Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Always bloated after eating?!?!?!

velvett said:
... every week that goes by I feel that I get an allergic reaction to everything (hives, swollen face and eyes, etc)
Tired for months now...

How long since you've had a check-up or any bloodwork done? Are you on any medications? The symptoms you're having could be any number of things, but sounds like you've been suffering on your own long enough and need a medical opinion.

Last edited:
Maybe you can try some proteases = protein digesting enzymes

like pepsin, papain, and bromelain

I used to have that same problem. I try to eat a clean and healthy diet. And for the longest time my stomach would ALWAYS hurt. I ended up going to the doctor about it b/c all I wanted to wear was sweatpants. They did some blood tests and everything. And he asked me if I ate dairy products. I don't usually; sometimes for b/f I will have yogurt or cottage cheese. He told me that I could be lactose intolerant and told me to cut dairy products out for two weeks. (So you might try that if you eat dairy products.) That didn't work for me. So they narrowed down and I have an ulcer. They prescribed some medicine for me and now I don't generally have that problem. I just can't eat as many leafy veggies(spinach, leaf lettuce,etc.) as I used to.

I LOVE the bloated feeling...especially just before I take a nap...

Seriously...no idea what to tell you...

B True

Courtney said:
I used to have that same problem. I try to eat a clean and healthy diet. And for the longest time my stomach would ALWAYS hurt. I ended up going to the doctor about it b/c all I wanted to wear was sweatpants. They did some blood tests and everything. And he asked me if I ate dairy products. I don't usually; sometimes for b/f I will have yogurt or cottage cheese. He told me that I could be lactose intolerant and told me to cut dairy products out for two weeks. (So you might try that if you eat dairy products.) That didn't work for me. So they narrowed down and I have an ulcer. They prescribed some medicine for me and now I don't generally have that problem. I just can't eat as many leafy veggies(spinach, leaf lettuce,etc.) as I used to.

How did they diagnose the ulcer and what meds did the doc perscribe?

The symptoms you describe could be so many things. But since it has gone on for so long and you say it has affected your quality of life, you really need to go see a Gastro Doc. or Doc of Int. Med.

We could guess hundreds of things, and suggest numerous things for you to try, but never get it right. Why prolong your suffering and potentially incur irreparable physical damage that way.

I don't wish to sound overly melodramatic, or scare you with the following. Your post hits very close to home with me, please indulge me and my soapbox, if you will.

My sister had 'stomach' problems for a few years during secondary school, college, and university. Her symptoms were vague and not always exactly the same; bloating, discomfort, occasional 'stomach virus', and sometimes stress seemed to make it worse. However, she didn't wish to take time away from her studies and work for a doctors visit. (In reality she was avoiding/fearing hearing bad news.)

She FINALLY went to the Doc after finishing her Ph.D., only to discover she has Crohn's disease. BECAUSE OF HER DELAY, her small intestine is riddled with scar tissue. She has numerous fistulas, and has permanently lost use of a third of her intestine.

Now, some of that damage would have occurred naturally due to the disease. But, her delay in getting control of the problem allowed it to progress far more rapidly than necessary.

Do yourself a favour and get checked out by good doc, or better yet a good G.I. doc.

Last edited:
To BikiniMom-

After doing all the blood work and even stool samples(DISGUSTING I MUST SAY) they all came back negative. They checked for viral or bacterial and even parasite infections. So they did an MRI and the medicine they prescribed was Prevacid. It has helped me ALOT!!!!!!

I've found that if I eat broccoli, caluiflower, corn, peas, carrots, any vegy's like that, It sits in my stomach like a ROCK. If eaten two days in a row, I'll wake up in the middle of the night from something poking me in my stomach. I'm bloated with HORRIBLE gas that won 't come out, I feel like a ballon, plus I get CONSTIPATED which makes it even worse! If I stick to the green leafy vegys I'm ok. It could be you are similiar to me and it's just that having that kind of vegy and it's reaction lasts for days. I was craving broccoli and had it for dinner for two nights, now I am paying for it with a GUT! arghh. Try cutting out those types of vegys for a week, use all the dark green leafy ones.

Top Bottom