Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Afgrl's Journal

Thanks, ladies, that's helps alot. :verygood:

10/28 Entry

745am protein shake; 1 serving oatmeal; 16oz water

9am-20oz water; apple w/1tbs natty pb; 1/2 can SoBe Energy drink

12pm-small bowl chili; 16oz water

200pm- avocado; 20oz water

400pm-3 egg whites

630pm- 3/4c ww pasta; 1/4c sauce w/ ground turkey; 2c salad w/2 tbs balsamic vinaigrette; 24oz water

Okay, so I have been keeping up w/my normal eating patterns of chicken, oatmeal, egg whites, etc. But lost track of my journal since everyone in our household has been sick the last few days. Between hubby and I having horrible sinus infections and my daughter having fevers and being up all night (getting new teeth) I am exhausted. I've still been doing 30 mintues pilates the last few days, but no cardio happening w/these terrible headaches. :worried: Well, I'll keep on drinking lots of fluids and hope I can "kick" this.

11/1/05 Entry

7am-1 serving oatmeal; proteing shake; 16oz water

9am-1 orange; 16oz water

1100am-8oz cranberry juice; 2c salad 1 tbs ranch; 6 mini crabcake sticks

1pm-8oz water; 1 apple; 1 slice "Carb Style" 7 grain toast

330pm-12 bite size tostito corn chips; 2 tbs salsa (craving salty & spicy....) :chomp:

600pm- 4oz turkey breast; 1/4c broccoli cheese rice; 2c salad w/1 tbs ranch; 6oz sprite;16oz water

11/2/05 Entry

730am- 1 serving oatmeal w/1 tsp splenda; protein shake

900am-1 orange; 20 oz water

1200pm-4oz cranberry juice;16oz water; protein bar

130pm-1/4c shredded pork; 1 slice carb style 7 grain bread; 16oz water
w/splash of lemon concentrate

330- 1oz turkey jerky; 20 oz water

600pm-

Last edited:
Do you log your food in fitday? ....watch the fruit and fruit juices.....LOTS of sugar in those. Reading your log....they're probably around more for the kids.

Try some Chrystal Lite or something "just for you". Write a big MOM'S SPECIAL POTION on it or something!! lol

Hope your feeling better!

ScorpioGirl said:
Do you log your food in fitday? ....watch the fruit and fruit juices.....LOTS of sugar in those. Reading your log....they're probably around more for the kids.

Try some Chrystal Lite or something "just for you". Write a big MOM'S SPECIAL POTION on it or something!! lol

Hope your feeling better!

I have logged in in Fitday before, :rolleyes: but not in the past few days. I just count the calories/fat/protein off of the packages according to what servings i have I add or subtract from those #'s. I forgot all about Crystal Lite.....yummy I will have to go buy some tomorrow. I guess you could say fruits and juices are my weakpoint, I think the crystal lite might curb that. LOL, I really like the idea of Mom's Special Potion, (the kids will get a "kick" out of it too, I'm sure) thanks!

For some reason I don't have the option to edit my last post so that I can add what I had for dinner last night.......6pm-1 turkey italian sausage link (this was surprisingly good, and it tasted like regular Italian sausage); 1/2c steamed broccoli; 6 mediumn pasta shells, 16oz water

Last edited:
8am-protein shake; 1 serving oatmeal w/tsp splenda; 16oz water

WORKOUT:
30 minutes pilates! Whoo, feel the burn.

2minutes- squat thrust push-ups
4 minutes- squat thrust push-ups w/side plank
6 minutes- squat thrust push-ups w/leg lifts
8 minutes- squat thrust push-ups w/mountain climbers

one-two punch w/lunge kick- 12 reps
ab crunch w/inner-thigh squeeze-20 reps
curtsy lunge w/front raise-12 reps
pile squat and calf raise w/biceps curl-17 reps
wall squat w/shoulder press-15 reps
single-arm row & reverse kickback w/lunge hold-18 reps
standing side leg/arm raise-15 reps

I'm still trying to "kick" this sinus infection, :( I woke up the other day and barely had a voice, and my head felt like it was the size of a watermelon....UG! Oh, well, I'm trying not to let it keep me from my excersice. I'll get over it eventually, just wish it was sooner than later.

8am-protein shake 80/0/20; 1 serving oatmeal w/tsp splenda & cinnamon 150/3/5; 16oz water

WORKOUT:
30 minutes pilates! I have muscles that are sore, that I've never felt before, LOL.

