Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Afgrl's Journal

730am-1 serving oatmeal; protein shake; 16oz water

10am- 1 serving (18 crackers) reduced fat wheat thins; 20oz water

130pm-6oz can light tuna in spring water w/1tbs salad dressing in 1/2 of a ww pita; 1/4c egg whites; protein shake; 16oz water

330pm- 1 serving almonds; 20oz water

630pm- 1c fresh steamed green beans; 1/4c brown rice; 4oz chicken breast w/a dash of lemon pepper for seasoning; protein shake w/1 tbs natty pb; 16oz water

Also, I am going to get back into taking my supps/vitamins etc. Prior to joining EF (haven't taken them in months) I was taking:
Flaxseed oil (1,000mg) 1 tab 3x a day
Omega Complex 1 tab 3x a day and
GNC Multi Mega Minerals 1 tab 2x a day

Does this sound alright? Are there any other things anyone would recommend? I thought about taking vitamin C since this time of the year I am always getting sinus infections b/c of the weather changes and the dang corn fields (lol). Oh and 1 more question, is there any certain brand of protein you all would recommend? Right now I am taking VPX Zero Carb Protein, but it has a bit of a funny aftertaste. I mix it with water, I was mixing 1/2 water 1/2 milk but I was given advice to just mix w/water. Is this b/c of the high cals dairy products contain? Thanks! :)

I'm not familiar with VPX, but with protein powder it pretty much comes down to whichever one you like the best. I use Isopure (Nature's Best brand) Zero Carb. 25g Protein per scoop, 0 Fat, 0 Carbs, 100 Cal. A few of the girls use Optimum Nutrition brand and seem to like it also. You can go to a few websites and shop/compare protein powders and see which one sounds good to you. There are SOOOO many to choose from. You can also do a search on this site and I'm sure you'll find quite a bit of info. on protein powders. To mix w/all water or all milk or 1/2 & 1/2... I think that's a personal preference.

As far as the supps....a good multi, and good fat source (your flax) are a good start. You can do a search on that also or there might be something up in the stickies too. There are some things that should be taken separate from eachother, but I'm not sure what they are. Someone else would be of better help in that department. The AF store has some supps you might be interested in too.

Scale and bf% same. Didn't sleep too well last night w/o my NyQuill :rolleyes:
I did an at home herbal body wrap last night and felt like a big goon trying to sit around in it b/c I could hardly move. I wanted to get rid of the extra "toxins" left in my body from when I wasn't on a "clean" diet, to help kick start my losses. All together I lost almost 13"....not too shabby. I can tell a slight difference. Now I'll just stick to this diet and excercise and maybe I can eventually get some good results. I also am going to start going to a kickboxing type class and hopefully it'll throw everything into overdrive. I guess that's what happened when I started running after having my baby, I hadn't run in a while and it "shocked" my body so I dropped 15 lbs quick, really quick. I know, that's enough rambling for now, onto my entry for the day. :mix:

8am-1 serving oatmeal;protein shake; 16oz water

1030am-(on the go)- Kellog's special K bar; 20oz water

100pm- 1/4c shredded pork w/bbq sauce in 1/2 ww pita bread; protein shake w/1 tbs natty pb; 16oz water

I did an at home herbal body wrap last night and felt like a big goon trying to sit around in it b/c I could hardly move. I wanted to get rid of the extra "toxins" left in my body from when I wasn't on a "clean" diet, to help kick start my losses. All together I lost almost 13"....not too shabby. I can tell a slight difference. Now I'll just stick to this diet and excercise and maybe I can eventually get some good results. I also am going to start going to a kickboxing type class and hopefully it'll throw everything into overdrive. I guess that's what happened when I started running after having my baby, I hadn't run in a while and it "shocked" my body so I dropped 15 lbs quick, really quick. I know, that's enough rambling for now, onto my entry for the day.

You should definitely notice a jumpstart by adding in kickboxing. I used to go twice a week at my gym, until they cut it to once a month. :evil:

Just go easy the first time, or you can very easily burn out on it.

Thanks for the advice & encouragement, Buffalogal. I am excited about the new class.

Additions to and Totals for 11/12 Entry:

3pm-1 rice cake; 16oz water

630pm- 1/4c stuffing; 1/4c cranberry; 1 slice Sara Lee ww toast; 4oz turkey breast; 20oz water

830pm-protein shake; 16oz water

TOTALS: 1,038.67/26.32/69.78

Weight same, lost another .5% bf so that puts me at 27% WHOO-HOO!! :dance2:

11/13 Entry

9am-2 whole wheat pancakes w/2 tbs syrup; 1 egg & 3 egg whites; protein shake; 20oz water

1130am-1 serving wheat thins

Not very hugry this afternoon......130pm-1 serving oatmeal; 16oz water

300pm-protein shake w/1 serving pb

500pm-1 small pkg multigrain sun chips

630pm-4oz roast beef; 1/2c mashed potatoes; 1c soy beans; 8oz water; 1 dove cookie

TOTALS: 1,451.85/47.619g fat/104.54g protein

Last edited:
11/14 Entry

730am-20oz water

750am- 1 kiwi; 1 serving oatmeal

10am-protein shake; 16 oz water

11am-30 minutes pilates

2minutes- squat thrust push-ups
4 minutes- squat thrust push-ups w/side plank
6 minutes- squat thrust push-ups w/leg lifts
8 minutes- squat thrust push-ups w/mountain climbers

one-two punch w/lunge kick- 12 reps
ab crunch w/inner-thigh squeeze-20 reps
curtsy lunge w/front raise-12 reps
pile squat and calf raise w/biceps curl-17 reps
wall squat w/shoulder press-15 reps
single-arm row & reverse kickback w/lunge hold-18 reps
standing side leg/arm raise-15 reps

12pm- 4oz turkey breast; 1 slice ww bread; 1/2c broccoli; 16oz water

300pm-protein shake w/2 tbs natty pb

630pm-2/3c spinach tortelini; 1/8c sauce; 1/2c mushrooms; 4oz milk; 16oz water

Okay, new workout time, starting tomorrow AM. Since I always feel rushed to get out of the gym b/c having the daycare watch "our brady bunch" adds up; I think I'll start going before everyone else wakes up in the morning. I'm not really a "wake up at the crack of dawn" kinda girl, but I guess I'm used to it by now having been in the AF for quite sometime. Just have to get back into the routine (of getting up early) and it'll be alright.

Last edited:
ScorpioGirl said:
Good job on the .5%!!!

THANK YOU! Being a part of these forums definately helps. You and alot of the other ppl on here are such an inspiration to me. who knows maybe some day I will muster up the courage to post those "before & after" pictures. HA HA

You're doing great! Even if you don't want to post the pics now make sure you take some so you have something to look back at. I regret not taking any. :Perk: Keep up the good work!

Top Bottom