Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Afgrl's Journal

Afgrl

7:30am-1/2c oatmeal 150 cals/3g fat
protein shake (made w/water) 80/0 fat
20oz water

8:30am-1 1/2 hrs cardio treadmill & elliptical (I know this is alot, but for some reason I am addicted to cardio.......it's weird to think that I used to HATE it. I love the rush of endorphins I get afterwards when my blood is pumping and I can feel it throughout my body.) 16oz water

10:15am fresh broccoli florets w/1 tbs vinaigrette....am not sure about the #'s for broccoli but dressing is 90cals/9g fat & 16 oz water

11:15am-16oz water, 4oz can of water-packed tuna 120/0.5g fat mixed w/1 tbs mayo 70/6

12:30pm-1c applesauce 90/0

1:40-2:40pm-(Hubby wanted to go to they gym together.........) 30 minute circut training & 30 min cardio

3:30pm- 1/4c lowfat cottage cheese 45cals/1 1/4g fat; protein shake w/water 80/0.........I need to go get some fresh fruit otherwise I'd be substituting fruit in place of this shake.

6:30pm- 4oz chicken breast 110/3; 1c green beans 40/0; 2tbsp bbq sauce (for dipping chicken in) 60/0; 20 oz water w/a hint of lemon concentrate (for flavor.); 20oz water

I feel GREAT today! I had my husband take some before :Perk: pictures last night, I'll have to post them, just pretty :worried: nervous about it. But I am a determined woman on a mission to get fit!! Any advice/"pointers" or constructive criticism is more than welcome. Thanks & I hope everyone has had a great day, too!

wow that's a lot of cardio but i understand the liking cardio part. i would suggest adding more calories in the way of protein. i would add some protein to the 10:15 and 12:30 meals. are you doing any weight training?

Thanks for the reply 8x271, I will try to get more calories and protein into those two small meals. What do you think of supplementing/alternating protein shakes w/protein bars? I have only been doing circut training, no real weight training yet. But when my husband and I go to the gym together (usually on the weekends) he helps we out w/the weight trng, lets me know what may work for me, etc. He's the one that has helped me get so motivated to do this. :) But it's kinda hard b/c we are on 2 different diets, so I basically have to make 3 separate dinners a night, LOL. Oh well. Thanks again for your input in my journal, much apprieciated.

Hi and Congrats on the logging! It can be a real eye opener!

Try to eat all your meals if possible - in the form of whole foods rather than processed (protein bars).

What are your stats?

I posted this in the "new to EF Woman's Board" post but I'll post it here as well.

Hello everybody! I am a newbie, my husband (exidous) has been a member of this website for a while and I thought I'd check it out as well.
Last week I went to have a Body Composition Analysis (BodPod, Bio-Impedence, Skinfold Calipers, & Underwater Weighing) done, so, here are my stats and other info.

Height-5'3"
Weight-136.5lbs
BF%- 29.5%

My goal is to lose 20lbs, and as close to 1/2 of my body fat% as possible. I am willing to do whatever it takes to get there, even if it means more gym time and a really strict diet. Right now I have been going to the gym M-F for 1-1 1/2 hrs a day, cardio (treadmill;45 min & elliptical machine;30min) and I try to squeeze in some time for circut training at least once or twice a week.

My diet has been lacking lately, I try to eat good, but don't really know what kind of diet to get on. I've tried the lo-carb, tried the lo-cal, but just can't seem to stick with it for more than a month b/c I run out of ideas. Today for example: Breakfast 7am-1c cereal with 1/2c vit d milk, protein shake (mixed w 1/2 milk & 1/2 water) & 16oz water; Lunch 1130am-1 can water packed tuna, 1tbs light mayo & 1/2 wheat pita bread, protein shake, & 16oz water; Dinner 630pm-1 small chicken breast, 1c green beans, 1/2c rice, & 8oz juice & 16oz water.

No medical concerns.

That's about it for now.......I hope you all have (had) a great day!

Scorpiogirl & Playmatesky, I hope this answers your questions about my goals and stats. Thanks, and like I've said before ANY questions/comments/constructive criticism or whatever is more than welcome. Since I'm pretty new to this I'm "all ears" to all the info I can get.

Oh, yeah, I almost forgot.... yes I do mostly cardio b/c I figure it's the quickest way to burn fat. I was doing at least 1-2 days circut training, but from the advice I was given to by Sassy69 I will be doing a few extra days of it. I haven't really gotten into weight training too much yet b/c I'd like to lose my bodyfat first.

Last edited:
Thanks Scorpiogirl for the advice, it's kind of funny that I logged in and read your post to my journal/log right after I ate a protein bar. :rolleyes: HA HA. I agree with this being an eye opener b/c not only am I watching what I eat all the time now, but there are other people looking in my journal too, and it makes me work that much harder to get to my goal. I know I need to go get a few groceries, fresh fruit & veggies mainly.

730am-1/2 c oatmeal 150/3g fat;protein shake (w/water) 80/0 fat; 16oz water

845-915am 30 mintues cardio (had to cut it much shorter than usual, had some errands to run b4 I had to be back home to watch my niece and nephew for a few hours.) 20oz water

1030am-1/2 serving dry roasted almonds 75cals/6.5g fat/2g protein;16oz water

1145am-approz 2oz chicken marsala with 1/2c broccoli & red peppers 180cals/7g fat/20g protein;24oz water

100pm-protein bar 200cals/7g fat/15g protein;16oz water

300pm-1egg & 3tbs egg whites95/4g fat/11g protein

630pm-(dinner at my mother & father "in-laws" house) 1c ham, bean and potato soup, cornbread w/butter to taste; 1/2c fresh fruit "salad", (apples, grapes and bananas) 1/4 of a small brownie........i feel bad.....I don't want to sound rude when they ask us to dinner and then tell them that I'll "pass" when they offer me something. Any suggestions on this? Thnkx & have a great weekend, everyone. Ciao!

Afgrl said:
Thanks for the reply 8x271, I will try to get more calories and protein into those two small meals. What do you think of supplementing/alternating protein shakes w/protein bars? I have only been doing circut training, no real weight training yet. But when my husband and I go to the gym together (usually on the weekends) he helps we out w/the weight trng, lets me know what may work for me, etc. He's the one that has helped me get so motivated to do this. :) But it's kinda hard b/c we are on 2 different diets, so I basically have to make 3 separate dinners a night, LOL. Oh well. Thanks again for your input in my journal, much apprieciated.

i concur with others, i'd ditch the protein bars in favor of a chicken breast or a protein shake. But hey, you have to start somewhere and the fact that you are here is good. I see a lot of people who try to take on to much with the changes in diet and working out. it overwhelms them and a lot of them fail pretty quick. You are lucky in that you have a husband who goes to the gym with you. Now if you both can get on the same diets that would make it a little easier on you. Just take your time, learn the basics and then go from there. Good luck!!

Thanks! I am glad do be here. Well, he is trying to gain and I'm trying to lose, so that's why we have totally different diets, ha ha go figure!

930am-1 serving cream of rice (w/1/2 tsp cinnamon & sugar to taste) 170/0/3; protein shake w/water 80/0/20

1130-1c applesauce; 16oz water

100pm-lemon herb chicken piccata w/wildrice and spring vegetables 250/5/15

300pm-protein shake 80/0/20; almonds 150/13/4

700pm (we were invited to a cookout-so this was my cheat meal for the week....and boy do i feel fat now.) 1 bratwurst w/mustard, 1 small servings each of potato salad, baked beans & chili, sliver of pumpkin pie. 8oz water

Top Bottom