2minutes- squat thrust push-ups
4 minutes- squat thrust push-ups w/side plank
6 minutes- squat thrust push-ups w/leg lifts
8 minutes- squat thrust push-ups w/mountain climbers

1015am- 1oz turkey jerky 50/0/10; 16oz water

1130am- 1 serving Homeade Turkey sausage & red bean stew 238/11/29; 20oz water

130pm-protein shake 80/0/20; 20 oz water

300pm-4oz chicken breast 105/3.5/18.5

630pm-4oz chicken stir fry dinner (w/veggies)- 100/.75/7; 1 scoop choc/vanilla swirl FF icecream 100/0/5

I am going to start adding my journal entries for the day in the mornings, the evenings are too crazy w/trying to make dinner, get kids in bed, homework, and I also started school (online courses.) I hope it'll be easier this way, and that way I have my meals and everything for the day preplanned.

TOTALS: 903/17.80/114.5 Wow, my calories were pretty low and surprisingly my protein was up there.

Last edited:
Scale down another 1.5lbs and 1.5% bf yaaay! :elephant:
8am-1 serving rice cereal w/1 tsp splenda; protein shake 80/0/20; 16oz water

30minutes pilates
25 push-ups x 3
25 reverse push-ups x 3
25 sit-ups/crunches x 4
I also did some other weight training but I forgot what the exercises are called, I'll have to ask my hubby and edit later.

10am-4oz chicken breast 105/3.5/18.5; 1 slice lc 7 grain bread 60/1.5/5; 16oz water

12pm- 4oz catfish filet 150/3.5/13; 1c broccoli 50/1.5/3; protein shake 80/0/20

230pm- 1 serving almonds 150/13/4; 16oz water

630pm- 4oz pork loin 180/12/20g; 1c garden vegetable medley 70/0.5/2; protein shake 80/0/20

TOTALS: 1,005cals/35.5g fat/125.5g protein

It is much easier to make entries in my journal in the AM. Then I can edit if needed at the end of the day, it'll take up less time and I can study and get the things I need to done in the evenings. Yippie!

Last edited:
8am-1 serving oatmeal; protein shake; 16oz water

1030am-(on the go) Kellog's Special K bar; 16oz water

1200pm-4oz chicken breast; 1 med sweet potato with 1/2 pat of margarine & 1/4 tsp cinnamon; protein shake mixed w/1 tsp natty pb; 16oz water

230pm-1 avocado; 20oz water

25 minutes cardio (eliptical machine)-217 cals burned (at least that's what the machine said......Are personal pedometers better than the one's on the machines? 30 mintues circut/weight training. I feel great!....still not completely over the sinus infection, but maybe keeping my fluid intake up and continuing to work-out will kick it.....36oz water

700pm-1c turkey italian sausage stew; side salad (approx 1c) w/1 tbs fat free/light Italian dressing.............I still need to calculate my totals, I'm going to have do that in the AM, the NyQuill I took a little while ago is kicking in. Ciao my fellow EF members, have a great night!

TOTALS: 932cals/27.625g fat/77.33g protein

Last edited:
I'm new on the board as well, hubby got me started just like you. I'm in the same boat you are when it comes to diet. He wants to gain weight I want to loose weight. It's been hard but we are finally getting the fridge and pantry to where we can both be happy. We have been eating alot of cottage cheese with fruit and yogart. Both have a decent amount of protein in them for the men and low fat for the girls. Great job on the log and weight lose. Hope you feel better soon!

indyswife said:
I'm new on the board as well, hubby got me started just like you. I'm in the same boat you are when it comes to diet. He wants to gain weight I want to loose weight. It's been hard but we are finally getting the fridge and pantry to where we can both be happy. We have been eating alot of cottage cheese with fruit and yogart. Both have a decent amount of protein in them for the men and low fat for the girls. Great job on the log and weight lose. Hope you feel better soon!

Thanks for the encouragement! :) I am SLOWLY feeling better, i think that cardio yesterday made a difference. We're getting better about the fridge and pantry issue too. Yay! Yummy, yogurt, I love yogurt, now I'll have to go get some. Yesterday I bought some rice cakes, reduced fat wheat thins and "100cal pack" cookie bites (100cals/3g fat & 1 protein) these will be my rewards at the end of every week part of my cheat meal. But even when I have a cheat meal I still try to keep it healthy, NO McDonals, Steak & Shake etc for me. Just the thought of a big fat grease burger makes my stomach churn, ug! I guess that's good and means I'm making some progress, when it comes to that. I just needed to get into a regualr routine, and stick w/it. I think I'm doing alright so far. I figure I want it bad enough and I'm willing to make these sacrifices to get there. I even thought about cutting the 1 cheat meal out completely in hopes that it'd help me get to my goal quicker.

Top Bottom