5: chicken or tuna with some kind of carb, brocolli

Lots and lots of water.

I'm down three pounds in 2 weeks from dropping the drinking and focusing on eating consistently. Anything jumping out at you ladies that seems inconsistent with my goals? Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

We have pretty much the same dimensions. The only thing that I would do to accomodate the loss of bf is stop all cardio for ONE WEEK (seeing as how you teach bodypump and have been doing extra cardio for weeks I suspect). Then I would remove the banana from the shake later in the day. Other than that you seem to be pretty much right on.

I appreciate the feedback, though am confused as to why decreasing the cardio would aid in decreasing BF%?

RachelEFC said:
I appreciate the feedback, though am confused as to why decreasing the cardio would aid in decreasing BF%?

Sorry, only gave 1/2 reply. Busy at work so I don't have a lot of time.

In order to keep your metabolism up you must continually increase the amount of cardio you do once your body adjusts, (which becomes catabolic very quickly and becomes a negative spiral) which happens rather quickly. From what you wrote I am suspecting that you have been doing A LOT of cardio for many many weeks...

Soooooooooooooooooooo

Take a week off of cardio completely and begin at ground zero doing cardio only 3 x's per week to begin, continuing the clean diet and only increasing the cardio (slowly) once the bf loss has halted.

Anyone else with more time please explain this more fully if I have done a crappy job. Thanks, I appreciate it.

Oh and by the way, where are my manners?

WELCOME! :)

Hello and welcome as well

Your body will also adapt to whatever weight routine that you use, so mixing that up will also benefit you in losing body fat.

I have started to switch my routine week by week, so heavy, high volume, and then a superset/dropset week.

It also keeps training interesting.

I do think people often think more is better with training, and often it isn't. Cutting back on the number of sets or exercises often works well too.

I have been doing quite a bit of variety with my workout routines, and have seen tremendous increases in strength and size of my muscles. It's just the darn body fat that I'm having trouble with. My new workout partner swears that I'm looking more lean, and I know I should believe him, [I'm trying to stop obsessing about the scale] but until I can see my abs start to pop...

I really do need to know what my actual body fat percentage is.

I appreciate everybody's input!

Top Bottom